Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
The biggest problem I have with Mobipocket on the T91 is that the forward and back buttons are about 1/4" wide on the edge of the screen. That makes for pretty wide margins but also makes them a pain to use in tablet mode. I like it's formatting, etc but it's inconvient to use on a touch device. If I had an easier target for page turning, it'd be at the front of the list. The only reason FBreader is above it is because FBreader let me add swipes for page turning and natively supports rotation

eReader just doesn't have enough formatting options. Specifically I like a decent indent at the beginning of my paragraphs but eReader has none at all. eReader's touch controls are very, very nice though - very nice.

I'd love to see Alreader2+ on Windows, it's page turning is easy and it has a ton of formatting options

I don't mind converting my books to another format. Calibre does all the work anyway.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #32
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
I'd love to see Alreader2+ on Windows, it's page turning is easy and it has a ton of formatting options
There is a Windows version http://reeed.ru/en_prog_alreader_win.php
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Nice, if I could understand Russian...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #34
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With a bit of experimenting I'm sure you'll figure it out
Old 11-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #35
Houndx
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Awesome, checking it out now. Karma for you
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #36
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
Awesome, checking it out now. Karma for you
Thx for the karma
Old 11-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #37
Houndx
Groupie

Well, clicking randomly didn't get the two columns turned off.. gonna see if I can translate it.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #38
Houndx
Groupie

And, here is a quickly translated version of the exe. You'll still need the other files from the main site and you should get the english hyphenation file as well. That download is probably only good for 10 or so dl's

If you haven't tried AlReader, I can't recommend it enough. Just about anything you want to customize is available in a menu somewhere - different fonts, sizes, styles, colors for everything, tap zones, keys, indents, spacing, letter width, letter thickness.. you get the picture.

I'll use AlReader for entertainment reading and eReader for anything requiring notes, bookmarks or highlighting. Also, I hope Amazon improves Kindle for PC to make it usable.