Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #31
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Well, a color e-ink with full Android and a reasonable refresh rate could beat a tablet at any kind of reading. Web pages, magazines, newspapers, and books. LCDs would only be better for video and gaming. I sure would be willing to pay well for that. And Mirasol has the potential to completely replace LCDs. Sure we love color, but a lot of us just hate reading on LCD tablets.
So would I, so would I.
The problem is, and ProfCrash has a valid point, you and I together with a lot of people here are simply nuts. We are willing to spend a fair amount of money on gadgets that still aren't fully developed. Most people did not spend $400 for the initial Kindle, it took of when it was improved and under half that price point. A color eInk with the same sharp text as a b&w would easily rip out 6 crisp Ben Franklin's from my wallet, despite decent Android tablets being available for half the price. Most other people would think that is a crazy decision, not asylum crazy, but yes, a little nuts.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:26 AM   #32
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
now what I want is a touch screen tablet that you just select eink as an option when reading books and normal high res colour screen the rest of the time. I also want a space ship and that cant happen either

well I would just settle for all the spoilt people in my home to stop telling me not to read because I am not giving them my full attention when they decide I should have been waiting with baited breath for them to summon me hehehehe

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #33
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
now what I want is a touch screen tablet that you just select eink as an option when reading books and normal high res colour screen the rest of the time. I also want a space ship and that cant happen either
If money isn't much of an object, you can have both.

For the latter, Virgin Galactic is taking reservations.

For the former, look into PixelQi devices (like the much hyped Adam) or this:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...xel-qi-tablet/
There's even a kit version for hobbyists to play with:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ls/#more-33436
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #34
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So would I, so would I.
The problem is, and ProfCrash has a valid point, you and I together with a lot of people here are simply nuts. We are willing to spend a fair amount of money on gadgets that still aren't fully developed. Most people did not spend $400 for the initial Kindle, it took of when it was improved and under half that price point. A color eInk with the same sharp text as a b&w would easily rip out 6 crisp Ben Franklin's from my wallet, despite decent Android tablets being available for half the price. Most other people would think that is a crazy decision, not asylum crazy, but yes, a little nuts.
Well, we have to find a way to spend our money, right? If actual bang for the buck was the real yardstick we would all be using netbooks instead of tablets. But for me, if I like and want something, I am willing to spend more. And an alternative product won't interest me, no matter how cheap it is.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #35
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
I discovered this morning that there is a model with HD pearl screen, resolution of 1024x768.

wonderful!!

The model: Onyx Boox i62HD.

I will wait impatiently...
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert