Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Probably about the same amount per book as before...they just won't sell quite as many.
That's not fair. If Apple can't dominate a market, then they should be provided with an equal playing field where they dictate the terms.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Careful! You'll get branded an Apple hater!
Too late; I already am.
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #33
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds their site a nightmare to search on. When I type in an authors name I should then be able to drill the results down to only show ebooks instead of dozens of audiobooks I don't want. Sometimes I think web designers never spend any time using their own site.
Ain't that the truth?! In the last 6 months, I've had 3 "new-and/or-improved" tools rolled out at work...and none of them work for shite! And I'm fairly comfortable with technology. People around me who are still getting used to using a computer are completely lost.

(And yes, I think BoB's website sucks).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #34
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
No, it's really, really not! What I did was go to the Harper Collins website and look at their list of "featured authors" to get some idea of which books might be discounted.

Here are their featured authors: http://www.harpercollins.com/Author/Authors.aspx

And here's the whole list of authors:
http://www.harpercollins.com/Author/Browse.aspx
The notable books section of the HarperCollins wiki page might be another place to check. I've seen quite a few of those mentioned in the discount thread on Amazon.

Not that it's any use to me up here in Canada. *sulks*
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #35
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Too late; I already am.
What? The iPod Touch tweaked your tail?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #36
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Awesome! I've had Kelley Armstrong"s The Calling on my wish list for a while. It was $8.35 on Books on Board, but I did a little searching and found it on Google Books (epub) for $8.02.

If Penguin would follow suit, I could clear out my wish list.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #37
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
This is getting interesting. Prices for HarperCollins ebooks on iTunes are lower than at other booksellers. Wouldn't it be ironic if Apple becomes a catalyst for lower prices?

A Father First

Amazon: $10.94
B&N: $10.94
Books on Board: $11.39
Apple: $9.99

The Prisoner of Heaven

Amazon: $9.99
B&N: $13.99
Books on Board: $10.63
Apple: $7.99
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #38
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
This is getting interesting. Prices for HarperCollins ebooks on iTunes are lower than at other booksellers. Wouldn't it be ironic if Apple becomes a catalyst for lower prices?

A Father First

Amazon: $10.94
B&N: $10.94
Books on Board: $11.39
Apple: $9.99

The Prisoner of Heaven

Amazon: $9.99
B&N: $13.99
Books on Board: $10.63
Apple: $7.99
Well, Tim Cook isn't Steve Jobs.
And Apple *can* afford to discount the ebooks they sell:
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...=Google+Reader

They probably don't want iPxxx customers getting used to buying from BoB.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #39
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I think it is great. I won't buy books from Apple since they cannotbe liberated but it is nice to see the competition.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #40
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I just tried using a discount code on a HarperCollins book at Kobo and received the "publisher restrictions" message telling me that codes couldn't be used. I'm sure that when Kobo renegotiates their contracts with HC the prices of their books will drop and we'll be able to start using discount codes for HC books.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
What? The iPod Touch tweaked your tail?
A $145 iPod touch 4 in a speaker dock makes a great internet radio and audiobook player.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
A $145 iPod touch 4 in a speaker dock makes a great internet radio and audiobook player.
Sounds like it.
So why the "apple hate" monkey?
Ornery contrarian-ness?
(Asked the contrarian...)
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #43
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
The new Justin Halpern book, I Suck at Girls, is down to $8.02 for the a/v enhanced version at Amazon. Was $12.99 previously.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds their site a nightmare to search on. When I type in an authors name I should then be able to drill the results down to only show ebooks instead of dozens of audiobooks I don't want. Sometimes I think web designers never spend any time using their own site.
Type in what you want to search for and put ebook at the end of the search and it will only show eBooks. Simple really.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #45
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Good tip, Jon.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote