Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #331
chupvl
chupvl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Why I need e-book and why I enter the giveaway?
- because I am reading every day - subway, at the university, at the bus, on holidays..
- ...and espicially I read A LOT of articles about my PhD thesis theme - Drug design of receptors of nervous system, so the reading of growing number of articles about the thesis theme takes a lot of time
- I put my money by for the WEDDING...so I will buy ebook only spring 2010 (ouch).
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #332
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
I should win because I am the winner!
Well the real reason is my wife is always with my Sony ereader and I need a second one!
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #333
sulfurman
sulfurman began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Read international news

I would like to win an e-book reader (Bookeen Cybook Gen3.... i would prefere iRex Iliad but....) because i should like to read international newspapers directly on my bed (to avoid falling). I'm Italian and in Italy there are no news about our prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. Please let me read something true about my shameful PM

Ciao a tutti, Gianni.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #334
aber
aber began at the beginning.

Device: None
Since the economical and financial crisis has revealed much of how the socalled CEOs are inning their royal stinking dollar bills,it would be very egoistic of myself to generate even more risky business or should I say with a smell on it.

To begin the day with a smile, I have the ritual of sitting on my toilet while reading another episode of my favorite journal. To spare you all well-educated folks, I shall come to the point: At the end of my sanitary session, I always forget an essential thing namely...TOILETPAPER. When you have followed my story, you can only acknowledge there's only way out (to stay in terms). Right yeah, the journal. I begin with politics, then it's the economics' turn, but in conclusion there's - oh no! - the sports. While rubbing off the last bits of...tears, I still have another exciting day at the office (with CEO:-c) to look forward to. I can now choose: depression or stay calm. OK the last one.

I screw up all my courage and flush down the toilet once, twice, whoops another problem. OK, OK just call the cesspool heros and erverything will be just fine. Ten past eight, ten past nine...no fecies nitwits to see for. Work boss (CEO right!) calls. After running me down - just like one of his Ferrari's though - I'm left aside, lost my wife, drinking alcohol (no cocain though), and last but not least lost my journal subscription.

Back to reality: I'm just 19 years old. But if this is my future. The choice lies in your hands: lazybumps or victory on all the snob CEOs. I want that Sony Reader PRS-505 please!

Since I'm a newbie I did not yet participate, but I will do so very soon -
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #335
Milarepa
Enthusiast
Milarepa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Milarepa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Milarepa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I would like to enter the giveaway!

I just think that winning free stuff is awesome
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #336
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Lightbulb I have been "in" since the beginning

I could use an additional device to help me help the cause

I have always believed in ebooks from the infancy of market. Having a portable, long lasting and "easy on the eyes" reader has always been the target of my desires - Over the years I have purchased or tried just about every ebook reader, including some early examples from Sony that required me to manually redo the OS from Japanese to English. I believe the future of the print industry lay in these devices and the people, like myself diligently striving to turning the tide from that of ignorance to one of suability and acceptance

I am an avid supporter of the technology and I have found having multiple devices with multiple form factors and appeal allows me to demonstrate personal value to those I show them to. I have converted dozens of people over the years to ereaders and or ebooks. Having another ebook reader in my arsenal will not only help me personally but help the "Cause".
Old 06-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #337
zooom
zooom began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
... I'm poor - I'm a student!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #338
rockjian
rockjian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ebook Reader
interested in Kindle 2.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #339
krtekz
krtekz began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, axim x30
If I can win a Jetbook, I'll be the happiest man in the world :-)
Old 06-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #340
Lee_Prince
Lee_Prince began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I'm entering the giveaway. I moved more than 13,000 books recently and it cost me a LOT of money. E-publishing is the way to go. No more wood as trees!
I'm also a really good older guy...
Old 06-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #341
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Of course I'm throwing my hat in the ring....not that I ever win anything, ever....well OK once I won tickets for a football game...I hate football....tried to sell them...turns out that's the year of the NFL strike....sigh....

At any rate having a new ereading device will help me spend time in the hospital as my husband gets titanium bolts and rods put into his back (he'll be robo-hub!).
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #342
krhysling
krhysling began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would like to enter the contest.

If I win, I'll use the cool factor of the reader to help encourage my 13 year old son to read more!
Old 06-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #343
tristanofalls
tristanofalls began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I'd like to win because my PRS-500 has too little maximum battery life now for my newly-realized use of it as a cue script for memorizing lines.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #344
ThomasMc
Disgusted with LDBoblo
ThomasMc doesn't litterThomasMc doesn't litter

Device: nook
I'd like to win, because the old Nokia 770 I've been using is starting to act flaky, and I don't know if I can go back to reading books on (shudder) paper!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #345
npawson
npawson began at the beginning.

Device: none -like look of bebook
I'd like to win an ebook to keep up with my wife, reduce the nuber of full bookcases we're accumulating and reduce the number of trees being turned into books - though I'm disappointed at the price of downloaded books in this country being so much more than paper, and the ebooks at Borders USA/ Canada (they even give away books, and have many for $1.00. hopefully the more of us with readers, the cheaper downloads will become.
Closed Thread