Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-16-2024, 04:04 AM   #44026
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm preparing the fabric for my next cross stitch project. I've just treated the edges so they won't fray. I'll let it dry for a while and when I get back I can mark the grid and then sew in the fishing line.

My current project has just 3 or 4 sessions left before I finish. I've also got a pillow project, but that's only half stitches with wool, so I don't think that will take long. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the pillow first or have two projects going at once.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 02:50 AM   #44027
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yesterday my sister's apartment came onto the market.

The real estate agent came by around 4.30 pm to put up the window sign and pick up the keys and she told me they've planned viewings on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. At that time they've had 15 visits booked and were aiming for 20. So that's going well.

It's up for sale at €300.000, according to the real estate agent it could go up to €330.000.

On Saturday we're cleaning everything again and on Sunday we're going to take the first things to the storage room. Though it will be less than last week.

I've booked a capsule hotel room/pod for two nights in Rotterdam, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm going to do some (window) shopping, have nice lunches and relax in my capsule pod.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:07 AM   #44028
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Preparing to give a lecture to a large renter's association about their legal rights as tenants.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 06:11 PM   #44029
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My final walk of the night in pitch darkness is now a walk in the heavy dusk ... maybe Phil was right ... days are getting longer
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 07:56 AM   #44030
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
My final walk of the night in pitch darkness is now a walk in the heavy dusk ... maybe Phil was right ... days are getting longer
Still pitch black here after dinner with sunset a scootch before 5 PM. But we've picked up about an hour of daylight. Five weeks until DST!

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 02-03-2024 at 10:23 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 10:24 AM   #44031
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Still pitch black here after dinner with sunset a scootch before 5 PM. But we've picked up about an hour of daylight. Five weeks until DST!
I'm actually looking forward to the return of DST - my internal clock never fully 'reset' back an hour - fortunately when you're retired it doesn't matter what time you eat dinner
Old 02-13-2024, 02:56 AM   #44032
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

After I had to stay at home all day yesterday (power company came to replace cables in the apartment building) and the prospect of rain the rest of the week, I've decided to go to Amsterdam for the day. I've booked a ticket for the Rijksmuseum and after that I'm going to have lunch and do some shopping.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:00 AM   #44033
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Online self-led training. Deep joy.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:06 PM   #44034
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Waiting on hold for Revenue Canada to get back to me. 15 minutes hold time they said and an hour later I'm still waiting.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:58 PM   #44035
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Having a mug of tea and some peanut butter cookies after shoveling the back deck.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:49 PM   #44036
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Enjoying after dinner walks as the days lengthen.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:55 AM   #44037
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Having a mug of tea and some peanut butter cookies after shoveling the back deck.
Oh, that is making me hongry! I just recently made a few batches of those no-bake "peanut butter & cereal" cookies/candies that you do, and OMG, those were so bad and so wrong and yet so good. (Basically PB fudge, with cornflakes for crisp and snap and oats for chew...delish.) Not one damned healthy thing about 'em (well, okay, the oats alone aren't bad), but...oish. Asking for cardiac, eating that stuff. (Karo syrup, sugar, vanilla, corn flakes & oats. I add 1/c nuts of whatever kind, and yum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Enjoying after dinner walks as the days lengthen.

AGGGHHH,,,as the days "lengthen." It would be so much less horrible here for our 180 days of baking if the days weren't longer than listening to the entire cut of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida when you are just NOT in the mood. I start freaking out now, in early February, because... the heat cometh.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:21 AM   #44038
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I just treated myself to a Museum Card. Which is valid for a year and it gives you free access to most museums.

Last week I went to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and really enjoyed it. There are various other museum I would like to visit (again). Since a museum ticket cost between €15 and €25 and the Museum card is €75 for a year you can get your money's worth with 4 or 5 visits. Having the card also makes you go to a museum quicker than when you don't have one.

I should get my card within 5 business days, when I receive my first visit is going to be the Rijksmuseum van Oudeheden (Museum of Antiquities) in Leiden.

I'm now planning a day out in Leiden (visit to the museum, lunch somewhere and some shopping).
Old 02-25-2024, 02:08 PM   #44039
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Trying to figure out how to get a data table from a pdf into Excel - nothing seems to work...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:22 PM   #44040
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Trying to figure out how to get a data table from a pdf into Excel - nothing seems to work...
Stoopid q?

Have you tried exporting that page, or pages, to Word/docx, first, and then copy-pasting the docx table into Excel, OR linking to it across docs, if they will occupy the same server/directory space?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?