|
|||||||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#31 |
|
Groupie
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 164
Karma: 1656764
Join Date: Apr 2024
Device: Kindle 11th Gen; Clara BW
|
From that kobopatch.yaml file:
## Does not work My 24 line spacing values: no Custom left & right margins: no Custom font sizes: no ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: no Custom kepub default margins: no Block WiFi firmware upgrade: no Does that mean that the block WiFi upgrade won't work? |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 15,826
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#33 | |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 54,940
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
Quote:
I was thinking that since Dal Bhat is so vehement about not wanting to get updates, perhaps due to worrying that their Clara BW will automatically update to a v6 release, the block updates patch was more suitable. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 54,940
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 15,826
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
|
Yes, that is what I meant. I never got any prompt without that patch. With it my Libra has not updated even once.
|
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#36 | |
|
Groupie
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 164
Karma: 1656764
Join Date: Apr 2024
Device: Kindle 11th Gen; Clara BW
|
Quote:
First, I manually upgraded the firmware to the most current by suggestion here and applied a patch with my desired attributes. Then I connected to my network and clicked to sync. It searched for updates, but all that I saw was updating dictionaries. Then done. What I got out of it was what I wanted in the first place: the clock and time zone got correctly set. But it did install a later version of the English dictionary, the one without etymologies. --Boo. But I had saved the 2019 version and ditched the newer one. So dictionaries is back to normal, although the setting is now populated with a long list of additional. --Can that list be deleted? Anyway, if you sync a Clara without an account it is still going to call home update what it can. FYI |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,929
Karma: 17671736
Join Date: Sep 2022
Device: Kobo Libra 2
|
Yeah if you want to connect to Wi-Fi and not have the inferior dictionary installed, you'd need to block the Kobo update server in your Clara's hosts file or your router. It would be simpler to just never go online and set the clock manually now and then.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 | |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,675
Karma: 12106726
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NE Oregon
Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 4+
|
Quote:
What I do know is that if you load a backwards-compatible epub 3 into the Kobo Android app, you will see things like small-caps, or text-transform: uppercase; and you will get pop-up footnotes if those are coded correctly. I think you get image zoom too, but can't remember. I doubt you get any of the Kobo stat stuff, but I personally don't use or care about that. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Groupie
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 164
Karma: 1656764
Join Date: Apr 2024
Device: Kindle 11th Gen; Clara BW
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,929
Karma: 17671736
Join Date: Sep 2022
Device: Kobo Libra 2
|
This is not correct. I use sideload mode, and I am able to set my clock manually. There was a discussion a few months back about what causes the firmware to disable setting the clock manually, but I don't remember what the verdict was. It might be related to using ADE to read library books, so that you can't cheat on your loan expiration dates?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 15,826
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Groupie
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 164
Karma: 1656764
Join Date: Apr 2024
Device: Kindle 11th Gen; Clara BW
|
Neither apply here, so I don't know why I can't change the clock.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Connoisseur
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 93
Karma: 111714
Join Date: Mar 2022
Device: kobo Libra 2
|
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Kobo-eReader
"If you're signed in to your Kobo Plus or OverDrive account, you won't be able to change the date and time manually." |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,929
Karma: 17671736
Join Date: Sep 2022
Device: Kobo Libra 2
|
You can't use Kobo Plus with sideload mode though, can you? I think you can still configure ADE, since that's separate from your Kobo account. Overdrive might work in sideload mode too, but I don't know. I have no accounts configured on mine.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 15,826
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| What built in epub renderer? | karljs | PocketBook | 6 | 05-09-2021 05:45 PM |
| Kepub/epub font size problem and best GloHD firmware today? | A random blob | Kobo Reader | 11 | 09-08-2020 10:30 AM |
| About MuPDF ePub renderer | roger64 | KOReader | 2 | 12-07-2018 08:26 PM |
| How to make Kobo's Kepub renderer do its job? | doubleshuffle | ePub | 15 | 04-10-2016 02:08 AM |
| Renderer resolution with RMSDK | Mark.Vasconcelos | Android Developer's Corner | 1 | 10-05-2011 04:38 AM |