Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #31
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
How is the lighting distribution on the Libra? I'm between it and the Oasis which has (because I've seen it), very even lighting. I do like me some buttons and a 7-inch screen. Considering the PocketBook 3 Pro too (7.8 inch), although it's hard for me to justify its price. I've seen and tried a Forma and don't like it.

Last edited by dieterpops; 10-02-2020 at 10:04 AM.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:46 AM   #32
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
How is the lighting distribution on the Libra? I'm between it and the Oasis which has (because I've seen it), very even lighting. I do like me some buttons and a 7-inch screen. Considering the PocketBook 3 Pro too (7.8 inch), although it's hard for me to justify its price. I've seen and tried a Forma and don't like it.
Not as even as on the Oasis, but not bad either. If you're very sensitive to the issue, you should definitely see one in person.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #33
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Thanks...I’ll stick with the Oasis. Should be able to get some type of deal on it during Prime Day.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:21 PM   #34
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I have all 3 devices that the OP is considering. Of those 3, the Forma is now my every day reader. I also have the Kindle Oasis 3, which is a very similar form factor, and I think the Forma is the superior product. It's much lighter and easier to hold than the KO3, IMHO.

For going out and about, and always having to have a book with me, I take my Kindle Voyage. This is my absolute all-time favorite eReader, and I really wish Amazon would would update it to a 7" inch screen, but c'est la vie.

I'm not that crazy about the Clara HD due to the recessed screen. The only ding I have against the Libra is that it only comes in an 8GB configuration; I'd prefer a 32GB version.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:09 PM   #35
Murre
Connoisseur
Murre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for all the answers.

For me the Forma was a bit too expensive so I went ahead and ordered the Libra. Hopefully get it next week.

Again thanks for all the feedback
Murre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2020, 05:42 PM   #36
Padraic73
Padraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Keyboard/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murre View Post
Thanks for all the answers.

For me the Forma was a bit too expensive so I went ahead and ordered the Libra. Hopefully get it next week.

Again thanks for all the feedback
I received my Libra yesterday (coming from a kindle keyboard). Loving it so far!
Padraic73 is offline   Reply With Quote