Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #31
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Does it make tap tap tappy noises when you use it?

(Gingerbread keyboard)

TubeMonkey, nice keyboard.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #32
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Does it make tap tap tappy noises when you use it?

(Gingerbread keyboard)

TubeMonkey, nice keyboard.
No, it just makes tap tap noises. Sorry.

Just joking! I haven't installed it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #33
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Hardy har ha ... you made a funny, Scion!

I just realized that it's already in my latest Rooting. Tried it out, no tappy.

KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #34
gstealer
gstealer is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Nook Color (rooted)
I rooted my Nook using the autoroot this evening and have hit a snag.

Everything was fine until I clicked the Gingerbread keyboard option and now I have no keyboard at all. The keyboard settings go back to the main page.

Does anyone know how to correct this or get the gingerbread one to work? I cannot search or type anything on it.
gstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #35
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstealer View Post
I rooted my Nook using the autoroot this evening and have hit a snag.

Everything was fine until I clicked the Gingerbread keyboard option and now I have no keyboard at all. The keyboard settings go back to the main page.

Does anyone know how to correct this or get the gingerbread one to work? I cannot search or type anything on it.
Can you get to the NOOKcolor Tools app and select a keyboard from there? Do you have more than one choice of keyboard?

Edit: Try rebooting if you haven't.

Last edited by SCION; 01-15-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #36
gstealer
gstealer is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Nook Color (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Can you get to the NOOKcolor Tools app and select a keyboard from there? Do you have more than one choice of keyboard?

Edit: Try rebooting if you haven't.
I tried everything I could think of, except the tools app..
guess what worked.

I've been lurking here for a while and the wife got me the nook color for my b-day when I showed her what it could do with tweaking using all your posts and such.

Thank you very much for the quick help with this panic attack!
gstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #37
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstealer View Post
I tried everything I could think of, except the tools app..
guess what worked.

I've been lurking here for a while and the wife got me the nook color for my b-day when I showed her what it could do with tweaking using all your posts and such.

Thank you very much for the quick help with this panic attack!
I recognized it as a panic attack. Not fun.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #38
Rasenganfan2
Rasenganfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I may be a few days late to the ball-game (hates self for using sports metaphor), but how do I get the Gingerbread keyboard? I went into NCTools, tapped keyboard and then tapped Gingerbread keyboard, but after that, when I go to enter text, no keyboard appears. Would you please help a fellow techie out?
Rasenganfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote