Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #31
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
GeoffR, I would like to ask your permission to use, in an Italian forum about e-reading, a translation of your first message of this thread.
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #32
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giododa View Post
GeoffR, I would like to ask your permission to use, in an Italian forum about e-reading, a translation of your first message of this thread.
You and any else are welcome to use anything I post here, I hope it is helpful.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #33
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #34
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
You and any else are welcome to use anything I post here, I hope it is helpful.
I should just make it clear that the Patcher program (kpg.exe) and most of the original patches were created by Metazoa at The Electronic Book forums.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #35
sdiox
sdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
I've just upgraded from 2.6.1 and I've to say that I'm very thankful for your patches and detailed instructions!

Anyway, I also noticed that, in this firmware, I can no longer access dictionary when I'm on files with formats other than epub (e.g. pdf and cbz ). Is there anyway to restore this functionality? (English is my second language so I need to look up words from time to time.)

Last edited by sdiox; 02-02-2014 at 09:16 AM. Reason: misspelling
sdiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #36
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiox View Post
Anyway, I also noticed that, in this firmware, I can no longer access dictionary when I'm on files with formats other than epub (e.g. pdf and cbz ). Is there anyway to restore this functionality? (English is my second language so I need to look up words from time to time.)
Was it possible before? I just started reading PDF books and noticed that there is no annotations or dictionary available.
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #37
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
GeoffR, thanks for these very needed instructions. These patches are an absolute necessity for many of us.
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #38
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Outstanding, although it would be a LOT EASIER if you would just zip up the files involved into a single package, like this one.

The attached .zip file contains all three of the files mentioned above, for patching Aura HD from Windows.

Download and unzip this file, and you need not go thru the silly exercise of downloading and extracting files from three different sources. Includes a copy of the instructions from the beginning of this thread.

[mod: attachment deleted]

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-23-2014 at 06:32 AM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #39
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Outstanding, although it would be a LOT EASIER if you would just zip up the files involved into a single package, like this one.

The attached .zip file contains all three of the files mentioned above, for patching Aura HD from Windows.

Download and unzip this file, and you need not go thru the silly exercise of downloading and extracting files from three different sources. Includes a copy of the instructions from the beginning of this thread.
The problem is that some of these files, e.g. the Kobo firmware, are under copyright and so I doubt that it is legal to distribute them like this.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #40
marlowe310
marlowe310 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I'm having a small issue I just noticed and now cannot unsee -- my margins are uneven, meaning my LEFT margin is slightly (about 1/3) larger than my right margin -- no matter how I tweak the margin size bar.

Any idea what that might be, and how I might resolve it? I was thinking it might be related to the book's internal CSS style sheet.
marlowe310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe310 View Post
I'm having a small issue I just noticed and now cannot unsee -- my margins are uneven, meaning my LEFT margin is slightly (about 1/3) larger than my right margin -- no matter how I tweak the margin size bar.

Any idea what that might be, and how I might resolve it? I was thinking it might be related to the book's internal CSS style sheet.
Have you enabled the margins fine tuning patch? If so, try disabling it, running the patcher and updating your Kobo with new KoboRoot.tgz file.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #42
marlowe310
marlowe310 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
That did the trick! Thanks a ton.
marlowe310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #43
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Supder duper thanks! This solved the only problem I had with post-2.9 FW, namely the freakishly large line spacing in Kobo Nickel.

Kudos!
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #44
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Worked like a charm! Thanks for the very thorough, step-by-step instructions! Love having the advanced options for side-loaded fonts!

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #45
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Curious: is there no option to remove the header when reading kepubs? I liked it at first, but have grown weary of it.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote