Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
Gena01
Gena01 began at the beginning.

Device: Ez Reader 5" Pocket Pro
Signed up, started browsing the site and it broke

Try this link: http://www.myezread.com/gbooks.asp?q...ology&start=41

I keep getting:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument

/gbooks.asp, line 120

Gena01
Gena01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Griffonwing is alive... he's ALIVE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
i just signed up!
Dear All:

Please say hello to Griffie and welcome him back. Griffie used to be a regular member back when the Pocket PRO was about to be released and he played a huge part in picking the colors and making the device better!!

He use to be a pirate; but moved to Arkansas and settled down to being A slayer of poor defenseless fish. His parrot moved to Malibu and opened up a chain of "Griffie's Wings" restaurants that made the parrot rich.

Griffie is famous for his chocolate sauce!!! It is about time you rejoined us you old salt!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #33
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will check immediately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena01 View Post
Signed up, started browsing the site and it broke

Try this link: http://www.myezread.com/gbooks.asp?q...ology&start=41

I keep getting:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument

/gbooks.asp, line 120

Gena01
Dear Gena:

The webmaster may have been making changes. Thank you for trying and we will check it all out!!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #34
Robertb

We are adding PayPal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
It doesn't?

Try buying a cheapie book to test it out. Unless you have a credit card with a US billing address you're sol!

If somebody has a solution, I'd love to hear it. Paypal might be the only hope for those of us not living in the good ol' US of A.
Google free eBooks are only USA at present. We are fighting with Google to make this international. It is in the works. We want Global; but Google wants territories.

PayPal is essential. The Evil Program Manager was the butthead that did not insist on PayPal. I did. We are now going to add it. There is NO reasoning NOT to have it. Yes, it does cost us to set it up... but the revenue will be worth it!! A public flogging of the Evil PM will commence at 2:00 p.m. PDT
Old 04-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #35
Robertb

Astak WILL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
You can circumvent geographic limitations any old time by using VPN. If you have to.

But, for ANY transaction that requires PURCHASING with a CREDIT CARD, that's when you're up against the US billing address problem. Certainly it ain't Astak's fault that most books can only be sold within US.

My point is: myreader.com has the same restrictions regarding overseas PURCHASE, as any other ebook store in the States. If anybody knows of any US bookstore that allows purchase from Overseas, please, do enlighten me. Thanks.
Dear All:

SOME of the pay titles are copyrighted and ONLY allowed for the USA. We hate that and are fighting it. Please try another title. I WILL try to get the Intern to mark which ones have geographic restrictions.

The intent of www.MyEZread IS GLOBAL!! We want that. I apologize to all International fans who cannot buy some titles... YET!!

Last edited by Robertb; 04-12-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #36
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Google free eBooks are only USA at present. We are fighting with Google to make this international. It is in the works. We want Global; but Google wants territories.
Google's free ebooks are only guaranteed to be public domain in the US. Some (many?) are still covered by copyright in other countries; that's why they can't release them for free outside the US. Google isn't spending the time & effort to sort out which of them are in the public domain in which countries.

Of course, there's the question of where they're releasing them--like purchase of ebooks, there's no obvious law that says "location of the transaction should be considered to be the physical residence of the downloader, not the storage server."
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #37
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Robert--- I move that the flogging be shared on Youtube 8)
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #38
Robertb

Evil PM has the video camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
Robert--- I move that the flogging be shared on Youtube 8)
Dear cancelx:

I know. Many people have called for the flogging to be on a video. The problem is the PM has to hold the camera while being flogged. This makes the picture shake and we cannot get decent coverage of his back.

We are trying to come up with a better way. Someone suggested breaking his arm and then fastening it to his buttocks but this knocks the camera loose.

This is a serious problem. We want to show his great pain while the whip tears up his flesh. People feel he needs to pay for his sins!!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #39
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Signed up. *crosses fingers and hopes to be picked as the winner*
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
RobertB
MyEZRead has a (lack of) support issue.

At 0900 I sent a message about a book I paid for over the weekend, that generate "Error" when I tried to retrieve it.
It is now 17:00 and no contact.

Not good service./ I waited till Monday to file a request for service for a weekend problem. Flog the PM again.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #41
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Does this poor PM really exist? If so, I am starting to feel sorry for him.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #42
Robertb

Where the hell is tech support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
RobertB
MyEZRead has a (lack of) support issue.

At 0900 I sent a message about a book I paid for over the weekend, that generate "Error" when I tried to retrieve it.
It is now 17:00 and no contact.

Not good service./ I waited till Monday to file a request for service for a weekend problem. Flog the PM again.
Dear Duckie:

Elliott was out sick today. He gets all the tech emails. Walter and I have been trying all day to just answer phone calls.

I spent the entire weekend caring for my 16 year old cat and running him to the vet back and forth. He needs surgery for his teeth; but cannot do the surgery until thyroid problem is taken care of. Worries, worries, worries. Poor Charley!!

You CAN call and get immediate help, sir.

Use 408-452-8788 as you live nearby.

Elliott should be in tomorrow and yes, I am asking now that someone monitor support emails when he is out!!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #43
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I agree! I was thinking I'd hate to be that PM...
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #44
Robertb

PM really exists!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Yes, the PM really does exist. He has a good sense of where he wants to get us... but often roadblocks and stalls. He really means only the best. More and more he is gaining control and some day will really help this company... but HAS to be get that sense of urgency and REALIZE that this forum is essential and requires my time and devotion.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #45
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Duckie:

Elliott was out sick today. He gets all the tech emails. Walter and I have been trying all day to just answer phone calls.

I spent the entire weekend caring for my 16 year old cat and running him to the vet back and forth. He needs surgery for his teeth; but cannot do the surgery until thyroid problem is taken care of. Worries, worries, worries. Poor Charley!!

You CAN call and get immediate help, sir.

Use 408-452-8788 as you live nearby.

Elliott should be in tomorrow and yes, I am asking now that someone monitor support emails when he is out!!
Poor Elliot get to handle the Book store support also?

This is a Software/Catalog issue with the book store, not a PEz problem.

I can wait till Tuesday.
Part of my point is that my (and others) request should be acknowledged promptly, even if only by a Auto-responder (canned message).

Go take care of you Feline friend. We lost our 17 Year old Moose-cat last year. They are Family.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote