Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #31
FoxkehKayak
Edge User

So if I understand this right... Entourage will still remain the same company but launch another product? I thought that they were overreaching a bit when they launched the PE. I remember reading the forums about all the software requests and thinking that they should fix those first before launching a second product. Seems like the same thing all over again.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #32
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodereader View Post
Hey guys.

I don't want to out the contact that told me this, because I did not want to get her into hot water. The company in question is Entrouage's official distribution arm of Entourage in Canada. If you want to order one in Canada you order it from this company as per Entourage HQ.

They said that the Edge was discontinued and that there was a new "slate" being developed, which if you look at companies billing tablets as "Slates" slates are normally Windows Devices where Tablets are often Android. If you look at the EXOPC "slate" its a windows 7 based tablet.

Basically as per Entourage its business as normal, they aren't just making any new Pocket Edges, they cited "lack of interest and demand" I think originally they had big plans to get in bed with schools and higher education environments but it did not pan out.

I really like the Edge, and Pocket Edge, I think they are both really unique devices and I wish more companies focused on innovation and design rather then just release "another android tablet"

We messed on the dimensions of the Edge, I was going from memory, I have since corrected it. We will let you guys know when we know more.
Thanks for chiming in, Goodereader!

As you can tell, there's plenty of interest in whatever you have to report. Thanks also for clarifying the Canada connection!

Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #33
johnseeking
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrobot View Post
That means we might see PE's for LESS than $150 pretty soon.
Good! My wife has officially stolen mine as of this morning (two days after I got it... and it's my birthday today, grr...) so if I can pick up another one for her for sub-150 I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #34
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodereader View Post
I don't want to out the contact that told me this, because I did not want to get her into hot water. The company in question is Entrouage's official distribution arm of Entourage in Canada. If you want to order one in Canada you order it from this company as per Entourage HQ.
Except, as us Canadians will tell you, that's not how you order an edge in Canada. Now, if you mean that all retailers have to go through this distribution company, that's one thing. But it still doesn't make much sense to call it Entourage Canada. Ask a Canadian who's ordered - I believe we've all gone either through Entourage (US) directly if you pre-ordered or retail stores if you didn't.

I don't mean to doubt your journalistic integrity, and I can appreciate you not wanting to out a source. It's just that it doesn't jibe with our Canadian experience, so you can appreciate why we would be confused and wonder who the heck your source was.

(PS - it's "jibe" and not jive, right? I always second guess myself.)

Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #35
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
(PS - it's "jibe" and not jive, right? I always second guess myself.)
I do too!!

Here's one answer: http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/gibe.html. Looks like your word usage was correct (or at least the accepted standard! )

Advert