Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #376
Gustaw
Gustaw began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
That is very strange. It's like the digitizer loses power or something. What battery percent is the device at, I would leave it on the charger and see if it is the same while under full charge off the plug.
Malcolm
With full battery or not effect is the same. I think there is a feature not a bug.
Gustaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #377
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaw View Post
With full battery or not effect is the same. I think there is a feature not a bug.
What feature would not let you use your screen? It might be one but others will have to chime in. If you can get the app ampre off the playstore and see how much it is discharging when off the charger that help determine something boyue can do to fix it as well. I would tweet them though and see what they say.
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #378
Gustaw

Quote:
What feature would not let you use your screen? It might be one but others will have to chime in. If you can get the app ampre off the playstore and see how much it is discharging when off the charger that help determine something boyue can do to fix it as well. I would tweet them though and see what they say.
Malcolm
After installing Google Framework and then Ampere the results are: with Wi-Fi 590-800 mA and without Wi-Fi 580-650 mA (as usually screen stopped updating after few seconds). I don't know if is this correct.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #379
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
After installing Google Framework and then Ampere the results are: with Wi-Fi 590-800 mA and without Wi-Fi 580-650 mA (as usually screen stopped updating after few seconds). I don't know if is this correct.
Get youtube on the Mimas then it doesn't have to work well but during video play does it freezes the screen content while it is unresponsive? If so your device is faulty and either your ROM is bad from the OTA or it somehow damaged the device. Did anyone backup the OTA off their device before going to 1.02 if so gustav needs it to manually retake the OTA to hopefully fix this issue.
Malcolm
Old 04-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #380
Gustaw

Quote:
Get youtube on the Mimas then it doesn't have to work well but during video play does it freezes the screen content while it is unresponsive? If so your device is faulty and either your ROM is bad from the OTA or it somehow damaged the device. Did anyone backup the OTA off their device before going to 1.02 if so gustav needs it to manually retake the OTA to hopefully fix this issue.
Malcolm
Thanks for you involvement. Test with video was interesting. I can play Youtube, but this time Wi-Fi connection is ON. I have copied video file to reader, switched Wi-Fi to OFF and again all works. During playing even screen was responsive. But after quiting from player screen locked quickly as usual.
Advert
Old 04-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #381
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Thanks for you involvement. Test with video was interesting. I can play Youtube, but this time Wi-Fi connection is ON. I have copied video file to reader, switched Wi-Fi to OFF and again all works. During playing even screen was responsive. But after quiting from player screen locked quickly as usual.
Yeah that is some sort of c state issue with the cpu it sounds like for some reason its not staying in the awake state like it should while the video apps have the high usage flag to keep it using at full core speed. it's a pain but can you post a pic of all your settings from the user settings section. Maybe take them with your phone then upload them all in a .zip to mega.nz and link them here. I think forcing some stuff in android dev options can fix it but don't want you to enable all of that till we make sure some wonky setting is not just set wrong. Before the OTA what apps did you have installed on the device and was the google framework active?
Malcolm
Old 04-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #382
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
It happened again.
I hit the three dot hamburger menu in the top right of the Notes screen.
When I did this I exited out of the Note I was in and lost two pages of Notes.
It's bonkers!
It happens to often to recommend this device and can not be used in a professional environment with these Notes losses.
Phil
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #383
Gustaw

Quote:
...Before the OTA what apps did you have installed on the device and was the google framework active?
Malcolm
For me this device is eReader not tablet. Before and after update I installed KOReader and ES File Explorer. Google Framework I installed last days after advice to check power consumption with Ampere. I don't need Google Apps. I have checked settings many times and don't see anything suspicious. There were only one case with unstable version of KOReader but I don't know, if this have any relationship with actual situation. Maybe return to previous version of firmware may help, but without official support this package is unobtainable.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #384
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
For me this device is eReader not tablet. Before and after update I installed KOReader and ES File Explorer. Google Framework I installed last days after advice to check power consumption with Ampere. I don't need Google Apps. I have checked settings many times and don't see anything suspicious. There were only one case with unstable version of KOReader but I don't know, if this have any relationship with actual situation. Maybe return to previous version of firmware may help, but without official support this package is unobtainable.
Yeah that's the issue Boyue is not linking there updates anywhere, only way to get them is someone who downloaded but did not take it yet has in the root of their storage that they can copy it somewhere else first. I don't think what you had on it before would make any issue as this is system wide and a device issue. Have you tried contacting the seller you got the unit from perhaps they can get you this file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foro.carlos View Post
@foro.carlos Can you ask your contact when you get time to get at least the OTA's cause this users device is basically un-usable due to what seems a bad OTA with no provided local update to repair it. If the OTA was bad the factory reset will do nothing as it will just pull from the new OTA data that's now in the system Partition.
Malcolm
Old 04-07-2019, 02:37 AM   #385
Gustaw

Quote:
... Have you tried contacting the seller you got the unit from perhaps they can get you this file?

Malcolm
Yes. I wrote email to the seller. I expect answer in next days.
10-04-2019
I received answer with advice to try factory reset. But I did it try before and this solution don't work. I am waiting for next update, maybe this help.

Last edited by Gustaw; 04-10-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:01 AM   #386
Ahalya
Ahalya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA One
hi everyone,
I have a problem with opening dictionaries in PDFs. When I click on a word, a letter is selected instead of the whole word...
Am I doing anything wrong?
Ahalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #387
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

It just happened again. I had a Note file open, stepped away for an hour, sat back down and started using the same Note again by moving pages back a couple, and last two npages of notes gone. I'm so fuckn pissed
Old 04-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #388
mrpotts
Connoisseur

This Mimas absolutely sucks. Any digital device that consistently loses your work belongs in the trash.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #389
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
That hasn't happened to me. I regularly close the note I'm writing, so it saves, especially if I'm stepping away. Then again, I do that on Windows too. And before I hit submit for a forum comment, I always select all and copy because too many times they end up disappearing. I learned those lessons the hard way.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #390
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
This Mimas absolutely sucks. Any digital device that consistently loses your work belongs in the trash.
Try full reset, do not connect it to the internet, do not install any additional apps.
Your device might be hacked at the moment.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote