Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-27-2020, 12:40 AM   #31
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
the above post (from twitter post iBoyue Likebook
@BoyueTechnologys) the new link for the corrected upgrade PDF instruction file.downloading and reading this PDF file allows you to click on the new link for downloading the corrected firmware image file which
corrects the " original FW deleted wrongly".

Last edited by raygj; 08-27-2020 at 12:44 AM.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:47 AM   #32
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

from <https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/status/1298807003393847296>
Advert
Old 08-27-2020, 07:36 AM   #33
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboyue View Post
After several attempts I was able to get my T80D into the "Found One Loader Device" mode.
Then I could run the upload of the 1.1.3 output I got from waldy here in this forum and most of the partition images did load ok.
I did use the modified android tool from bernardo which does an error checking on the upload.
Alas, the kpanic.img partition failed with message "Not found offset of kpanic partition".
The same applies to the baseparameter and the radical_update partitions.
Now I have a likebook that shows the boot image with the bridge and the dot animation runs in a loop.
And the recovery menu also seems to be lost.
So far I did not manage to get into the recovery menu again.
Strangely the android tool now always goes into the "Found One Loader Device" when I connect it to my PC and press the power button for a few seconds.
So I am a small step further but still without a working likebook.
For reference here are my Flash and Chip info taken from the advanced function tab.
Flash ID - CS0: 45 4D 4D 43 20
Flash Info - Samsung, 14752MB 512kB Blocks 2kB Pages ECC Bits: 0
Chip Tag: 33 33 30 41
Chip Flag: -RK330A
hi , 1st attempted the update with the new (2nd ver. correcting the erasing error) see <https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/status/1298807003393847296>
my first time it loaded the firmware 100% rebooted 1 black screen erased then jumped to reboot then got stuck in a rebooting loop.I almost had a heart attack
2nd attempt I could not turn off so i plugged in usb cable held the power button in until window's prog could not detect device then quickly inserted paper clip to reset hole held it 3 sec then removed it .loader program detected.attempted upgrade. red fail a 5%.
3rd same steps as 2nd attempt. got to 17% red fail.
4th attempt same steps as 2nd attempt got to 100% it reset it self,black screen,jumped to reboot jumped to language selection and then wifi network selection for connection the jumped to home screen.you have to go to google-play.redoing you google account login.and reinstall any apps that you previously had installed.its very stressful
but if it fails just redo it .don't give up.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #34
raygj
Connoisseur

after upgrading to android 8 .i had to reload my library of books .I use calibre and the usb cable to load the books.it is now faster transferring books. transferring 168 books took 41 seconds + 1 second for the metadata file.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #35
noboyue
noboyue began at the beginning.

Device: likebook Mars T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygj View Post
....don't give up.
Yes, that's the way to go.
After several attempts, back and forth I eventually got 8.1 running.
Now I need to configure the device again.

Does anybody know if there is an updated user manual?

I selected the minimalist display as home screen and can't find a way to arrange it except moving items to the top or hide them.
I did hide an app and now I don't know how to run it as it seems there is no app drawer with all the apps.
I went to the android settings (Settings , right arrow, android settings , apps & notifications, see all apps) to see all apps but there is no way to run them from there.
noboyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #36
wanderson
wanderson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11 & Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
Whoa! 2rl, THANKS for this step-by-step! I've now got a rooted image to go on my Mars when it arrives Thursday.

Wanders
@2rl, alas, your method did not work for me. The update went as per usual, but when the device was rebooted, it hung in recovery with "No command" displayed below the Android 'bot laying on its back.

The normal upgrade (non-rooted image file) worked just dandy.

So if you have any more details on how to root the device / image file, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

Wanders
wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:47 PM   #37
2rl
2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese

Device: Likebook Mars
The above method for installing magisk doesn't work, don't bother trying. After it finishes flashing, the devicewill restart restart and you'll be stuck in a "no command" black screen and you'll have to reflash the original update.img again...

I thought it would work but it doesn't...sorry
2rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #38
2rl
2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
@2rl, alas, your method did not work for me. The update went as per usual, but when the device was rebooted, it hung in recovery with "No command" displayed below the Android 'bot laying on its back.

So if you have any more details on how to root the device / image file, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

Wanders
I've edited the system.img and copied the su binary from lineage 15.1 and gave the permissions to the su binary, and when I was going to repack for flashing my windows installation failed and I can't tuse windows at the moment. The only reason I was using windows is becasue the bloody imgRePAckerRK does not want to work in ubuntu and I cannot find the reason why nor I can find another tool for linux for unpacking and packing rockchip images...
Old 08-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #39
2rl

Quote:

Wanders
Another option is to unpack the system.img, mount it and add the su binary manually with correct permissions and so on, then repack everything and flash, it might work. I was in the middle of this process and my win10 installation died. imgrepackerrk doesn't work in my Kubuntu 20.04 and I don't know of any other tools for unpacking rockchip images in linux. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #40
2rl

I also read that if you get the no command error you can fix it by deleting cache from recovery but I never tried since I don't know how you boot into recovery in the Likebook Mars. How can you boot into recovery? Thanks
Old 08-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #41
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
OMG!

After reading through three pages of trial and tribulations, is there a consensus to wait this out for two weeks to a month to see if there are newer uploads by Boyue to correct these post installation restart issues? Thankfully I was stopped from steamrolling ahead after seeing the update info on Goodreader because of the removed firmware file. At that point I came straight to Mobileread and am I glad I did. Thanks for the link to the updated instruction sheet which led to the missing firmware. However, after reading through the rest of the posts and seeing the (ongoing) restart issues, this still appears to be a work in progress.

I use my Mars strictly as an e-reader and side load ALL of my titles so the only time I use WiFi is whenever there was an upgrade or I need to update my one app which is eReader Prestigio. That is what I use for my reader rather than the default and also can create individual library sections within it wherein to keep my titles by subject. It also has a great look even in b&w.

Again, my thanks to all for being here. This forum continues to be a real lifesaver!

Last edited by p38lightning; 08-28-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling correction
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #42
wanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
After reading through three pages of trial and tribulations, is there a consensus to wait this out for two weeks to a month to see if there are newer uploads by Boyue to correct these post installation restart issues?
@p38lightning, I would say there is no such consensus. I had no problems with the install (on a fresh Mars). My only issues were with a hacked image (see above). The standard image worked well for me. One thing of which to be aware: your Mars must be powered off, not just sleeping, to start the install.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:34 PM   #43
wanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rl View Post
I also read that if you get the no command error you can fix it by deleting cache from recovery but I never tried since I don't know how you boot into recovery in the Likebook Mars. How can you boot into recovery? Thanks
Per my experimentation, you boot into recovery by holding the reset button (with a key or paperclip) as you power on. Also, you select the recovery menu items by tapping the reset button. Not too convenient, but it works.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:30 AM   #44
MiGP
MiGP began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars T80D
I also succeeded to flash 8.1 update this morning. I used the 8.1 image from yesterday and it went smooth this time, no problems. I notices some differences though the image name and version is one and same with the one from a couple of days ago, strange thing. Anyway, my device works perfect now and 8.1 looks way faster and better than 6. Thank you.
MiGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:34 AM   #45
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
Android 10.0 arrived a year ago, Android 8.0 was released 3 years ago and the version 6.0 still used on Boyue devices is 5 years old. Taking chances to update to 8.0 is not an attractive option. My Alita stays as it is until things look more user friendly.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote