View Poll Results: loose tea or not loose tea that is the question
loose tea 30 60.00%
tea bags 14 28.00%
I just want to join in on the poll but dont like tea 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2009, 04:18 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the tea plantations of the Yorkshire Dales are famous!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:07 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, the tea plantations of the Yorkshire Dales are famous!

Of course .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #33
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Don't know what to vote :
I prefer loose tea, but I'm too lazy to always choose this, so I often take teabag !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #34
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
It really depends on the tea. Jasmine (Chinese tea) is much better as a loose tea. So is green tea. But for just a cup on the go, cup of Joe--bag it!!!!

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 PM   #35
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I'm not sure how to vote either. I use Red Rose tea bags most of the time, but I do like loose tea when time permits. I usually make it with a spoon-type infuser or, for Chinese tea, a Yixing pot.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #36
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

green tea is even better if powdered ...
Old 09-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #37
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
people who keep their little finger out always seem to like loose tea, loose tea, like other loose things, morals, ethics, waistlines, are fine, i like tea bags, less mess, better filtering, nothing to pick out from my teeth, same flavor, no measuring, no special equipment, are you concerned with the tea and its flavor or the process and ceremony?
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #38
GeoffC

one tries not to put ones little finger anywhere one should not ....
Old 09-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #39
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Tehehe

I wouldn't know how to put the little finger out considering I tend to drink large 0.5L cups of tea at a time not really a finger afair but more a two palms afair

And no it's not the ceremony. But I rather drink the stuff from the top of the pile than the stuff that was at the bottom and just sweept up into tea bags.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:15 AM   #40
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It's all good just so long as you drink from the 'front side' of the cup!
(VERY important!)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:15 AM   #41
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post

Well, there's Lipton tea and then there's everything else. Call me a snob ("You're a snob!") but I like Lipton tea the best. It makes great iced tea. I never bother with hot tea except as a way to make good iced tea. Sometimes I make sun tea; but, mostly I just make it with hot water and then chill it and serve over ice. Wonderful stuff.
Definitely Lipton tea bags. Boil up a pan of water toss in four tea bags and a few minutes later you have a whole pitcher of tea ready to be iced down and enjoyed.

Like ruskie I've never extended a pinky finger while drinking a quart glass but I guess it could be done if you were willing to give up some control of the glass.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #42
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
hmm...I like my tea like I like my women...

Actually nix that...
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #43
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I stick my little finger out sometimes when drinking tea - it depends on the size and shape of the cup and also, more importantly, the size and shape of the handle. Too small a handle, and the finger goes out automatically, irregardless of what's actually in the cup...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #44
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
The availability of Good high quality in Teabags has pretty much removed loos tea from my cupboard (except for a pack of strong loose tea to use for proper indian Masala Chai)

The ease of use and of clean up, means that I can leave my effort for cleaning my coffee equipment

For those in the Uk, I have to say Ilove Wittards selection, as while they are a little expensive, they are usually easy to find on a high street in most towns and jave a wide selection of bot loose and Tea bags as well as about 15 types of coffee beans.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #45
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Do most of you make just one cup at a time or are you teapot people? I want to get a teapot with an infuser, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best one.
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote