Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #31
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ok, cultural... I don't feel quite so dense now!
I had no idea what they refered to either... but wikipedia is a dear, dear friend of mine
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #32
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Jonathan or Stephen? or am I completely missing some cultural reference here?

OK! maybe a bit obscure for some - see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ks2TPPyho
or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_King

Nina Simone did a cover version.

Moejoe being into music should have got it (unless not a Brit)

But! did anybody really go there?
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #33
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
OK! maybe a bit obscure for some - see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ks2TPPyho
or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_King

Nina Simone did a cover version.

Moejoe being into music should have got it (unless not a Brit)

But! did anybody really go there?
Oh yes! There havent been any good conspiracy theory discussions around here in a while! But thats for a new thread me thinks Even though this is the Lounge
Old 11-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #34
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Jonathan King (born Kenneth George King, 6 December 1944, London, England) is a British singer, songwriter, TV personality, impresario, and producer.[1]

He first came to prominence as a Cambridge University undergraduate, when he wrote and sang "Everyone's Gone to the Moon" in 1965, going on to become an executive and media entrepreneur. He recorded many more songs, as well as becoming a writer and producer for various other musical artists. He has stated in interviews that he has made sales of 40 million, but the details of this success are difficult to establish. [2][3]

Jonathan King @ wikipedia
Quote:
I had no idea what they refered to either... but wikipedia is a dear, dear friend of mine
sorry, I tend to treat wikki as a pariah more often than not
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #35
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Oh yes! There havent been any good conspiracy theory discussions around here in a while!

columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #36
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
sorry, I tend to treat wikki as a pariah more often than not
Nah, Wikipedia is ok.. as long as you look upon it with a somewhat critial eye instead of just going "Duuuuhhh... that makes sense"
Old 11-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #37
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
ok, so now I am missing a conspiracy/cultural reference issue as well?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #38
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
OOh, I agree with just about every place Iʻve never been. But topping my list:
Norway
Oz
New Zealand
Thailand
Japan
return to Germany

And....
Chicago for the summer!! I havenʻt seen family in a while and thatʻs my main focus right now. Who wants to bankroll me and a few kids the flights over? They seem to be running around 800-1200 round trip.
Gracie, I would if I could!! I'm with you on going to Chicago in the summer, especially during Taste of Chicago. It's crowded and noisy and usually hotter then HE11 but the food is phenomenal.

My top destinations (thanks to a little help from cassidym ):

England
France (Paris in particular)
Las Vegas (because I am going there in January for the CES and want to be able to check something off my list for once.)
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #39
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
ok, so now I am missing a conspiracy/cultural reference issue as well?
Well, just one of the most popular conspiracy theories in modern times that questions if we really ever DID land on the moon at all, or if Nasa just faked it as in "Capricorn One"
Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #40
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

ahhhh! ok. I feel sorry for folks who hang their hats on such nonsense
Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #41
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Oh yes! There havent been any good conspiracy theory discussions around here in a while! But thats for a new thread me thinks Even though this is the Lounge

What about the rumors that an honest lawyer had been sighted?

I'd believe that a trip to the moon had been made over that.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #42
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

honest lawyer? Hey, it was conspiracy theories, not conspracy impossibilities.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm, i think my list would be probably too long to post here... but here are a few i can think of. this list obviously presupposes that we have finally managed to come up with some form of instantaneous téléportation device, because i don't want to spent several days on end in various airports / planes. also it presupposes i have unlimited financial ressources and time.

- japan
- iceland
- return to italy, specifically florence, but i'd love to travel around the country
- barcelona
- scotland, just to listen to the accent and hopefully hear someone say "yon".
- sweden (slite is there !)
- australia (marc is there !)
- england (a whole bunch of llounge llamas are there !)
- wales (patricia is there !)
- catire-land (cake !!!)
- back to canada as well (my cousins are there, and also several other mr members i'd love to meet !)
- germany (ravenne !!!)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 11-23-2009 at 10:03 AM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #44
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

*sigh* my Dad was one, and the legal profession ate him up and spit him out for his troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, i think my list would be probably too long to post here... but here are a few i can think of. this list obviously presupposes that we have finally managed to come up with some form of instantaneous téléportation device, because i don't want to spent several days on end in various airports / planes. also it presupposes i have unlimited financial ressources and time.

- japan
- iceland
- return to italy, specifically florence, but i'd love to travel around the country
- barcelona
- catire-land (cake !!!)
- back to canada as well (my cousins are there, and also several other mr members i'd love to meet !)
and here we sit, chopped liver
Old 11-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #45
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

- japan
- iceland
- barcelona
- catire-land (cake !!!)
- germany (ravenne !!!)

Still scared of Texas?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote