Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 12:20 AM   #406
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
At least mine is coming USPS - they tend to be very early here. Hope it holds true tomorrow.
I hope it arrives early for you! My UPS guy arrived the latest he ever has. We always have a chat when I'm home and he said, Oh I can tell you were really waiting for this one. I'm so transparent. hehe. Of course, in my case, turns out it was not worth waiting for since my screen is two toned. Sigh. Hope you love yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Hmm, they charged my CC yesterday but it still shows preparing to ship. I know they get slow about updating the website when they have massive ship outs like a new Kindle, so I'm wondering if it has already shipped or not. I'm not scheduled for delivery until Oct 28, and that is what it still shows.

ETA: No more guessing as I just got an email stating it has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow.
Good luck, Jack! I was just thinking our sad little 2012/2013 PW color blob club isn't doing very well so far with both xendula's and mine being two toned, you're our only hope now. Hope you get a good one and love it!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:28 AM   #407
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I hope it arrives early for you! My UPS guy arrived the latest he ever has. We always have a chat when I'm home and he said, Oh I can tell you were really waiting for this one. I'm so transparent. hehe.
I believe, on occasion, I have stalked my driveway and torn the package out of my UPS guy's hands. One day, it was a FedEx guy, and he gave me a funny look when I said I waited ALL DAY for him

Quote:
Good luck, Jack! I was just thinking our sad little 2012/2013 PW color blob club isn't doing very well so far with both xendula's and mine being two toned, you're our only hope now. Hope you get a good one and love it!
Seconding this: Good luck, Jack! Mine does not look as bad as other pics I have seen, but I really was hoping for a perfectly even screen this time.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 12:49 AM   #408
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Seconding this: Good luck, Jack! Mine does not look as bad as other pics I have seen, but I really was hoping for a perfectly even screen this time.
Thanks sparklemotion and xendula! Since I usually keep the light fairly low, I'm hoping I won't notice the screen issues you see on yours, or at least that it won't bother me too much if I do. What bothered me the most about the PW1/2 was the blurred text due to the light layer. If they really got the text sharp then maybe the light won't matter so much. Mostly I will be using mine outside, so I also hope the less glare screen really is less of a glare! But just to be safe, this year I held off ordering a cover until I'm sure I will keep it.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-22-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #409
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I believe, on occasion, I have stalked my driveway and torn the package out of my UPS guy's hands. One day, it was a FedEx guy, and he gave me a funny look when I said I waited ALL DAY for him
Mine knows me and knows I'm insane so he expects that sort of thing from me. hee hee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Thanks sparklemotion and xendula! Since I usually keep the light fairly low, I'm hoping I won't notice the screen issues you see on yours, or at least that it won't bother me too much if I do. What bothered me the most about the PW1/2 was the blurred text due to the light layer. If they really got the text sharp then maybe the light won't matter so much. Mostly I will be using mine outside, so I also hope the less glare screen really is less of a glare! But just to be safe, this year I held off ordering a cover until I'm sure I will keep it.
The text is definitely sharper and also I think it looked more up front to me. Not as hazy, like you're looking through another layer like on the PWs. At least as I recall, I really didn't look at mine very long once I noticed the two toned screen. Hopefully you'll get a nice even screen. Look forward to your review!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:27 AM   #410
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
I believe, on occasion, I have stalked my driveway and torn the package out of my UPS guy's hands.
I always stalk on Kindle day.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 03:09 AM   #411
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:

Good luck, Jack! I was just thinking our sad little 2012/2013 PW color blob club isn't doing very well so far with both xendula's and mine being two toned, you're our only hope now.

apologies but as a die hard SW fan I couldn't resist

I'm sorry you were not lucky. I genuinely hope you will find a lovely H2O. I didn't see much of it but what I saw made my jaw drop and eyes pop (feel free to insert a cartoon here ) I've been thinking of buying one ever since (but my finances are pitiful this month). Sniff.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #412
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
The text is definitely sharper and also I think it looked more up front to me. Not as hazy, like you're looking through another layer like on the PWs.
I agree, and think you'll love this aspect of it. Compared to my PW2, the font is darker, crisper, just gorgeous, albeit, of course, still limited to the same boring old ones Amazon allows us to have

If Kobo's CS didn't suck as much as it does, I would try to order an H2O just to get more fonts and the ability to tweak line stroke!? These sound like crazy features coming from the kindle.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #413
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Dan23 answered my question about the buttons. I think I trust him and Nate of The Digital Reader more than I do a PCMag or Gizmodo reviewer who may not know how anything that's not an iPad is supposed to work.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #414
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Dan23 answered my question about the buttons. I think I trust him and Nate of The Digital Reader more than I do a PCMag or Gizmodo reviewer who may not know how anything that's not an iPad is supposed to work.
I definitely think you shouldn't get one then. You seem to have some strong bias against the Voyage, that will probably keep you from enjoying it.

You keep talking about the iPad. I don't own one, but I am pretty sure it doesn't have any page turn buttons on it, so I am not sure what point you are making.

Having said all that, I read on my Voyage for about an hour last night, and the buttons totally made the reading experience for me. They worked perfectly for me every time, never went in the wrong direction, and enabled me to read without thinking about how much to move my thumb. The screen, buttons, and size of the device make this the best ereader I have ever owned.

I have used a Kobo Aura HD for the last 15 months or so and various kindles before that. For page turning on touch devices, the kobo was the worst for people who switch hands and the Voyage is the best. Whichever developers at Kobo and Amazon who thought that people like to go backwards as much as they go forwards is no friend of mine.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #415
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
I hope it arrives early for you! My UPS guy arrived the latest he ever has. We always have a chat when I'm home and he said, Oh I can tell you were really waiting for this one. I'm so transparent. hehe. Of course, in my case, turns out it was not worth waiting for since my screen is two toned. Sigh. Hope you love yours.
Thank you! Me, too, though I'm losing hope. It's pouring here so I guess my delivery will be later than normal, too. I feel bad for the carriers.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #416
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
So here I sit blissfully waiting on all the reviews and...? Only the one review from kindle_voyage (which was very nice, btw). So I'm thinking wth? Then I kick back to the forum and find THE thread. Oh. Now I know what I've been missing.

So long for now. I got some reading to do!
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #417
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
They had the Voyage at my local Best Buy, but it wasn't on display yet and the sales clerk couldn't find them at first. They said they had 5 in stock.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #418
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Voyage(r) will be too much warp speed on the buttons ...
so nice to meet voyager fans x my kindle 3 just died in middle of reading star trek voyager marooned , help
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #419
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolw View Post
the three position stand on my Tuff-Luv case is great.....
Peter
what case do u have?
Old 11-11-2014, 11:42 PM   #420
sian
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've cancelled the Origami cover. I've still got the Belkin on order, that's the one I want unless the Fore Front case is perfect.
not sure i like that worry my voyage will drop out.