Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #301
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Thanks, Charles. Chris got an ePub to download on his Droid last night after I posted this - but it was after we had already gone to bed and I wasn't coherent enough to get up and post about it at the time, LOL. I don't know what made the difference either, though. The first time it just kept saying "download failed", and my Pre was just giving me the yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it to tell me it wouldn't download the file. I'm not too concerned about the Pre, because it's probably going to get replaced with some form of Android phone fairly soon.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #302
stevedaytona
stevedaytona began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I've just got the NookColor and have now set up calibre to run as a content server. My Nook can see my library but when I try to add a book, it says "Download Unsuccessful". Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
stevedaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #303
ganymede
Connoisseur
ganymede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Lightbulb Send to button ...

A suggestion:
It would be really usefull to have a "send to" button
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:46 AM   #304
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedaytona View Post
I've just got the NookColor and have now set up calibre to run as a content server. My Nook can see my library but when I try to add a book, it says "Download Unsuccessful". Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I'm having the same problem.. i downloaded the epub via a website and via dropbox but not via the calibre server
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #305
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
I'm having the same problem.. i downloaded the epub via a website and via dropbox but not via the calibre server
Several people have had problems with devices that do not support digest authentication, which calibre uses.

Can your nook download books if calibre authentication is turned off? If so, then you will need either a) (preferred method) to set up a reverse proxy that does normal authentication then connects to calibre's content server, b) not use authentication at all (you want to give all your books away? ), or c) (as a last resort) use an alternate content server method that supports other authentication schemes. As for the latter, your website and dropbox are two ways of doing this. My content server is another.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #306
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
"Can your nook download books if calibre authentication is turned off?"

I just tried it and yes I can ...so I now know what the problem is ...thanks :-)
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #307
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I'm wondering, was anyone able to access the content server from a Kindle 2? I'm trying but I can't get it to work. Not working on my blackberry, either.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #308
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I can get the content server to work on my Kindle but I'm having some weird issues. At least half the time, my Kindle cannot open the ebook I get an error message. In large files, such as the gocomics RSS feed, most of the graphics are missing. Also, I cannot delete any of the downloaded content unless I connect via USB and use wither Windows Explorer or Calibre to delete.

If I sideload the same files I have no problem reading or deleting on the Kindle. Same if I email the files but for some reason direct downloads don't work well.

Don't know if it matters but I'm using 443 for the port.

Also, I cannot get the content server to work on my Pocketbook IQ but that could easily be a function of the browser or the Android operating system.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #309
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
if I missed any reference sorry, has anyone been able to use content server with the Sony 950?

thanks
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #310
crystal112557
crystal112557 began at the beginning.

Can't get content server to work at home

I know I'm a total dummy when it comes to this stuff, but I have no idea how the content server thingie works. I have Calibre set up on my work computer and left it up and running. I can access my library via internet explorer on that same computer at work, but can't access it at home. Part of that problem is that I don't really know what to put in the address bar. I tried the http://my.ip.address:8080/ that works at work, but it doesn't work here at home. What am I doing wrong? I also can't go to another computer here at work and get this to work either.
crystal112557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #311
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal112557 View Post
I know I'm a total dummy when it comes to this stuff, but I have no idea how the content server thingie works. I have Calibre set up on my work computer and left it up and running. I can access my library via internet explorer on that same computer at work, but can't access it at home. Part of that problem is that I don't really know what to put in the address bar. I tried the http://my.ip.address:8080/ that works at work, but it doesn't work here at home. What am I doing wrong? I also can't go to another computer here at work and get this to work either.
Start here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=200
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #312
crystal112557
crystal112557 began at the beginning.

I appreciate those links, but I have no clue how to do this even with reading those pages. Is there not a "simple" way to achieve being able to access my calibre library from multiple computers?
crystal112557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #313
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The moment you want to access the Calibre Content server from a remote location you are into networking issues and firewall issues. For instance I would be very surprised if the firewall in your work environment would allow you to access a service running on your work computer via the public Internet - this would be a horrible security risk.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #314
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal112557 View Post
I appreciate those links, but I have no clue how to do this even with reading those pages. Is there not a "simple" way to achieve being able to access my calibre library from multiple computers?
Those were the "simple" links. As itimpi said, you have to start dealing with security, NAT, etc. to do it right. An alternative to proper networking: You might want to search for posts about DropBox. DropBox puts your books in the cloud, from which you can access them with additional Calibre installs on other machines, or via direct file/book access with a browser.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #315
Aikagi000
Aikagi000 began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Web server Question

I know I'll probly be the only one to chime on this. First of, love the prog and seems to do exactly what I want. I can't get Stanza or Word Reader to pick up the server natively, but I can get around that with the web server which suits me fine.

That said here's my question. Is it possible to make your own web server page? it would be so cool to be able to see the thumbnails for each book with out having to actually click on each link. or even cooler, have the book covers displayed on a shelf and when you click you can get the info on it with the download/open link.

if it is possible what would need to be done? thanks.

PS. I have it running under linux

Last edited by Aikagi000; 01-24-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added extra information for support
Aikagi000 is offline   Reply With Quote