Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
<<If you check out the Whispersync ebook from the library, Amazon thinks you own it and will let you buy the audiobook at the reduced price. >>

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try that!
I'm surprised they allow this; but since they do, may as well take advantage of it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #32
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There's another Buy 4 Get $10 sale going on at Audible. It's open to all members, including those who don't have credits (that's me). Discussion in the audiobook deals thread starts here.

The key thing to remember about this offer is that qualifying purchases must have a regular price of $14.95 or more. That means that free, reduced price, and sale titles qualify if they normally sell at $14.95 or more.

I have one purchase under my belt because I got the free Whispersync title of the month - Little Women. I plan to get the other three by purchasing $0.99 Whispersync classics. There are four other free Whispersync titles that qualify, but I already have them.

I plan on getting my next four next week on payday. I will have to check out the free whispersync titles, I think I got all the ones I wanted but it is good to check to see if there are any new ones.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #33
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm surprised they allow this; but since they do, may as well take advantage of it.
I plan on taking advantage of it until they realize their snafu and stop it. I've gotten LOTS of audibles at reduced prices due to this.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #34
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
There's another Buy 4 Get $10 sale going on at Audible. It's open to all members, including those who don't have credits (that's me). Discussion in the audiobook deals thread starts here.

The key thing to remember about this offer is that qualifying purchases must have a regular price of $14.95 or more. That means that free, reduced price, and sale titles qualify if they normally sell at $14.95 or more.

I have one purchase under my belt because I got the free Whispersync title of the month - Little Women. I plan to get the other three by purchasing $0.99 Whispersync classics. There are four other free Whispersync titles that qualify, but I already have them.
I had been trying since I read this the other day to use the Matchmaker feature at Amazon to figure out
a) the cheapest books that
b) are regularly over $14.95

FINALLY it loaded more than just the first page!

(I need an icon here wearing headphones)
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I plan on getting my next four next week on payday. I will have to check out the free whispersync titles, I think I got all the ones I wanted but it is good to check to see if there are any new ones.
The 4 free titles haven't changed in ages.

Quote:
I plan on taking advantage of it until they realize their snafu and stop it. I've gotten LOTS of audibles at reduced prices due to this.
Since this has been going on for awhile, I don't see them changing it anytime soon.
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I had been trying since I read this the other day to use the Matchmaker feature at Amazon to figure out
a) the cheapest books that
b) are regularly over $14.95

FINALLY it loaded more than just the first page!
Glad it worked. Personally, I have no use for Matchmaker.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #37
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Glad it worked. Personally, I have no use for Matchmaker.

LOL, same here, since I very rarely purchased physical books from Amazon and have no desire to do so now that I've fully integrated all my reading to my kindle.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #38
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
The 4 free titles haven't changed in ages.

Since this has been going on for awhile, I don't see them changing it anytime soon.
thanks for that tip, I rarely look at the free titles cause I mostly buy titles that are not free, I think the lowest price I've paid is $1.99 up to $12.99.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #39
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
LOL, same here, since I very rarely purchased physical books from Amazon
Matchmaker
https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/matchmaker
crawls your Kindle purchases to see what titles are available at Audible (and at a reduced price).

Try it, you may like it.

Quote:
fully integrated all my reading to my kindle.
Hubby even refers to the Kindle as a 'book' now (and he doesn't even read on one!).
Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #40
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Matchmaker
https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/matchmaker
crawls your Kindle purchases to see what titles are available at Audible (and at a reduced price).

Try it, you may like it.
I have, only 5 of my books are matches, I purchased 3 so far. But in all the years I have been an Amazon shopper I would say I've only purchased 15-20 books from them and half of them are cookbooks, so I doubt if they will ever be matches. The others are Robert Jordan books, and it wouldn't matter if they ever became matches because I already own the ebooks.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #41
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
If your kindle is on and hooked to wifi, it is actually keyed to Overdrive. I don't know the technical stuff beyond that.

<<https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/matchmaker
crawls your Kindle purchases to see what titles are available at Audible (and at a reduced price).>>

That was so unfair. I ended up buying 5 or 6 more audiobooks.

Last edited by Tarana; 11-10-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #42
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post

<<https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/matchmaker
crawls your Kindle purchases to see what titles are available at Audible (and at a reduced price).>>

That was so unfair. I ended up buying 5 or 6 more audiobooks.
But at least you got a discount!