Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #346
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's stored in the database file library1.db, whoose location depends on OS. Just search for it. At the moment you cannot export metadata, but its easy to implement and if you open a bug report, I'll get around to it
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #347
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
Thanks very much (again !) kovidgoyal !!
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #348
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Kovid
Is it possible to merge two databases? Also, after export book file to disk, can I import full fie, ie lrf plus source file plus data into one "slot" in existing database?

Mitch

Last edited by Mitchll; 12-13-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #349
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No merging is not possible. A full import feature is on my TODO list. It will allow you to export you database and then re-import it with all metadata.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #350
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks, something to look forward to.
Mitch
Advert
Old 12-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #351
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
Kovid,

I just noticed with the current Windows release that we can now store the database where we choose. However, would it be possible to store the database on the reader itself, using a memory stick if available? If not, I guess I could store it on my thumb drive on my keys, along with the installer, for when I travel and would like to update my library/Reader.

Also, under the configuration, could there be support to show which headers (Author, Title, etc.) are visible? And.. could a "Book Finished", or simply a "Read" tag be added? Of course, if the first line of the "Comments" section was visible on the main screen, that'd work too.

All in all, I'm very happy at how the program is maturing!
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #352
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The problem with storing the database on a removable drive is that windows may not give it the same drive letter on a different computer. Indeed, the drive letter may not exist at all, in which case libprs500 may not start. You would have to copy the database from the removable disk to the harddisk. I suppose I could add an "import database" option withing the GUI that will make this easy.

Customizing the displayed columns, is on my TODO list, but it has a rather low priority.

Both the tags and the comments are displayed in the status bar when you click on a book. You can also search on both tags and comments.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #353
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
Bummer. But it's no difficulty for me to just copy a backup of the database to my thumb drive and then copy it to another system.

Heh. Right after I posted I checked out the ticket listing on the libprs500 site; should've done that in the first place.

*nod* I noticed that they are displayed when you click the book, but when you're trying to remember which books/short stories you've read out of a couple hundred entries, it would be a benefit to have some of that info available without clicking through every entry. I agree that it's a low priority though.
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #354
Mitchll
Cave Dweller

I'm getting the following conversion error message (same for several books):

AttributeError: GetCharMap instance has no attribute '_GetCharMap__bug_handler'
Failed to perform job: Convert book:Stone angel
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "libprs500\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 97, in run
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 140, in main
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 117, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\rtf\convert_from.pyo", line 85, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\rtf\convert_from.pyo", line 178, in generate_html2
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\rtf\convert_from.pyo", line 169, in generate_xml
File "rtf2xml\ParseRtf.pyo", line 399, in parse_rtf
File "rtf2xml\hex_2_utf8.pyo", line 778, in convert_hex_2_utf8
File "rtf2xml\hex_2_utf8.pyo", line 198, in __initiate_values
File "rtf2xml\get_char_map.pyo", line 68, in get_char_map
AttributeError: GetCharMap instance has no attribute '_GetCharMap__bug_handler'
Log:
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:177: Converting RTF to XML...

Mitch
Old 12-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #355
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Send me one of these RTF files
Old 12-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #356
ctennenh
ctennenh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Kovid, I've noticed that most or all (I can't recall if it's ever worked) lrf's created with Docudesk's DeskUnPDF will not allow addition into the library, nor directly to the reader. They are recognized by the Connect software under XP, however. In LibPRS500 in OS X (10.4) I get an error and have to force quit. If you need me to I'll grab a screenshot of the error next time.
ctennenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #357
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Even better attach a sample LRF to a ticket.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #358
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Kovid, have you had any luck/time at getting around to a version of html2prc? I love the stuff you did for my Sony and my Kindle could use some Kovid TLC as well.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #359
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not yet, (un)fortunately I just made a couple of breakthroughs in my research, so libprs is on the backburner for a bit :-)
Old 12-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #360
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not yet, (un)fortunately I just made a couple of breakthroughs in my research, so libprs is on the backburner for a bit :-)
Wait, you have a real life? What the hell?

You're not allowed to have a real life! Ok, ok, maybe I am just jealous because I have no real life.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote