Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #31
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
4.5.5 for my HD6. However I installed Fire OS 5 beta on it for a few weeks before restoring it to 4.5.5, maybe that put it at the end of the queue for 4.5.5.1.

Some day perhaps they'll get better about this. When Apple announces an update it has a date certain to it, and while you may have download issues for the first day or two at least you know it is there, and you can try at any time (or even never).
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My HD6 ain't got no 4.5.5.1 - it still gots 4.5.5
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #33
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
I got a letter and then an apology email {Kindle Fire HDX (previous generation}
And now it's updated to 4.5.5.1 (19th January)

Perhaps an apology apology next ?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #34
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My HD6 went to 4.5.5.1 yesterday morning. Still no letter for me though.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #35
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Fire OS 4.5.5.1 is now available for manual download and installation on the Fire & Kindle Software Updates page. Still no sign of 5.1.1, which was listed on the Source Code Notice page last week.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the time we get the 5.1 update, newer tablets will be using 6.0

Edit -- the above two updates refer to Fire OS; not Android

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-20-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #37
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
6.0 ('Marshmallow') is on slightly less than 1% of Android devices at this point, but will probably be at 10-20% in a few months as people upgrade and get new devices.

Fire OS is probably always going to be about a year behind new Android releases. I wish they would include more devices in their upgrade plans, however (i.e. all of the HDX models, Fire Phone, all of which more than meet hardware requirements).
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:48 PM   #38
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
My HD6 went to 4.5.5.1 yesterday morning. Still no letter for me though.
I have the HD7 (2014). I got the letter but no update yet.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #39
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
I have HD6 on Fire OS 5 BETA and received the letter and waiting for the release version!

I have a HDX 2014 8.9 and received the letter and NO (whimpering) update yet!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #40
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I have the HD7 (2014). I got the letter but no update yet.
And now I have been upgraded to 4.5.5.1, which does not have Night Shade or the new Bellini features.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #41
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I'm in the UK. Hubbys HD6 has been upgraded to Belini.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Yay for me. My HD6 finally upgraded to 4.5.5.1

Meanwhile in an alternate universe near near away, some monkey is getting his HD6 upgraded to 5.1.1
Old 01-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #43
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yay for me. My HD6 finally upgraded to 4.5.5.1

Meanwhile in an alternate universe near near away, some monkey is getting his HD6 upgraded to 5.1.1
It does seem unusual that the UK gets the Bellini upgrade first
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:42 PM   #44
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
If the HD6 had 4.5.5.1, then it is most likely that the 4.5.5.1 is an "OOPS" fix so Bellini can be installed.

From what I'm noticed, the USA is just about always the LAST place that get new updates of the Android OS. Heck, even new tablet models are available in Europe before the US.....
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:53 PM   #45
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
5.1.1 updating my Fire HD 6 right now. I'm in U.S.
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote