Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #346
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Calibre plug-in? Neat.
It is. Just make sure you add the right PIDs. I got a K2, and read some of the 0s as Os. I figured if it wasn't right, I wouldn't get a PID. Well, I did, but it wasn't until Calibre started importing as AZW, that I realized I had the wrong PID. It is useful to try the PID with mobidedrm6, first.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #347
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's just possible that you might see something like this if you weren't using the 0.06 version of MobiDeDRM.
Thanks! I needed the upgrade.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #348
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
Thanks! I needed the upgrade.
I've found that there's even a problem with 0.07 and some Mobipocket books, resulting in extra or wrong text every so often. Hopefully there'll be a 0.08 along shortly to fix those. (Specifically, Mobipocket v5 files that don't have trailing data entries, event though the header is 0xE8 long.)

[edit] And I've received notification (I get emailed when there are new comments) that there's is a new version of the code linked from the Dark Reverser's weblog comments.

This one seems to be a combined stand-alone script /and/ calibre plug-in.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-06-2010 at 03:22 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #349
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
It is. Just make sure you add the right PIDs. I got a K2, and read some of the 0s as Os. I figured if it wasn't right, I wouldn't get a PID. Well, I did, but it wasn't until Calibre started importing as AZW, that I realized I had the wrong PID. It is useful to try the PID with mobidedrm6, first.
Awesome, thanks for the tips.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #350
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
v0.09 is out now (7 Jan 2010)...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #351
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
None of the new versions of mobidedrm work on my drm files. Just an old version of .02 does. Any help with compiling the calibre plugin with the old .02 version? Thanks.
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #352
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Exclamation if not __name__ == "__main__":

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
None of the new versions of mobidedrm work on my drm files. Just an old version of .02 does. Any help with compiling the calibre plugin with the old .02 version? Thanks.
The calibre plugin is not a different program. It is a different startup procedure inside the same program:

Code:
if not __name__ == "__main__":
	from calibre.customize import FileTypePlugin

class MobiDeDRM(FileTypePlugin):

name                = 'MobiDeDRM' # Name of the plugin
		description         = 'Removes DRM from secure Mobi files'
		supported_platforms = ['linux', 'osx', 'windows'] # Platforms this plugin will run on
		author              = 'The Dark Reverser' # The author of this plugin
		version             = (0, 0, 7)   # The version number of this plugin
		file_types          = set(['prc','mobi','awz']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied to
		on_import           = True # Run this plugin during the import

def run(self, path_to_ebook):
			of = self.temporary_file('.mobi')
			PID = self.site_customization
			data_file = file(path_to_ebook, 'rb').read()
			ar = PID.split(',')
			for i in ar:
				try:
					file(of.name, 'wb').write(DrmStripper(data_file, i).getResult())
				except DrmException:
					# Hm, we should display an error dialog here.
					# Dunno how though.
					# Ignore the dirty hack behind the curtain.
#					strexcept = 'echo exception: %s > /dev/tty' % e
#					subprocess.call(strexcept,shell=True)
					print i + ": not PID for book"
				else:
					return of.name

def customization_help(self, gui=False):
			return 'Enter PID (separate multiple PIDs with comma)'

if __name__ == "__main__":
	print "MobiDeDrm v0.07. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser"
	if len(sys.argv)<4:
		print "Removes protection from Mobipocket books"
		print "Usage:"
		print "  mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID"
	else:  
		infile = sys.argv[1]
		outfile = sys.argv[2]
		pid = sys.argv[3]
		data_file = file(infile, 'rb').read()
		try:
			file(outfile, 'wb').write(DrmStripper(data_file, pid).getResult())
		except DrmException, e:
			print "Error: %s" %
Question is: how much work would it be to patch the startup code into the older versions.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #353
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
Question is: how much work would it be to patch the startup code into the older versions.
Well, hardly any work. But it's the wrong question. t

The right question is why is this person having problems with later MobiDeDRM?

There are /lots/ of files that 0.02 doesn't handle correctly. I thought that with 0.09 we'd finally tied down just when Mobipocket files have trailing data flags or not. I haven't come across any on which it fails.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #354
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, hardly any work. But it's the wrong question. t

The right question is why is this person having problems with later MobiDeDRM?

There are /lots/ of files that 0.02 doesn't handle correctly. I thought that with 0.09 we'd finally tied down just when Mobipocket files have trailing data flags or not. I haven't come across any on which it fails.
v0.09 seems to work OK, but I've only used it a few times. I suppose I could go back and re0try it on all those archived DRM files?
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #355
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
v0.09 seems to work OK, but I've only used it a few times. I suppose I could go back and re0try it on all those archived DRM files?
I wouldn't bother until we find out whether or not this is operator error.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #356
nklein
Enthusiast
nklein began at the beginning.

Device: ppc, soon a ipod touch
I totally need so much help I have over 100 ebooks I bought that I want to read on ipod touch if someone can email with help I download everything I need and read so much but I'm getting a error
bash: mobidedrm02.py: command not found.......

I'm so lost sucks butt
PLEASe please help me

nkphoto@telus.net
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #357
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklein View Post
I totally need so much help I have over 100 ebooks I bought that I want to read on ipod touch if someone can email with help I download everything I need and read so much but I'm getting a error
bash: mobidedrm02.py: command not found.......

I'm so lost sucks butt
PLEASe please help me

nkphoto@telus.net
Where do you have mobidedrm script? What OS? You might need to type ./mobidedrm02.py because the current folder isn't automatically in the path.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #358
nklein
Enthusiast
nklein began at the beginning.

Device: ppc, soon a ipod touch
Hi I have snow leopard
right now I have the script and ebook that I'm using to figure this out on my desktop, where would u like me to put it, I'll do what ever to figure it out

also, I was wondering which script to use theres so many of them, and what version of python? I downloaded both for mac, but the site recommended the 2.6.4... not the 3.....
and when u write the stuff in the python thing do I put spaces? like
"mobidedrm02.py name of ebook...... ??
email nkphoto@telus.net
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:05 AM   #359
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
There is a new DRM stripper for Mobipocket ebooks out on the web. It's written in Python, and it works.
It's just over two years since the Dark Reverser first posted his MobideDRM script, and just over 21 months since I started buying DRMed Mobipocket books because of it.

Eeekk.. The Dark Reverser's work has meant I've spent over $1600 on ebooks in the last 21 months!

Oh... working it out, that's just under $18 a week. And so far this year, I have been reading books at a cost rate of about $15/week. So I suppose I haven't been too wildly extravagant.

So - three cheers for the Dark Reverser!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #360
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklein View Post
Hi I have snow leopard
right now I have the script and ebook that I'm using to figure this out on my desktop, where would u like me to put it, I'll do what ever to figure it out
If you want to do it through ADE you have to install the Sony Library software in order for ADE to recognize the reader and allow you to copy books to it from within ADE.

Oh and yes, the reader has to be registered to the same Adobe ID that you have your Mac registered to or the ebooks won't work on the device. Of course, this won't keep the device from being recognized.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, drm, formatting, mobipocket