Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #331
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I don't have the T62B but only the T62C.
According to the RK3026 thread it is possible to use newer ROMS from Energy Sistem Ereader Pro or C67ML BUT only the system partition (if more than the system partition is flashed, touchscreen is reported to stop working). For the C67ML system.img you have to adapt your boot.img to have a working backlight control. Those changes do not interfere with the Energy System Ereader Pro system.img, meaning if done well you can use ist with the other ROMs too. FOV has anounced a new C67ML port for Boyue (1.7.3). This will be a great ROM with good batterylife. But remember, extract only the system.img out of the ROM and flash it after having changed your boot.img. If you can't wait that long, create your own ROM out of the downloadable Energy Ereader Pro ROM version 4, extract and update it as I described here with the Energy Ereader Pro update.zip version 5.

About the expectable batterylife (0,2% in sleep) I wrote something there
It appears that I have a kernel problem that I didn't have before - just flashing a system image won't help that I don't think.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #332
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
I can build the firmware for T62B & T61... But it is advisable that You posted the last update from this book with a dump partition Recovery, So I was able to collect the full firmware for You to be able to fall back to the native firmware.
The only thing I understand is you say you can build for T62, I don't understand the rest.
Advert
Old 09-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #333
OneiroDancer
Enthusiast
OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 3, Kobo Clara HD
I got my T62D a few days ago. I rooted it and installed google playand installed a deep sleep app, but battery life is still bad. I wanted to try and install L Speed on it, but before doing so I wanted to make sure that I was able to recover from bricking, and maybe also make a complete image of the system as it was right now.

I tried to follow the instructions in the first post, but they seem wrong, at least for my model: if I simply press the Refresh button nothing happens. Therefore I guessed that I had to press Power and Refresh together, as key combinations are more common to go in recovery mode; and, alas, I went into recovery mode, the Android with open lid and keyboard and waring sign appears, but no connected device appears in RkBatchTool.

In this condition, I can see the device via adb, it is shown as "recovery"; I can also connect with adb shell, but the only command which works is pwd (no ls, no cat, I can really do nothing...)

I guess I am doing something wrong, but I don't understand what. I would really like to extend my device's battery duration, but I don't want to touch it until I am confident I can unbrick it. Any suggestion?
OneiroDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #334
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
For getting the dump utility rkDump't need Root and enable debug Mode. Posted tool using the shortcut that's already spelled out the necessary parameters to run.

Need:
1. Download file: rkDumper.rar
2. Unzip the file rkDumper.rar in the root of drive C:
3. Connect the book to your PC via USB cable
4. Run RkBatchTool_v1.8 or RkBatchTool_v1.7
5. To translate the book in a flashing mode to PC via USB using the instructions Readme(eng).txt - boot into the Boot Loader mode
6. As an indicator in the app RkBatchTool go Green, we RkBatchTool no longer needed and you can close it.
7. To run the application from a shortcut rkDumper.lnk and starts to load the dump from the book.
8. After the removal of the dump book itself will reboot and will boot in normal mode.
9. In the folder rkDumper will appear in the Output folder. Need You to compress the Output folder WinRAR or 7zip packer and put the file in the cloud, providing the download link.

You need to put all the files from the Output folder. The file userdata.img is not required. Most likely the file userdata.img will not need to create the firmware.

If you decide to unzip the file rkDumper.rar to another disk, the properties of the shortcut, specify the drive letter where you unzipped the file.
Good getting the dump!

Last edited by FOV; 09-14-2015 at 01:33 PM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #335
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
For getting the dump utility rkDump't need Root and enable debug Mode. Posted tool using the shortcut that's already spelled out the necessary parameters to run.

Need:
1. Download file: Attachment 141958
2. Unzip the file rkDumper.rar in the root of drive C:
3. Connect the book to your PC via USB cable
4. Run RkBatchTool_v1.8 or RkBatchTool_v1.7
5. To translate the book in a flashing mode to PC via USB using the instructions Readme(eng).txt - boot into the Boot Loader mode
6. As an indicator in the app RkBatchTool go Green, we RkBatchTool no longer needed and you can close it.
7. To run the application from a shortcut rkDumper.lnk and starts to load the dump from the book.
8. After the removal of the dump book itself will reboot and will boot in normal mode.
9. In the folder rkDumper will appear in the Output folder. Need You to compress the Output folder WinRAR or 7zip packer and put the file in the cloud, providing the download link.

You need to put all the files from the Output folder. The file userdata.img is not required. Most likely the file userdata.img will not need to create the firmware.

If you decide to unzip the file rkDumper.rar to another disk, the properties of the shortcut, specify the drive letter where you unzipped the file.
Good getting the dump!
I had already used the rom dumper tool yesterday, so hopefully the output from that is what you need. I didn't need all the instructions, just needed to know what you needed. But thanks for the detailed instructions. I will send you a pm with a link.
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 AM   #336
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Boyue ROMs to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It appears that I have a kernel problem that I didn't have before - just flashing a system image won't help that I don't think.
Don't know if you are aware of this:
In case you want to go back to an earlier ROM, here is the Boyue ROM collection.
Download works with JDownloader.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-15-2015 at 08:59 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #337
OneiroDancer
Enthusiast
OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 3, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Good getting the dump!
Thank you, FOV, you have been most helpful!

Quote:
... here is the Boyue ROM collection.
Thenk you, nhedgehog, a Boyue ROM collection would be very useful indeed... but I am not able to read the page you linked, everything is in Chinese '-.-
OneiroDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #338
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you very much for the link to "Boyue ROM collection". I lost the link to this collection. Now I have returned the ability to download the latest firmware from Boyue.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #339
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@FOV: From your posts before I assumed you weren't aware of the link. Glad it will help. Remember to use JDownloader otherwise you probably have to register. Even with JDownloader download is painfully slow.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #340
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Don't know if you are aware of this:
In case you want to go back to an earlier ROM, here is the Boyue ROM collection.
Download works with JDownloader.
Thank you! When I can get to my pc I will try JDownloader. I noticed that there are two entries for T62B-20150831. Does anyone know if there is a difference?
Old 09-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #341
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thank you! When I can get to my pc I will try JDownloader. I noticed that there are two entries for T62B-20150831. Does anyone know if there is a difference?
That happens quite often (finding a double upload on this page). I would use the upper one which was uploaded later. Out of curiousity I downloaded the latest firmware for T62C. It consists of 2 parts: One is an update.zip the other a full firmware image. It took a while to download since I had only 30kb/s and after a random time a captcha popped up. But since JDownloader is capable of resuming that was not so frustrating.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #342
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
A couple questions:

Has anyone been able to run adb from the Mac?

Which version is the Icarus Illumina E653?

If it has been stuck on "press power to wake up" since July, and doesn't show up as a disk, is it still possible to get into recovery mode?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:24 AM   #343
FOV
Connoisseur

It turned out that due to lack in firmware system application "ContactsProvider.apk" no will created Google account.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:36 AM   #344
Nazo
Nazo began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
So I just picked up the Boyue T62+ after reading about what I could do with it. I've been trying to read over all of this stuff, but there are... a lot of posts in no particular order obviously. Anyway, it's rooted and Google Play is on there. In fact, I found an Xposed module that fixed Google Play's most significant problem I think. (Have it report the DPI as a standard number like 240 to Google Play and all those incompatible apps that shouldn't be will install. No more market helper mess...) Anyway, I'm sorry, but I have a bunch of questions I haven't yet been able to find the answer to. Some might be in here and I'm just missing them when searching and trying to manually read over a ton of posts and some may show up in Google for someone with better search skills than myself, but right now I just don't have answers.

1. Anyway, the battery life is definitely an issue. I expected this to be worse than, say, my old Nook Simple Touch, but it's definitely going down a lot faster than it should be. I've already frozen and even removed a few system apps and greenified everything that shouldn't be active all the time (I really want to keep a few things going like the Chronus widget showing time, battery percentage, and weather conveniently there on the home screen for instance, but overall I've greenified the grand majority of user apps and several system apps even.) Oh, and I don't install crap like, for instance, the Facebook app at all. *Shivers* Still, screen off battery life is worse than, say, my Nexus 7 tablet which could possibly go nearly twice as long on a full charge. Screen on obviously isn't much worse, but it does still take a bit of power with all those updates. So anyway, I guess my biggest concern of all is to try to get that battery life higher. One thing I'm wondering about is should I be considering installing a different ROM? It's a bit of a pain to set everything back up again, but someone said at least one of the others has a better battery life? I have TitaniumBackup anyway, so getting things back up and running my way isn't too bad really.

2. Is it possible to get it more responsive? I feel like the main thing keeping this thing so unresponsive is the way it so frequently does a full screen update -- like it's essentially waiting on the screen before it will continue. On the Nook Simple Touch I came from there were some modifications people attempted to increase overall screen responsiveness by doing fewer full updates or something like that. After all, this device has a proper refresh button that you can easily press any time. Not something that could be said about that Nook Simple Touch. (I had a program for this, but when my screen started ghosting I could tap that thing ten times and it wouldn't help.) It really doesn't seem like it's the device itself that is causing this sluggishness (though I am aware that the CPU isn't exactly blazing, it's definitely a lot more powerful than that Nook Simple Touch, yet the Nook Simple Touch definitely was far far more responsive in the interface.) I've noticed it's definitely waiting for screen updates when it feels the most sluggish though.

3. One huge issue is the way a lot of apps end up with invisible text. I presume they're using some horrible color choice that is all of one color or another (or some combination thereof) that essentially translates to white, but either way I end up with white on white text in a lot of things. This just isn't ok at all... If I were on CyanogenMod I'd just look for a better theme, but I guess there are no themes here? Is there anything that can be done about this or is it just not really fixable due to how the system is handling the conversion from internally everything thinking it's on a color screen?

4. Another thing driving me a bit batty though is the limited app installation space. I don't know if it's specifically CyanogenMod or if they just aren't up to stuff with modern Android settings, but I'm used to apps just essentially sharing the same internal storage. So internal storage has something like five gigabytes free and yet apps are critically low with barely enough to even install stuff. I've moved as much as I could to the "sd card" (aka internal storage) but most apps won't let me sadly. I guess at the very least is there any way to move more to the internal storage? I've never really looked into this very much since CyanogenMod does that shared storage and I only have issues with apps if I install really huge games on my other devices (and even then it's not bad except for the fact that everyone has decided to stop doing SD card slots so storage of stuff like music can really hurt.) Maybe something that can force more apps to move? I'm aware that this can break stuff like widgets and autostarts (boo hoo) or whatever, but I'm wanting to move stuff that shouldn't be doing any of that anyway. I may finally have all the most important stuff installed after a lot of going through and moving everything I could, but if I ever need anything else then I'm stuck.

5. I'm sure there are no custom ROMs available at this time for these devices (maybe ever? I know Chinese devices like these tend to be a dime a dozen and not even worth the effort normally) but are there any custom recoveries at least? I wouldn't expect something as nice as TWRP, but even ClockworkMod as much as I hate it is better than nothing.

6. Any accessories for this thing? I need another screen protector (matte finish if at all possible) as the one that came with it managed to get dust and somehow a tiny piece of a hair under it which drives me absolutely insane (bit of an OCD thing.) I've been trying to compare the Nook Simple Touch stuff and they're really close, but I think this one is ever so slightly smaller (perhaps by as little as a millimeter or two.) Something to protect it like a really simple minimal case would be nice too. I'm always paranoid about screens breaking, but I'm guessing this isn't the toughest screen in the world as there's no way they use stuff like, for example, Gorilla Glass.

7. Is there any way to disable the automatic USB mount when connected to PC or switch to the official standard MTP mode that Google switched to a long time ago for a number of good reasons so it doesn't dismount and cause problems if I plug it into my PC? I really don't need that at all and it seems kind of unreliable anyway. I use a SSH server most of the time, but for really big stuff I could just directly use the memory card or something really.

Anyway, sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to switch over completely to this thing and basically just stop using my tablet as, to be perfectly honest, I'm mostly using my tablet for reading and ultimately this should be far better for reading. (I just wanted to be able to do some basic extras on it like check the weather in a pinch, look in Google Keep for important notes, and I've thought about stuff like having a chat tool open on it while in games since the screen can stay on with minimal effect on the battery life.) Ironically the Nook Simple Touch was better as far as battery life and general responsiveness goes but this one has a far far nicer and clearer screen and far far more apps actually can work on it.

BTW, sort of an aside, but I've been thinking about the way it doesn't have a built in speaker. My first thought was to see if it might theoretically be possible to mod in something like one of those little phone speakers. I guess they actually need to be driven from a much stronger OPAMP than this thing uses though (though I can't imagine how or why. Maybe they have really high impedance? I didn't think to try to measure that, but I can't really imagine a non-audiophile mobile device preferring a higher voltage instead of current given the choice.) I've been wondering about looking for some really tiny speaker that is designed for passively running from headphone jacks. Basically little more than an actual headphone speaker. Mostly I thought it would be nice to have music while reading without a cord in the way, but also it would be nice to have notification sounds and such perhaps (and a working alarm wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.) Has anyone ever messed around with anything like this? I guess there's no room inside the case for anything larger than a really small phone speaker, but ideally something really tiny would be best if it's external. Definitely not one of those huge battery powered behemoths.

I've also been wondering about the battery itself. How good is it really? I've almost been considering something such as an external battery mod here versus what is likely a cheap generic. (I didn't want to really pull it out, but on the surface at a glance it appears to be pretty generic anyway.) I don't know if it uses 4.2 or 4.35V yet, but I have a Panasonic NCR18650 that probably gets at least 2800mAh from a standard 3.0 to 4.2V range -- probably more. (These are designed to be able to go down to 2.5V instead, but few things can really use that anyway, so when I say 2800 I mean that these are 3400mAh batteries made for that. It could be as much as 3200mAh or so really though by the 3.0V point. It's hard to tell and I don't have a tester or the patience to set up a manual test.)
Nazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #345
converso
converso began at the beginning.

Device: all
SOLVED: Rockchip batch tool wouldnt recognize device (t62d)

I posted the solution as a seperate thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269149

Thank God, finally SOLVED: Modify rkBatch tool config file! Also, hold both refresh AND back buttons to get t62d in the mood (7sec+usb+3sec)

Bold text below is the addition.
SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE
FULLSPEEDUSB=TRUE

Last edited by converso; 12-28-2015 at 04:46 PM.
converso is offline   Reply With Quote