Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #316
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Mexico beating the Netherlands 1 - 0. Good as Mexico have been it would be a surprise to see the Netherlands go out at this stage I think.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #317
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Mexico beating the Netherlands 1 - 0. Good as Mexico have been it would be a surprise to see the Netherlands go out at this stage I think.
1-1..........
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #318
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
1-1..........
2-1.......

Last edited by desertblues; 06-29-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #319
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazing finish to the match!
Old 06-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #320
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Amazing finish to the match!
Who would have thought it.....Mexico played well........but we a bit better in the end
Advert
Old 06-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #321
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Well, looks like the Dutch are on to a winning strategy for those heat battles. This could be perfected by the whole team not leaving the box for 80 minutes and then savaging the exhausted opponents in the last ten minutes. Not that I'd ike to watch that...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #322
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
I disliked how Robben tried the whole match to get a penalty. I feel sad for the mexicans that the match was decided the way it was. But, if you get a goal and then spend the rest of the game just trying not to concede, you risk getting what Mexico got.

I was happy that Costa Rica went though. That performance after they had a man sent off was not pretty but was courageous.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #323
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Surprisingly good these algerians. Technically, they are very good. They could easily be winning by now if they were more intelligent in the counter attack.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #324
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

I felt sorry for Algeria, they played pretty well. With Argentina scraping past Switzerland and Brazil only just beating Chile, there seems to be a pattern to this round of matches; the favoured team don't play particularly well, but manage to go through anyway.

I'm hoping that the USA can buck that trend and beat Belgium now. No score so far, eight minutes in.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #325
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

So my hope didn't happen. My son just told me that this is the first time ever that all eight group winners have advanced from the round of 16 to the quarter finals.

No football tonight. What am I going to do? I may have to talk to Mrs B!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #326
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

I am depressed already. Imagine, there is only 8 games to go! This WC has been fantastic.

I felt sorry for the US yesterday. They play with all their heart, and you can bet a game with the US will almost always be thrilling until the very end. And Tim Howard was fantastic. What a game!

I truly truly hope Belgium beats Argentina. I can't stand a supposedly contender for the title playing so poorly.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #327
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Quote:
No football tonight. What am I going to do? I may have to talk to Mrs B!
Old 07-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #328
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

1 v 0 to Germany at half time in the first quarter final. I think that Germany just about deserve to be in the lead, but it's still possible for France to come back into it.

Klose's theatrical diving is getting annoying - the man's a disgrace. I was pleased to see him denied what could have been a valid penalty claim, probably because he went down too dramatically. Khedira also spent 5 minutes writhing in agony when he got hit by the ball. Seriously, if you can't handle being hit by a football, you should probably be looking for a career other than as a footballer!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #329
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

What a depressing match. Germany did the minimum while France did not bother to show up. I was really feeling this could be a classic. I was so wrong.

I agree with what you said about Mueller, first the thing with Pepe, and then all the attempts to get penalties is something that really strikes my nerves.

Maybe all the excitement is being kept for the Brazil game. I will go for a 3-2 Brazil win after extra time.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #330
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

I'm going to predict that this match will bring the surprise that we've not seen so far in the knockout round. 2 v 1 to Colombia.