Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #31
sherbet
Banned
sherbet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox note
Hopefully this is on topic, but does anyone know what sort of processor/chipset is used in this device? Also is the bootloader unlocked?

I really would like to flash an un-adultered version of android (something like Lineage OS), and am gathering information about how hard it would be to port to this platform.
sherbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:47 AM   #32
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
knote in 2.0 system will support realtime text search.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181027_154245.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	167230  
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2018, 06:50 AM   #33
zsdiogo
zsdiogo doesn't litterzsdiogo doesn't litter

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
knote in 2.0 system will support realtime text search.
Wait what do you mean by 2.0 system, is there a major software upgrade planned for release soon?
zsdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #34
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdiogo View Post
Wait what do you mean by 2.0 system, is there a major software upgrade planned for release soon?
Yes. Major upgrade with some new features such as new user interface, dual pages view mode, built-in app management (icebox) etc.

Firstly available on Max2 pro which will be sold on Nov 11th in China. In my opinion, if it supports Max2 pro, common Max2 is out of question.

However Onyx delays often, so not very soon.

Last edited by cqman; 11-02-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #35
catbook
catbook began at the beginning.

Device: none
Edit.

Last edited by catbook; 11-07-2018 at 08:34 PM.
catbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 06:15 AM   #36
cqman
Groupie

Max2 system 2.0 is available now, you know the trick.

You should be very careful with this update (not the final release, no official news) .

I updated the system and found that some books not in the books folder showed up in the book library. So I recreated the index, after that, I found that I lost all my books' reading status record. All is on page one. I checked my notes, still here. What a "release".

Last edited by cqman; 11-14-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #37
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:

You should be very careful with this update (not the final release, no official news) .

I updated the system and found that some books not in the books folder showed up in the book library. So I recreated the index, after that, I found that I lost all my books' reading status record. All is on page one. I checked my notes, still here. What a "release".
until there is an international version, im out, so, could you tell me if

- margins can be cropped in 2 page mode
- columns for epubs in vertical (2 page mode on vertical mode)
- 2 page mode for epubs in landscape?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #38
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:

At least in this release they solved the heavy battery drain I experienced in the last v1.9

Last edited by citytrader; 11-15-2018 at 02:57 PM.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:14 AM   #39
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
- margins can be cropped in 2 page mode
- columns for epubs in vertical (2 page mode on vertical mode)
- 2 page mode for epubs in landscape?
I don't have epub files in my Max2, but I know epub and mobi are supported.

No, No, Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by citytrader View Post
At least in this release they solved the heavy battery drain I experienced in the last v1.9
Glad to hear that. Certain apps were draining your battery, the new app management can automatically froze inactive apps.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #40
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
Glad to hear that. Certain apps were draining your battery, the new app management can automatically froze inactive apps.
I believe was a firmware the problem, because I upgraded it and I didn't change anything, if it were the apps the problem should be still present after the upgrade, besides that there is a standby draining still present, probably is the display that needs too much energy in standby and for that Onyx never fixed it in the Note.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #41
cqman
Groupie

Quote:

Bug fix release today

Quote:
Neo Reader 2.0:

Fix an issue where individual PDFs cannot be opened;
Fix the problem that the PDF cannot be opened normally after the selection;
Fix mobi comics full screen issue;
Fixed an issue where multiple pages of PNG could not be closed directly after opening;
Fix the problem that the regular reset does not take effect after the repeat switch is set;

notes:

Note search to increase the title search;

system:

Clean up the cover and books of the book city;
Adjusting and rebuilding the library does not clean up the reading data;
Fix the problem that system level A2 will be automatically closed after it is opened;
Fix small pages that appear at the bottom of multitasking cleanup;
Fix the problem that the third-party input method automatically returns the Android input method;
After the repair storage is changed to the list mode, the problem of changing back to the cover mode is restarted;
Fixed an issue where the sub-book shelves list was incomplete when moving books to sub-books (Max2 series);
Fix the problem of slow loading of wifi list;
Old 11-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #42
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Bug fix release today
Hello,

And about the book's abstract in the library that can't be view ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote