Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #31
NiccciN
NiccciN began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My Kindle (wifi) arrived today. Won't let me register my amazon account though...
NiccciN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Okay, I just rang Kindle CS in the UK for an update. I was told all orders received by 1st Aug still hope to ship by tomorrow end of day, or possibly Sat, they are a bit behind and working as fast as they can.

My 3G order WILL still ship by 4th Sept, the 17th Sept rumour is not correct (read this on another thread, something about no 3G models in UK till then)and the CS agent next to him was dealing with a customer whose 3G model was being packed, so they do have some and cannot see any reason why they won't ship as stated......

As for paying for expedited......yes they are upgrading all orders to free expedited as they are behind. If you paid for it they should refund at time of despatch, if they don't just call and they will refund those charges

Not sure what is true and what is CS trying to keep me happy, I was calm, chatty and had a laugh with him, so I see no reason why he would lie, I wasn't putting him under any pressure and even said I understood there may be delays........who knows what is the truth, we seem to be told different things.

Anyway, I am okay waiting a bit longer, as long as I get mine and get my expedited fee refunded for both.

Just trying to let you all know what I have been told
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #33
Yidaki66
1st timer
Yidaki66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Looks like It,ll be after the Bank Holiday now!!!
Yidaki66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #34
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Yeah it's getting pretty insane on the Amazon boards. I'm just as keen on getting my
Kindle as anyone else but I'm not getting annoyed that people who may have ordered after me are getting theirs quicker. It depends on how they've been dispatched and in the UK at least it seems to have been the wifi model first.
No kidding. I just looked over there and a couple of people are starting to lose it.

I'm getting these visions that people expect something like this:

No sorry Paul over in the UK. You can't have your white WiFi yet even though we have a couple thousand sitting in the UK distribution center because Mary in Flagstaff ordered 4.345 seconds before you and we haven't gotten hers boxed up yet.

Customer Service does seem to be woefully uninformed as there are still reports of CS people telling customers that no Kindles will ship until Friday. But still, we are still one day prior to release day. Give them a chance.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #35
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidaki66 View Post
Looks like It,ll be after the Bank Holiday now!!!
Expedited delivery includes Saturday delivery; it seems to be a First Class+ arrangement with people other than just Royal Mail. So I'd guess that anything leaving them by late Friday has a very good chance or arrival on Saturday. And as has been remarked by myself and HarryT, even if it doesn't leave Amazon until very late this evening, it could still arrive on Friday.

From babyd's conversation, it sounds like they are trying to get everything
out by Friday; admittedly one day later than hoped for, but my impression is that everyone then gets free delivery. So if you'd ordered with Super Saver Delivery you may well get it faster than you would otherwise.

Whilst Amazon's communication could have been a little better (a message on the order page and in the email about what is happening), I think what they are doing is very reasonable -- free delivery to compensate for a delay that many companies would say wasn't really a delay.

(I wonder if the shipment arrived a day or two late and threw their plans completely out. After all, much as it grieves me to say it, they couldn't stop their normal Amazon service just to get the Kindles out....)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I too have just spoken with Amazon CS (what? me - impatient?) and been told essentially the same thing as babyd: they hope to ship by tomorrow, but no guarantees.

Ah well, c'est la vie.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #37
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
Hmm - someone referred to a '17th September rumour' but I ordered mine at the start of this week, and the 'awaiting stock' message did say 'after 17th September'.

Edit: "Orders placed today are expected to dispatch on or before September 17." Okay - misread that as typing it in ;') So I may get mine sooner, but otherwise waiting patiently *grins* I'm going to be a happy defector from my Sony eReader. Will be waving goodbye to it on eBay
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #38
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Well today's the official shipping date and my order is still untouched, I don't really have high hopes of it shipping today, they haven't even requested the money of my cc yet. Trying not to get despondent but it's not easy.

I noticed that they have taken the date of the buying page now, it just says mid Sept, I suppose that gives them some leeway for shipping

Last edited by Josieb1; 08-27-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:54 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update from Amazon:

Quote:
I have been tracking your Kindle order and it has not yet entered the dispatch process. I have some updated information as to the estimate of delivery for your Kindle.

As you have placed your order before 4 a.m. on the 2nd of August, your Kindle is expected to dispatch in the next 2-3 days. We will send you an e-mail confirmation as soon as your order has dispatched with an estimated delivery date.

We will dispatch your Kindle to you as quickly as possible and will keep you informed by e-mail as we get more precise delivery dates.

We hope you enjoy your Kindle.
A tad irksome.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #40
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Update from Amazon:

A tad irksome.

yep, looks like next week for delivery now, despite being in the first wave of orders with my wifi one
Goodness knows when I'll get the 3G one, that was estimated as 4th Sept, wonder if that will be on time or a week late too?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #41
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
It would be nice to know why there is a delay - is it due to Amazon dispatch problems or supply issues as there are rumours of these? I would feel more understanding if Amazon would state what the actual problem is.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:57 AM   #42
babyd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
It would be nice to know why there is a delay - is it due to Amazon dispatch problems or supply issues as there are rumours of these? I would feel more understanding if Amazon would state what the actual problem is.
not sure. I personally think as its the first kindle launch the UK has had to deal with, they simply cannot keep up with the shipping schedule, it seemed to be that way when I spoke to them. The US has dealt with it before and seems to have a better system in place, they seem to be putting orders from 2nd Aug in shipping now, where the UK is struggling to despatch 29th orders still.....they are all there I think, just getting behind.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:06 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My order was placed on the 29th, so I'm hoping that it ships today, so I'll have it tomorrow. It would be nice to have it for the BH weekend.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 AM   #44
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
not sure. I personally think as its the first kindle launch the UK has had to deal with, they simply cannot keep up with the shipping schedule, it seemed to be that way when I spoke to them. The US has dealt with it before and seems to have a better system in place, they seem to be putting orders from 2nd Aug in shipping now, where the UK is struggling to despatch 29th orders still.....they are all there I think, just getting behind.
That's true. Yes they're probably not used to dealing with such volumes of items on top of their regular orders. I will resign myself to the idea of it arriving later next week so if it (by a miracle) arrives tommorow, I will be very pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, I will organize my ebook collection ...
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #45
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My order was placed on the 29th, so I'm hoping that it ships today, so I'll have it tomorrow. It would be nice to have it for the BH weekend.

I can drool over the case - and at least I have my K2i.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote