Robert E. Howard - Conan series
Michael Moorcock - Elric of Melnibone Series
Edgar Rice Buroughs - John Carter of Mars Series

I do read lots of other novels but these are my staples
Snarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #422
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Books I reread over and over without getting tired of them include:

The Mote in God's Eye - Niven/Pournell
Amber Series - Zelazny
Vatta Series - Moon
Vorkosigan Series - Bujold
Dragonriders of Pern Series - McCaffrey
Darkover Series - Zimmer Bradley
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #423
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Graham Masterton: Devil's of D-Day and Charnel House. Bloody good horror by the author of The Manitou.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #424
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
I have read through the entire Isaac Asimov Foundation series several times, and also Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand a few times.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #425
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
You must have a lot of patience... Well done...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #426
marshies
Enthusiast
marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS650
Harry Potter series.
I started when I was 8 and just completed my 4th rereading of the first book.
marshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #427
captobvs
captobvs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd generation
Ah the foundation series is a classic. I'm a big star trek fan and like to read the older books that came out many,many moons ago .
captobvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #428
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl View Post
I have read through the entire Isaac Asimov Foundation series several times, and also Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand a few times.
Ahh! Foundation. Yes, another masterful series. While this is a forum dedicated to reading, I hope I won't be flamed for wishing to see a three-part movie series of the original trilogy (on the order of Peter Jackson's LOTR).
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #429
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Finsterhall of San Pasqual.

A great little book about a hare that lives in the area that becomes the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I've got my original book from 1976 and read it at least every year or so.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #430
zenny
zenny began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The Kindle edition of Jaroslav Hasek's book will be available at Amazon on November 17, 2010. That's a bit of a wait, but Amazon is already accepting pre-orders. It will be under the title The Good Soldier Svejk.
The Kindle edition you refer to will be the the Kindle version of Cecil Parrott's 1973 translation of the book.

There is already a Kindle version (in three "parts" of the originally serialized classic) of the new English translation titled The Fateful Adventures of the Good Soldier Svejk During the World War as translated by yours truly.
zenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #431
zenny

Dobý voják Švejk = Good Soldier Švejk [sh'-vake]

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I just got our beloved Svejk from this place. PDF... I was billed by a certain Keenan, Sadlon & Lord, Inc.
Keenan, Sadlon & Lord, Inc. happens to be the translator's company.

Quote:
No images of Lada
The pictures were omitted for a reason.

Quote:
On my PSR 600 it reads well.
That is nice to hear. Thanks for the good report!

I am currently working on creating an official, proper EPUB format of all three volumes of the book, which are now available as paperbacks, PDF files, and Kindle (mobi) files.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #432
zenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
For some reason, it's usually translated into English as "Good Soldier ...
The reason is the original title: Osudy dobrého vojáka Švejka ..., i.e. The Fateful Adventures of the Good Soldier Švejk During the World War. The "brave" is a mistranslation from the German translation of the original Czech title.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #433
kitchenette
kitchenette is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Favorites I never get tired of!

The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Simarillion, and The Stand.
kitchenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #434
ofey
Kindle3 Noob
ofey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Le Petit Prince
ofey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #435
Aladyleyna
Zealot
Aladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notes

Device: iPad 1
For me, it would have to be the Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis. I'm obsessed with that series. I pretty much treat it like a Bible. I don't read it from front to back though; every time I feel like I'm in the mood for a good pick me up, I always pick it up, flip to any page that strikes my fancy, and just read. And it's just so refreshing!

I can't really explain why I love it so much. It just sucks you in. It's like opening a cupboard and finding a completely new world in there. It's always a joy to re-experience that sense of wonder again. Even as an adult (and it's supposed to be a kid's book), I still find it as beautiful as ever.
Aladyleyna is offline   Reply With Quote