Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-08-2023, 04:00 PM   #43981
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
This house was put on sale for €399,000 which seemed low to us. Luckily our realtor had worked with the selling realtor at the same office in the past. He advised to put an offer in between €460,000 and €465,000. My sister put a bid in at €471,000. Today at noon was the deadline for sending in bids. Just before 2 pm my sister called to tell my she made the highest bid!

My sister has already started sending me links with furniture she wants to get for the living room.

Fun fact; my uncle (yes, THAT uncle) used to live right around the corner from our house.
Great to hear that your sister and you now have a new home!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:00 PM   #43982
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ditto.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 09:26 PM   #43983
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hip hip hooray!! Going off to look at that listing now. Whee for you!

I’m glad there’s a past-tense in that “uncle lived” comment!

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 12-08-2023 at 09:32 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 02:39 AM   #43984
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Thanks everyone!

It hasn't really set in yet, mostly because so much is going on atm.

Until Monday afternoon we're helping my parents pack the things they need to take with them to their vacation accommodation. They won't get the key until 4 pm on Monday, so the current plan is to make a couple of trips that afternoon/evening to take most of their things over there. My parents will sleep at home that night. The next morning we'll move the last of the things, my mother and her chair (only chair she's relatively pain free in due to her stenosis and arthritis) and the cats. Then we'll unpack their things.

On Wednesday the movers will come to pack up all the things that need to go into storage. My father and sister will be there to help out and give direction, I'll be over at the vacation rental to keep my mother and the cats company and unpack anything that still needs unpacking. On Thursday the movers will take my parents things into storage, they think that will be finished in the early afternoon. Again, my father will be there to keep an eye on things. I'll be with my mother again. And once that is done and my father's back I can go back home and sleep for about a month.

This morning I need to pack the last of my things so we can take in to my storage unit tomorrow. Luckily that isn't much, some papers, get the last things from my closet.

In the new year my sister's going to put her apartment on the market. A couple of things need to be done before that. Considering the housing market I don't expect it'll take long to sell.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 09:19 AM   #43985
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And it's done.

Monday and Tuesday were chaotic, packing my parents' things. On Monday the first things were dropped off at the bungalow. On Tuesday everything took longer than expected and my parents and the cats didn't leave until 5pm.

This morning I went over to help unpack some things, whilst my sister went to the old house to help our father with the movers packing up things. My mother and I managed to unpack all the food and toiletries and I set up some devices to work with the wifi in the cottage.

The cats are somewhat traumatized. Last night Maru hid behind a sofa underneath the radiator. And Luna had retreated on a chair. During the night Luna went to my father who was sleeping in the bedroom (my mother slept in her chair in the living room to keep an eye on the cats), when he got up she hid underneath the bed and was still there when I left today around 1 pm. Maru spend the night pacing through the bungalow whilst meowing loud. This morning when I got there she was still pacing. At one point she fell asleep for a couple of hours underneath a bed. When she woke up she was in exploring mode. Everything needed to be sniffed and rubbed against. All the tables and kitchen counters needed to be explored. She is enjoying all the birds, but didn't recognize a rabbit as something that's interesting.

Hopefully Luna will come out from underneath the bed soon and get settled. But last night and this morning we were too busy for that I think. Once it's just my parents and the unpacking is done for the day I hope she'll appear.

It weird that after over a year of planning and almost six month of sorting and packing it's done. Tomorrow I'm going to sleep late, maybe order a nice lunch to be delivered and maybe do some cross stitching and reading.
Old 12-13-2023, 01:29 PM   #43986
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Okay so,Who here is going house-shopping next, so that I may continue my vicarious hunt for a perfect residence? Gadzooks!

I have someone who works for me, that is moving to Venice (IT) and I've tried to be useful there, (MWAHAHAHA) but it's hard to see how that will shake out...

So, who's next........?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 02:51 PM   #43987
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Okay so,Who here is going house-shopping next, so that I may continue my vicarious hunt for a perfect residence? Gadzooks!
No, please, I beg of you.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 04:33 PM   #43988
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
No, please, I beg of you.
Awww, come on. It's always mo' bettah fun when it's someone else's budget and efforts and sweat!!!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 05:25 PM   #43989
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ what Hitch said.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 05:37 PM   #43990
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I found the hunt fascinating. Seeing what was available in a different market, what was standard and what a frill, what you could expect to pay for it-- endlessly interesting.

The New York Times has a weekly feature called, in fact, The Hunt. Someone who's looking to buy in New York (occasionally they venture elsewhere), their budget, their parameters, their options, and what they end up with. They profile three properties and first you have to pick what you'd pick and then you have to guess what the week's buyer picked. I love it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 04:39 AM   #43991
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Yesterday I realized that I've almost finished my current cross stitch project, just over 300 cross stitches to go (one session) and then one or two sessions of back stitching (line work).

So today I'm preparing my next project. It's a kit of a puffin. I'm now using fabric glue on the edges of the fabric to keep it from fraying. Then I have to make labels for the floss to put on my floss drops and finally I have to grid my fabric. First measuring out 10 by 10 squares with a fabric marker and then sew in the grid with red fishing line.

Normally I would have done the preparations once I've finished my current project, but I'm getting my Covid booster on Monday and I'll be feeling crappy for a couple of days and will not be in the mood to do all of that. This way I can keep on stitching when I finish my current project in a couple of days.
Old 12-16-2023, 01:57 PM   #43992
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good thinking, to prep in advance!

I’m hanging some of my cross stitch pieces (photo below). I like to enjoy pristine walls for a while, in a new place, before I decorate. It’s been 1.75 years, so I’m at the decorate stage, and company will be here over Christmas, to see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4296.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	205239  
Old 12-16-2023, 04:03 PM   #43993
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Those are really nice. I've only framed a couple of my projects, in wooden hoops. A couple are in storage, three smaller Christmas ones my sister put in the Christmas tree and two I have on display on the shelves above my bed. My Mucha project still needs to be professionally framed but we first have to iron it properly.

I hate gridding, but it makes working on the project so much easier. My sister was having lunch with a friend today so I was able to grumble and curse my way through the gridding process. Although I must say I'm getting better and quicker at it, it still took me over two hours.

The puffin isn't a huge project, so I'm already thinking ahead about what to do when I finished that. I'm considering a big project. Either a kit (fox) or one I have on my Etsy wishlist.
Old 12-16-2023, 05:13 PM   #43994
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

As more of a fabric person, I’m lately “fabric only” — so I like them without frames. Some of my earlier ones have frames; I’ll hang them elsewhere, so they don’t clash. On one large wordy piece, I created a 2” wide dark brown fabric border, to emulate a frame without being one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4297.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	205246  

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 12-16-2023 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:44 AM   #43995
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Preparing for a busy morning. In 45 minutes I'm getting my Covid booster. It usually takes about 6 hours before I start feeling the effect (sore arm, tired, feeling under the weather)On the way back I'll go by the supermarket and stock up on some snacks and comfort food for the next couple of days. Back home I have two loads of laundry to do, I need to prepare dinner (pasta salad) and this week's groceries are going to be delivered, so those need to be put away.

After that I can hopefully get some cross stitching in. For tomorrow I have not much planned. I hope I won't feel too bad and I can do some stitching or diamond painting. If I do feel crappy I'll probably spend the day napping and reading.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?