Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #331
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
not as old as Santa Claus.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #332
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Not having Sunday off!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 03:00 AM   #333
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Iʻm not making sweet monkey love to my husband. Perhaps because Iʻm sitting on the couch next to his dad. Oh, and three kids of ours (my husband and mine, not his dadʻs and mine, just to clarify ) are lying on the floor.

Wait, did we have to give reasons, or did I just go a little overboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I am not doing my puzzle, which taunts me from the dining table behind me.
Ooh, I LOVE puzzles! Iʻm not doing one either.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:27 AM   #334
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post

Ooh, I LOVE puzzles! Iʻm not doing one either.
I'm still not doing it. Its 6000 pieces (with every edge piece, other than corners, looking near-identical in colour if not shape) is intimidating. I will do it...but right now, I'm not.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #335
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had a 10,000 piece puzzle once. I used to do it to relax my brain before bed, and when friends visited, we all work on it together. It was a picture of the Twin Towers in NYC (when they still were standing). I had it all finished except for about 1/3 of the sky. There were probably 3000 pieces of sky, and sky is the worst part

We moved, and packed it back into its box. Havenʻt taken it out since, and that was almost 7 years ago
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 03:36 AM   #336
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I do not have a hangover .... [despite appearances and feelings]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:37 AM   #337
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I had a 10,000 piece puzzle once. I used to do it to relax my brain before bed, and when friends visited, we all work on it together.
No-one's allowed to touch my puzzle. Yeah, I'm that kind of person. When The Loved One would go to the box and find an edge piece, I'd take it from his hand and bury it back in the unsorted box. I have to do it all myself.

Cheers,
Marc (perhaps marginally OCD )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #338
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used to do jigsaw puzzles faced down ..... but not a 6000 one !!!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 AM   #339
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm not doing dishes.

My son use to keep a puzzle going on the dinning room table every winter. When he was younger he would turn the puzzle upside down and put it together by finding shapes only. Then, when that became too fast, he started the ones that have all the same shape pieces with landscape pictures.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:53 AM   #340
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
No-one's allowed to touch my puzzle. Yeah, I'm that kind of person. When The Loved One would go to the box and find an edge piece, I'd take it from his hand and bury it back in the unsorted box. I have to do it all myself.

Cheers,
Marc (perhaps marginally OCD )
ok, here is where I admit that I felt rather possessive of my pieces, in fact, I made all my friends work on the sky pieces, because I could care less about that portion of the puzzle. is that wrong? I do bat away my childrenʻs hands if they dare touch my puzzle. I buy them their own.

(OCD without the C)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'm not doing dishes.

My son use to keep a puzzle going on the dinning room table every winter. When he was younger he would turn the puzzle upside down and put it together by finding shapes only. Then, when that became too fast, he started the ones that have all the same shape pieces with landscape pictures.
I prefer these types of puzzles... interesting pictures, but same shape pieces. I dislike puzzles that have bizarre shapes, mostly because they arenʻt orderly and they donʻt stay together unless you have the surrounding pieces in place.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #341
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm not in my right mind.
I don't know whose mind it is,
but they've been undressing me with it.

My mom always did, and still does, jigsaw puzzles.
I was never allowed to help.
So I don't do them now.
I just sit quietly and have thoughts.
I write them down sometimes.
Because they need to be.
Sometimes I scream.
Because it seems like a good idea at the time.
It usually is.
I talk to myself alot.
I like it because it bothers people.
Sometimes I just stop.
Lose time.
Makes the day go by.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #342
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
I'm still not doing it. Its 6000 pieces (with every edge piece, other than corners, looking near-identical in colour if not shape) is intimidating. I will do it...but right now, I'm not.
My dad said he had a puzzle once that was all blue. It would be like the whole thing was sky. But at least most sky has varying shades of blue and some clouds if you are lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I'm not in my right mind.
I don't know whose mind it is,
but they've been undressing me with it.

My mom always did, and still does, jigsaw puzzles.
I was never allowed to help.
So I don't do them now.
I just sit quietly and have thoughts.
I write them down sometimes.
Because they need to be.
Sometimes I scream.
Because it seems like a good idea at the time.
It usually is.
I talk to myself alot.
I like it because it bothers people.
Sometimes I just stop.
Lose time.
Makes the day go by.
I am not doing my right mind either!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #343
GeoffC

I am not bothered ....
Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #344
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

I am not working on what I need to be working on for work!
Old 08-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #345
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
I am not working on what I need to be working on for work!
Ditto. Wanna hang out instead?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness