Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #31
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
We have a child drop off zone at the front of Ryleigh's school where I drop her off everyday. I would love to park and walk her in to school, but they won't let me past the front lobby because they don't want parents bothering the teachers first thing in the morning. It is a good policy since the teacher's focus should be on greeting the students. Every child in our county has the opportunity to ride a bus to school. I don't like buses for multiple reasons and choose to drive her. If our school were closer, I would love to walk with her but the days of neighborhood schools are over (even elementary schools), I'm sorry to say. Anyway, morning drop off goes very smoothly. I like the fact that we are allowed to drop the children off at the front door. There have been way too many stories of children being snatched on their way to school.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #32
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
There's an elementary scholl here in La Crosse that is bordered on two sides by very busy highways, one side by the bluffs and the fourth side bye a ravine that drains to the Mississippi. I think we should make the kids walk to school there.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #33
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Wonder how the wipers work on a windshield of that shape.
Simple: Tie cords to both ends of an old towel. Run the cords inside of the car. Then, pull the cords in alternating directions, thereby moving the towel from side-to-side. In a sense, this is similar to keelhaulilng a towel across the windshield, but with fewer barnacle and more accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
OK, I get it. But I still prefer Slite's mounted trebuchet idea!
Me too! In colors to match the upholstery and built-in drink holders.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
There's an elementary scholl here in La Crosse that is bordered on two sides by very busy highways, one side by the bluffs and the fourth side bye a ravine that drains to the Mississippi. I think we should make the kids walk to school there.
First, let's make some new lines on the road:

Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #35
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
there's no place for me to put the pup or even hook on a side car or trailer! no thanks!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #36
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
there's no place for me to put the pup or even hook on a side car or trailer! no thanks!
Sure there is, just put the pup in harness infront of the thing and you get great milage out of it

I'm more concerned about where you could mount the trebuchet tho...
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #37
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Awww... come on, whats a Saturday afternoon without a bit of alligator groping?

(And another post successfully threadjacked! I LOVE the Lounge)

Unutterably Silly thread were meant to be hijacked....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #38
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Unutterably Silly thread were meant to be hijacked....
True that.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Sure there is, just put the pup in harness infront of the thing and you get great milage out of it

I'm more concerned about where you could mount the trebuchet tho...
Silly persons here...

You should let that person do its work and then tell the kids, always to follow the line...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote