Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2026, 06:44 AM   #31
Kayadelenium
Addict
Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayadelenium ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Kayadelenium's Avatar
 
Posts: 224
Karma: 363834
Join Date: Jul 2026
Location: Planet Earth
Device: Kobo Forma
A question for everyone using this plugin, before I add something to it.

In the epubveri thread, JSWolf, DiapDealer and DNSB asked for a warning when an HTML file is larger than 260 KB uncompressed. That is the size calibre splits at, because some older reading systems cannot handle larger files. I have it ready as ADV-013: an advisory note, never an error, that never changes the verdict and only names the file and its size.

The catch is that this plugin shows advisory findings by default. So after the update, a book with a large chapter that is clean today would show one ADV-013 row in the results panel. calibre's own Check Book already reports these files as "File too large", so you may see it twice.

So which would you prefer?
  1. Show it like the other advisory notes (on by default; the advisory switch in the plugin's settings turns it off, together with the other advisory notes).
  2. Keep it off unless you switch it on yourself.
  3. Leave it out of the editor plugin, since Check Book already covers it.
Nothing changes until I have heard from you.
Kayadelenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2026, 06:55 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 85,258
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayadelenium View Post
So which would you prefer?
  1. Show it like the other advisory notes (on by default; the advisory switch in the plugin's settings turns it off, together with the other advisory notes).
  2. Keep it off unless you switch it on yourself.
  3. Leave it out of the editor plugin, since Check Book already covers it.
Nothing changes until I have heard from you.
I say to have it on by default.

On thing that would be good is to allow categorizing advisory notes. For example, if I have advisory notes on, I don't need to see that I have embedded fonts. I know this as I can see it in the editor. But I do want to know if my HTML files are too large.

I suggest having one set of advisory notes that state the obvious and one that doesn't. This way we can toggle each set as we want.

For the library plugin, we should have this advisory note available so we can fix eBooks with HTML that could be too large to work properly with a Reader.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-24-2026 at 07:16 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Plugin] epubveri - Simple epubveri wrapper Doitsu Plugins 59 09-26-2026 06:36 AM
[GUI Plugin] epubveri library Kayadelenium Plugins 53 09-25-2026 06:41 AM
[Editor Plugin] Bulk Image Resizer Plugin eliteart Plugins 11 10-27-2024 03:47 PM
[Editor Plugin] - Enabling 'Customize plugin' dialog directly from the Editor thiago.eec Development 7 01-09-2019 08:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.