Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-20-2022, 02:14 PM   #31
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
My Oasis has a cover and lives in my purse when I am out and about.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:30 PM   #32
teamug
I like buttons!
teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT (Graphite&2012), Kobo Libra 2, Moaan Mix7, InkPalm 5
I hate cases when reading. I have tried, and nope, I just can't get comfortable reading with one on. At the same time I realize the danger my e-readers live in when in a bag, so I either use a type of sleeve when they're in a bag, or in the case of the Mix 7 (which is basically identical to Kindle Oasis except emerald green and running android) I use a case that fastens onto the reader magnetically that I just slip off whenever I'm reading. Naturally this makes me a little nervous since it's glass and metal, so I only read on it when in a very safe environment.

As for my edc – After trying to be a real woman and use shoulder bags, I have come to realize my shoulders and I hate them with a fiery passion. So it's backpacks all the way. I have Fjällräven Kånkens in several sizes and colors. I mostly use a mini where I always carry a pouch with a power bank, universal USB cable (it has three heads, and I have things that use all three...) and even a wall brick. I like being prepared. I also have a Swiss Army knife, always a filled water bottle, a tiny umbrella, and the "normal" stuff like keys etc.

Last edited by teamug; 07-20-2022 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling
teamug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2022, 06:24 PM   #33
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
My Kobo stays at home at all times. For everyday reading, I use my cell phone as I commute back and forth to work. When I travel, I have my phone, my phone that I use as a mp3 player, and my tablet. the latter are in a bubble wrap sleeve, along with chargers and cords and tucked in a compartment of my backpack. All gear, have cases on them for protection. My mp3 player also has all of my books on it as well as my tunes!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:38 PM   #34
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have a small thin purse that's not much bigger than my Glo HD itself, and it's in a case as well but still fits nicely. All I ever carry is a bit of cash, cards, phone and ereader. It's made of nylon so it's very lightweight to begin with, with a crossbody strap and lots of zippers to stop pickpockets!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:05 PM   #35
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I use my purse. My cousin has an inner pocket in all of his jackets. He doesn't take his ereader around in the summer because he has to leave it in the car and that will kill the battery. A lot of people, particularly guys, I think leave it at home and read or listen on their phone.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2022, 08:53 PM   #36
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Since I spend an average of perhaps 3-4 hours a week outside my home, I tend not to use my Sage anywhere other than home. If I do take it when going out, I just keep it in its case and leave it in the tray under my seat in the car
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:14 PM   #37
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral View Post
Are you ever worried it will scratch? I'm carrying around my Kobo Aura edition 2 without a case in my purse and that thing hasn't had one microscratch. It's screen is a beast, or I'm just lucky.
I am not. Older Kindles were more fragile, but PW4 and later have proven very resilient.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:43 PM   #38
mistral
mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kindle Paperwhite 5, Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamug View Post
I hate cases when reading. I have tried, and nope, I just can't get comfortable reading with one on. At the same time I realize the danger my e-readers live in when in a bag, so I either use a type of sleeve when they're in a bag, or in the case of the Mix 7 (which is basically identical to Kindle Oasis except emerald green and running android) I use a case that fastens onto the reader magnetically that I just slip off whenever I'm reading. Naturally this makes me a little nervous since it's glass and metal, so I only read on it when in a very safe environment.

As for my edc – After trying to be a real woman and use shoulder bags, I have come to realize my shoulders and I hate them with a fiery passion. So it's backpacks all the way. I have Fjällräven Kånkens in several sizes and colors. I mostly use a mini where I always carry a pouch with a power bank, universal USB cable (it has three heads, and I have things that use all three...) and even a wall brick. I like being prepared. I also have a Swiss Army knife, always a filled water bottle, a tiny umbrella, and the "normal" stuff like keys etc.
I have the mini fjallraven backpack in yellow and I love it but it got dirty so fast I’m more of a crossbody purse kind of gal.
The universal USB cable sounds like a really good idea. Your edc sounds pretty much like mine (except my knife is Kershaw leek) but I’m carrying all my cords messily until Apple has usb-c iPhones.
mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:35 AM   #39
teamug
I like buttons!
teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teamug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT (Graphite&2012), Kobo Libra 2, Moaan Mix7, InkPalm 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral View Post
I have the mini fjallraven backpack in yellow and I love it but it got dirty so fast I’m more of a crossbody purse kind of gal.
The universal USB cable sounds like a really good idea. Your edc sounds pretty much like mine (except my knife is Kershaw leek) but I’m carrying all my cords messily until Apple has usb-c iPhones.
I actually think my green one is a counterfeit since the material seems a lot more resistant to dirt. . But yeah, the yellow ones look great in the store, but whenever I see someone out and about with it it seems like it always looks very scuffed up and dirty.

Thanks to the EU, the lightning cable will die soon. But I think it will be at least four years before I've "used up" all my devices that use either micro-USB or lightning... So I'm glad I found that weird looking cable with three heads poking out (it looks like a cross), which has replaced all others!
teamug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:59 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think Apple should go for the MiniUSB port just to piss off the EU.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:14 PM   #41
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think Apple should go for the MiniUSB port just to piss off the EU.
Yes, deliberately making sure their product can't be sold in a market the size of the US would be a very smart move on Apple's part.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:17 PM   #42
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamug View Post
So I'm glad I found that weird looking cable with three heads poking out (it looks like a cross), which has replaced all others!
I have a "2-headed" one for micro-USB/USB-C, and one unexpected advatage to it is that unplugging and replugging my Sage to my PC no longer requires inserting and removing anything from the USB port on the Sage
Old 07-21-2022, 01:18 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Yes, deliberately making sure their product can't be sold in a market the size of the US would be a very smart move on Apple's part.
Apple going USB-C on the iPhone is a bad idea. The EU should be forced to pay for all the USB-C cables to replace all the lightning cables we've already purchased.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:25 PM   #44
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Apple going USB-C on the iPhone is a bad idea.

One universal, generic connector is widely considered a good idea, at least in the EU. Just another opportunity for Apple to milk its loyal flock by charging ridiculous prices for a new dongle.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:04 PM   #45
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I have a briefcase style one for court and a small backpack for all non-court days.
I'm happy to say that my non-court days vastly outnumber my court days!

99% of my reading is done at my desk while eating (10%), on my sofa while relaxing (60%) and in bed in the evening (30%).
On the loose, I have my little backpack with my purse and possibly my Poke3 in a cover if I'm going to some sort of appointment. If not, I can always find the same content synced to my cell phone.

Oh, and I can read anywhere. As long as nobody is talking within a 1 km radius.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote