Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #31
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I did these a few days ago. Had to re-do without my phone number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	startup.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	37457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shutdown.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	37458  
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #32
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Sweet! These are all looking great!!! (Too bad they don't look as good ON the PEZ in 8 shades of gray as they look on the PC in 256 shades of gray, but hey, 8's twice as good as 4!! :-)

Here's a QUICKIE that I threw together in reply to Robert's request.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ezreader-startup.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	37459  
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Very, very nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_chan View Post
Ok, after some major help from ekaser, I finally managed to customize my PEZ. Here are my screens, tell me what you think of them.
Dear Usagi:

You did a great job. They look wonderful and will be considered.

Just remember, though, that we cannot use "PEZ". That is copyrighted by the candy company. We have to use "Pocket PRO" even though I kinda like the acronym "PEZ".

You have a very artistic touch!! I get this feeling that you are beautiful inside and out!! You should be a graphic artist!!

Last edited by Robertb; 10-14-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #34
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Incredible concept!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
Sweet! These are all looking great!!! (Too bad they don't look as good ON the PEZ in 8 shades of gray as they look on the PC in 256 shades of gray, but hey, 8's twice as good as 4!! :-)

Here's a QUICKIE that I threw together in reply to Robert's request.
Dear ekaser:

Definitely considered. Really gets the point across!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #35
Robertb

I'm in love!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I did these a few days ago. Had to re-do without my phone number.
Dear Phogg:

Whahh!! I do not think many will fall asleep after seeing that closing screen!! You do know how to catch attention!!
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #36
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Usagi:

Just remember, though, that we cannot use "PEZ". That is copyrighted by the candy company. We have to use "Pocket PRO" even though I kinda like the acronym "PEZ".

You have a very artistic touch!! I get this feeling that you are beautiful inside and out!! You should be a graphic artist!!
Thank you very much for your compliments, but the pictures are not my work. I found them on the internet, on some sites with anime wallpapers. Too bad you can't use PEZ, I like it. How about PPEZ?
Ekaser, very suggestive picture, it definitely shows one big advantage of the Pocket Pro.
Phogg, very nice screens. I like them a lot, they are very appropriate for a fantasy fan. Here are some new screens I did last night.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	startup geisha.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	37467   Click image for larger version

Name:	shutdown geisha.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	37468  
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:55 AM   #37
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Not exactly the most creative person on earth =X

oh yeah the pics are fanarts that I found online.

oh no.. now i have the urge to turn on and off the pocket pro just to look at how the pics turn out =.=
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	startup.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	37470   Click image for larger version

Name:	End.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	37471  

Last edited by UchihaNaru; 10-15-2009 at 04:00 AM.
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #38
usagi_chan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNaru View Post
Not exactly the most creative person on earth =X

oh yeah the pics are fanarts that I found online.

oh no.. now i have the urge to turn on and off the pocket pro just to look at how the pics turn out =.=
They look wonderfull, UchihaNaru. And they fit with the Halloween period. I find myself having the same thought, I like the pics so much, now I don't use the key lock up feature, I just turn it on and off
Old 10-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #39
Belgrave
Belgrave began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
I like the pics so much, now I don't use the key lock up feature, I just turn it on and off
They should make it so you can have a custom image for the locked screen too.
Belgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #40
usagi_chan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrave View Post
Oh, that would be great! I was thinking the same thing and wanted to post it, but you got me
Maybe Ekaser can work his magic again and update his logo maker so it will produce a personalized lock up screen as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #41
Belgrave
Belgrave began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Oh, that would be great! I was thinking the same thing and wanted to post it, but you got me
Maybe Ekaser can work his magic again and update his logo maker so it will produce a personalized lock up screen as well.
I think it would actually require a change in the firmware.
Belgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #42
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrave View Post
I added that to the EZ-Reader fixes and enhancements list thread several days ago. Whether any (or which) of the requests will get anything done about them by Jinke, only The Shadow knows...

But I DO hope they implement this one! It would be FAR more useful than being able to change the startup/shutdown screens!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #43
ekaser
Opinion Artiste

Quote:
Unfortunately, that will require changes by the Jinke engineers, to make the internal Linux operating system support that feature.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #44
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Usagi:

Well, just stutter a bit with PPEZ.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #45
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Actually , "Pez" might be copyrighted, but PEZ isnt' Not as an acronym. I highly doubt that you can copyright an acronym.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote