Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2023, 09:32 PM   #31
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbk View Post
Looked to order and noticing that the product is now sold out at the US Kobo storefront.

😩 I waited too long. Well, this’ll give me a chance to sell a few things to fund it.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:40 PM   #32
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Can you return it? Sometimes it pays to keep watch of particular threads (like the speculating starting last December). In this thread, scroll down to post #125 providing link to the unboxing video on 3/26:

see post #125
It will be a hassle. I threw away the packaging and it’s financed threw affirm and returning will not garentee they will give me the credit to repurchase. Also I only use Amazon.com and the Amazon locker. I don’t accept deliveries and the 2e is not on Amazon yet
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2023, 09:43 PM   #33
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am surprised it’s not cheaper given the new one does not include the case.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:05 PM   #34
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I am surprised it’s not cheaper given the new one does not include the case.
I'm not. Rampant inflation. This gives the customer options as opposed to the original Elipsa bundle.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:05 AM   #35
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Elipsa 2E review

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 04-08-2023 at 08:35 PM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2023, 10:57 AM   #36
HLS
Wizard

looks like the 2E is sold out on kobo.com already
Old 04-08-2023, 11:36 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Elipsa 2E review

This is what you put between the Youtube tags. bO9c1C-9wcY
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 11:38 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
looks like the 2E is sold out on kobo.com already
You have to mention which country as it's all kobo.com.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:38 AM   #39
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You have to mention which country as it's all kobo.com.
I am in the USA but sould out of Canada I would think it would be all over
Old 04-09-2023, 08:39 AM   #40
HLS
Wizard

I will eventually get it. maybe for my birthday in Sept
Old 04-09-2023, 11:49 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I will eventually get it. maybe for my birthday in Sept
That will be a nice birthday present.
Old 04-09-2023, 02:30 PM   #42
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
The review on Youtube above does not do a very good job comparing the Elipsa and the Scribe. I have both and have compared them for weeks. I find myself using the Elipsa and avoiding the Scribe, which may seem a bit strange given the fact that the Scribe has better resolution and a better screen. I find it significantly easier to read on the Elipsa, though I'm not sure exactly why. Some negatives about the Scribe: it is too dim in dark mode, it's a bit heavier, it's harder to hold (the back is metal) and its software is inferior. But even in normal (not dark) mode, I find the text on the screen of the Elipsa is easier to read. All in all, the Elipsa has a nicer feel to it. I am looking forward to upgrading, at which time I'll sell the Scribe and the older Elipsa. One important thing not mentioned much is that Elipsa can be dimmed or brightened by sliding your finger over the left side of the screen. On the Scribe, you have to go open a window and change the brightness with a slider, a procedure that gets tiresome.

Last edited by talaivan; 04-09-2023 at 02:34 PM.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 03:26 PM   #43
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kobo have tweeted that the battery life is "improved". Obviously no numbers and we will need to wait for a teardown, or the FCC to publish photos of the internals, to know if the battery size is increased.

The CPU's different, and may also be more efficient.

FWIW on the ppi front, I upgraded from an Aura @ 217ppi to an Aura One @ 300ppi, and the difference was noticeable. However I might hold an ereader closer to my eyes than I'd hold a tablet, so possibly the 227ppi on the Elipsa 2E is not relevant. Possibly.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 03:36 PM   #44
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma/Elipsa/Clara 2E/Libra 2, mooInk Plus 2, Pubook Pro 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Kobo have tweeted that the battery life is "improved". Obviously no numbers and we will need to wait for a teardown, or the FCC to publish photos of the internals, to know if the battery size is increased.

The CPU's different, and may also be more efficient.

FWIW on the ppi front, I upgraded from an Aura @ 217ppi to an Aura One @ 300ppi, and the difference was noticeable. However I might hold an ereader closer to my eyes than I'd hold a tablet, so possibly the 227ppi on the Elipsa 2E is not relevant. Possibly.

battery: 2,400 mAh
src: Official Fact Sheet
https://rak.box.com/s/jfkr3uks0gb0t4k8k0lp4z9l00euo0r9

CPU: MediaTeK - dual 2.0 GHz (info from Netronix Inc.)

for faster page turns and faster pan and zoom for images, comics and PDFs (Kobo announcement)

Yes, It's more efficient.

Much better than Allwinner B300 1.8 GHZ quad core processor (Sage/Elipsa 1).

Last edited by UCCU666; 04-09-2023 at 03:39 PM.
UCCU666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 02:45 AM   #45
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
The review on Youtube above does not do a very good job comparing the Elipsa and the Scribe. I have both and have compared them for weeks. I find myself using the Elipsa and avoiding the Scribe, which may seem a bit strange given the fact that the Scribe has better resolution and a better screen. I find it significantly easier to read on the Elipsa, though I'm not sure exactly why. Some negatives about the Scribe: it is too dim in dark mode, it's a bit heavier, it's harder to hold (the back is metal) and its software is inferior. But even in normal (not dark) mode, I find the text on the screen of the Elipsa is easier to read. All in all, the Elipsa has a nicer feel to it. I am looking forward to upgrading, at which time I'll sell the Scribe and the older Elipsa. One important thing not mentioned much is that Elipsa can be dimmed or brightened by sliding your finger over the left side of the screen. On the Scribe, you have to go open a window and change the brightness with a slider, a procedure that gets tiresome.
Interesting!

Is the contrast better on the Elipsa? Could you take a photo of them next to each other (in normal mode)?
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote