Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It works the fix in my phone. And I've checked that you can remove "Night mode" from the menu
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #32
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I realized that I already have a Settings section for that menu and that it already has the option to show/remove "Find random book". It is a very short step from there to adding an option to show/remove "Night mode". So I did it.

Removing the option does not change the value of the night mode check box, so setting it then removing it effectively makes night mode permanent.
Perfecto.

Thanks.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #33
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Galaxy Note3 Android 5.0. From a Book Details screen, if I tap the 3-vertical-dots in the top bar I get the 8-item menu (starting 'Choose items to display') and everything displays OK. However if I tap my bottom left standard Android menu button (the left one of the Menu - Home - Back 3-button set) I get a black-on-black 8-item menu. The white horizontal lines show OK but no visible text.
This is now fixed for me.
Quote:
Galaxy TabPro tablet Android 4.4. Main Settings screen has a white background. Text is light-grey and headings very-light-grey.
This one is not. It's odd because the 2 menu options either side of 'Settings' (i.e. 'Choose items to display' and 'Edit file name template') pop up correctly in Night View colours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	151947  

Last edited by jackie_w; 09-27-2016 at 11:12 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #34
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
This one is not. It's odd because the 2 menu options either side of 'Settings' (i.e. 'Choose items to display' and 'Edit file name template') pop up correctly in Night View colours.
The oddity you describe implies that you are getting there from book details. Does the same thing happen when going to settings from the book list?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #35
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The oddity you describe implies that you are getting there from book details. Does the same thing happen when going to settings from the book list?
Yes it does. Just to clarify, this problem only exists on the tablet with Android 4.4.2. It's fine on the Note3 phone with Android 5.0.
Advert
Old 09-27-2016, 12:01 PM   #36
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes it does. Just to clarify, this problem only exists on the tablet with Android 4.4.2. It's fine on the Note3 phone with Android 5.0.
I just emailed you an APK that might (mostly) fix it. If so, good. If not then I give up.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:11 PM   #37
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it intentional that the "receiving metadata from Calibre" process doesn't throw up a progress notification?
Old 09-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Is it intentional that the "receiving metadata from Calibre" process doesn't throw up a progress notification?
What "receiving metadata" process? I see this when using the wireless device connection:

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	152001

Of course, I am running beta 3 that has a few changes in it to help with the problems reported by jackie_w.

Last edited by chaley; 09-28-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #39
kaufman

Looks great.

I meant that there isn't a progress notification in the notification tray so that you can leave the app and know when to come back.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:38 AM   #40
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Looks great.

I meant that there isn't a progress notification in the notification tray so that you can leave the app and know when to come back.
Ahhh.. It is intentional in that CC does not create a tray notification for any of the wireless device operations. TBH I don't see the general use. One must look at the notification or look directly at the app.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:41 AM   #41
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V5.2.1.4 (Beta):
  • New Google tools used to build CC
  • Fix date comparison problem when checking metadata in the Cloud Connection when using the "Save Composite Custom Columns" calibre plugin.
  • Improve display of Settings screen in night view on some Samsung devices
  • Updated languages: Portuguese (Brazilian)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:06 PM   #42
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
In the latest beta, thumbnails have black backgrounds that show even when books are not there.

Sent from Oneplus One
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:39 AM   #43
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
In the latest beta, thumbnails have black backgrounds that show even when books are not there.
Thanks. I will release the fix today or tomorrow.

You would see more problems if you weren't using "portrait box, stretch to fit".
Old 09-30-2016, 07:21 AM   #44
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

@chaley, Also regarding Cover grid:

Settings - Covers and Thumbnails - Cover view: shelf material - One solid color

The 'UPDATE FROM RGB' button on the Note3 (Android 5.0) is light-grey-on-white (2nd image). I also include the same screen (1st image) from the TabPro (Android 4.4.2) for comparison purposes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	note3_v5-0.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	152037   Click image for larger version

Name:	tabpro_v4-4-2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	152038  
Old 09-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #45
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@chaley, Also regarding Cover grid:

Settings - Covers and Thumbnails - Cover view: shelf material - One solid color

The 'UPDATE FROM RGB' button on the Note3 (Android 5.0) is light-grey-on-white (2nd image). I also include the same screen (1st image) from the TabPro (Android 4.4.2) for comparison purposes.
Thanks. I changed it. The first image is from Android 4.3, the second from 5.1. The third is 5.1 with night mode off.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	152039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	152040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	139