Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Odd. When I look at Tolino's site, the Epos 2 is listed at having an 8" Mobius display.
Yes, it it looks like the same hardware as the Forma. I didn't know about it. My mistake. But there are more 7.8" devices out there then 8".

Thanks for the correction.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:43 AM   #32
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
Kobo Forma has a super good feeling and I was a bit doubtful about the handling, but finally it's all OK.

The gyroscope is a super good idea for the page orientation, and so far, I was able to find back the "night mode" by triggering the dev mode.

Only downside is the frontlight, on which you can see the slightly whiter bar on the handle side. But it's visible only with frontlight above 50 or 60%, which I never use.

I always have frontlight at 1%, no more. I just can't see what use or situation would justify to go over 25/30%, which is pretty bright already.

Software wise, I had a Kobo Glo HD, so nothing to say, software is the same, I feel at home.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2021, 04:30 AM   #33
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
Funny, Tolino Epos 2 is a copy/paste of the Kobo Forma.
Yep, the whole series are hardware clones of the Kobo line-up, except for the Page 2 — in that case the Kobo Nia is the hardware clone. The software is significantly different between Tolino and Kobo, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
I had the chance to grab a Forma yesterday and test it out.

The weird shape choice is a no go for me. I'm a "bottom left corner" holder guy, and did not feel super good with the Forma in hands.
Not going by experience, but by what I've read, I don't think I would like the Forma or Libra (or the Vision 5 or Epos 2). Lighting problems seem to be a common issue with the way the screen is designed. The Tolinos I own are the old, pre-Kobo (Deutsche Telekom) designed readers (except I found a Shine 3 (Clara hardware clone) cheap). The Shine 2 and the Visions seem to have longer battery life than the (Clara) Shine 3.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:57 AM   #34
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Yep, the whole series are hardware clones of the Kobo line-up, except for the Page 2 — in that case the Kobo Nia is the hardware clone. The software is significantly different between Tolino and Kobo, however.
They are almost hardware clones, except for the CPU.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:58 PM   #35
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
They are almost hardware clones, except for the CPU.
I've read that — sorry for not mentioning it. I'll start using the qualifier "almost." I'm guessing they did this to keep people from using Tolinos as Kobos, and vice versa?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert