Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #31
StevenP
Edge User

I'm feeling that there are several advertised features that I'll probably never see on the Edge: Flash, typing on the eInk side, etc. I am resigned to that. I just wish I had extra money to buy spare parts for it while I can (extra battery, adapter and a nice skin.)

Old 03-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #32
Snow
Edge User

Hey everyone,

I know I said bmoc is who you should look for to provide official announcements, and you still should, however everyone here is often quite busy. I can say that the Ermine build with Froyo on it is still being developed. I know there have been several internal releases with it on for testing purposes. Please don't ask for a release date, we're way behind on the original goal and when we're ready we make an announcement. Thanks

Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #33
borisb
Edge User

Thanks for the update, Snow Now, was that really that painful?

Old 03-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #34
Snow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Thanks for the update, Snow Now, was that really that painful?
Yes (reaching 10 char limit)

Old 03-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #35
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Yes (reaching 10 char limit)
Thanks for the update. It lets us know you're still alive.

Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #36
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
Thanks for the update. It lets us know you're still alive.
Ditto. Thank you Snow. (Btw, you are invited on a weekly basis)

Last edited by sjarrel; 03-09-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #37
gecko
Edge User

Thanks, Snow; that was enough update to be reassuring. "We're way behind" is JUST FINE. Provided, of course, you are indeed alive, and not a Snowbot.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #38
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
Thanks, Snow; that was enough update to be reassuring. "We're way behind" is JUST FINE. Provided, of course, you are indeed alive, and not a Snowbot.
Snowbots don't say, "please."

Thanks, Snow.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #39
thenzero
Edge User

Wow, great to get an update, thank you very much Snow. Would it be possible to come by the forum once every couple of weeks and drop us a line that everything is still kicking over there? I know it seems silly, but I think it would really go a long way toward helping us all feel a little less anxious about Entourage disappearing and leaving us in the lurch. The hard work that you guys are doing is much appreciated!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #40
Filark
Edge User

Hi Snow! Thanks so much for chiming in!

Old 03-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #41
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefor View Post
I wonder why Entourage is so tight-lipped about everything. It is this lack of information that I find most disturbing, and in my opinion, does not bode well for the future. Even with Apple, well-known for being tight-lipped, people seem to find out (although not from company sources) what is coming down the line. Is the reason that we have no information from Entourage about what's coming down the line.... is it the fact that NOTHING is coming down the line?
Osborne Syndrome: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away Osborne Computers pre-announced a new model which resulted in killing sales of the old model. The new model was delayed, so with no sales the company became a financial lawn dart.

People find out about stuff in Apple, because it is a much bigger company with many more employees and so there are more opportunities for information to leak out.

Since Apple is a much bigger company (that also happens to have a large fan following that will buy anything with the Apple logo), it can afford a little information leakage without experiencing the Osborne Syndrome.

If Entourage announced new hardware that replaces the current models and they don't have their timing and inventory control right they could screw themselves with a new announcement.

Last edited by kenjennings; 03-10-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #42
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
Snowbots don't say, "please."

I'd think that any half-way competent snowbot would be at least as polite as a Japanese toilet.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #43
jsfiller
Edge User

Thank you, Snow. It is nice to hear some news.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #44
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
I'd think that any half-way competent snowbot would be at least as polite as a Japanese toilet.
So true! My steam shower unit welcomed me every time it was powered on and said goodbye when power was switched off. Though, it never did say please.

It occurs to me how much time *I* spend in these forums, getting sucked in and reading every post. I'm willing to consider the possibility that edge staff members are afraid to venture in here, too.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #45
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
It occurs to me how much time *I* spend in these forums, getting sucked in and reading every post. I'm willing to consider the possibility that edge staff members are afraid to venture in here, too.
I recall a post from early last year indicating that staff were specifically instructed to limit their time exactly because of that (and possibly to prevent them from being depressed by negative posts, or egged on into saying something they shouldn't in response to a question or incorrect statement). In theory they only need one official poster to monitor and comment on the forums anyway.