Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 04:36 AM   #31
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@huser - The next update, currently in review, fixes the opening/chapter switching delay on iOS 8. You should have the update next week, Apple gods permitting.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #32
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@chookie2, @Apocalypto - @Philantrop (who takes care of the plugin) is aware of the issue and, I understand, is looking into it.
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #33
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
I have also encountered issues with Marvin in iOS 8. Formatting takes a very long time. for example, when I try to adjust line spacing, the app appears to freeze for about 8 seconds before it finally adjusts. Major bummer.

Just an FYI, the update to Marvin today appears to have fixed this issue and others I had encountered since upgrading to iOS 8. Glad to have my favorite ereader on my iPad back!
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #34
kguil
Addict

@kyrilson: You're very welcome!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #35
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@kyrilson: You're very welcome!
Thanks for the hard work kguil!
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #36
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I've also been having keyboard not showing up issues with Marvin (both in searching & notes). A reboot seems to make it start working again.

iPad Air 2 in Landscape mode
IOS 8.1
Not Jailbroken

I have not noticed this issue in any other apps.

Edit; rebooting is not helping. In portrait mode, I get the right two thirds of the keyboard. In landscape mode there is maybe the very top of the keyboard but not enough showes to tell what it is.

Last edited by slayda; 11-14-2014 at 10:30 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #37
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I've also been having keyboard not showing up issues with Marvin (both in searching & notes). A reboot seems to make it start working again.

iPad Air 2 in Landscape mode
IOS 8.1
Not Jailbroken

I have not noticed this issue in any other apps.
I have that problem frequently on my iPhone, in many apps. Usually just killing the app (double tap home for task switching view, swipe it off the screen) and restarting it fixes the problem.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:15 AM   #38
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Apparently it is an IOS 8 bug: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=248669.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote