Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #301
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Mine has shipped!! It’s with UPS so I’ve redirected it and should be able to pop over and collect it around half nine tomorrow morning. Excited to get it in my hands!
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:12 PM   #302
Rix__Mix
Rix__Mix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I broke down early in the evening and ordered the 3G model. Hilarious that it's now gone 11PM and still not dispatched. Also, my leather black case was never delivered today, still states out for delivery.
Rix__Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 07:45 PM   #303
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix__Mix View Post
I broke down early in the evening and ordered the 3G model. Hilarious that it's now gone 11PM and still not dispatched. Also, my leather black case was never delivered today, still states out for delivery.
My replacement order, placed at 8.30am today, still has not been shipped
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:03 PM   #304
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix__Mix View Post
Don't abandon hope. My order just dispatched and is showing delivery tomorrow still.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #305
selianth
Enthusiast
selianth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I actually used the old trick of asking Amazon chat support "How do I remove the ads on my new Kindle?" and they removed them for free. (I have paid to remove them for my last 2 Kindles, so I don't know if that makes a difference.) It made me happy after a frustrating evening when my ?!)#%^@&!!!!! cat deleted almost 300 books out of my Calibre library (I had them selected to do a bulk convert and he chose just then to jump on just the wrong part of the keyboard....) I managed to get them back but with no tags or the original add dates, and only the AZW3 files, not the ePubs. Grrrrrrr. Oh well. At least I got the ads off for free!

Last edited by selianth; 10-31-2017 at 10:49 PM.
selianth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 10:48 PM   #306
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Received my 32G WiFi with Special Offers KOA2 along with the Midnight Black cover on October 31 as advertised. I feel fortunate after reading about delivery issues in this forum!
I live in Austin, Texas.
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:51 PM   #307
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguion View Post
I received the Kindle Oasis this morning but my Merlot cover status is strange. On the Orders page it says "Arriving today by 8pm" but at the same time "Not Yet Shipped". I live in an urban area, presumably a warehouse is close by. Does anyone else have the same thing?
I had the same thing. Oasis arrived without my Merlot cover which was shipped separately. I was told it was an error by UPS and should arrive tomorrow.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #308
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I bought my PW3 in Japan, to be used with my Amazon Japan account actually, but the time came that I wanted to remove the ads. I just deregistered my Kindle, reregistered it to my other account (Amazon Italy in my case, but I bet this works regardless of the country) and removed the ads the usual way. Then did everything in reverse to go back to my Amazon Japan account ☺
In your case, I believe registering it from the start to your US account and doing everything from there should be enough.
Thank you for the reply. So does this mean I should register it to Amazon US account and ask them to remove the ads?
I replied to Customer Support and requested once again for ad removal and my payment, but if that doesn't work, I could register it to US account.

ETA: I spoke too soon. I just received a new reply from Amazon Japan saying that because of "special circumstances" (I said I was unaware the ads cannot be removed later and I don't understand Japanese on Kindle Japan well enough) they will charge my card 2000 Yen and remove the ads
I really love Amazon, they are the only company that has without fail helped me when I contacted them (which I do not do often). And I love KOA2 even more

ETA 2: Just received email from Amazon, ads were disabled on my KOA2! Way to go Amazon and Amazon customer service, I am very happy now!

Last edited by Lady Stardust; 11-01-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:28 AM   #309
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

A small snipet from my non delivery saga. The replacement order shipped at 23.15pm last night, it arrived at my local deport at 3.40m this morning. I am no good with geography but it's obviously quicker to get from the warehouse to my area than I thought
Old 11-01-2017, 03:06 AM   #310
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My 32Gb Oasis which was ordered on Oct. 20 has shipped and will arrive tomorrow, only two days after the release date. I noticed Best Buy had several in stock yesterday. it was scheduled for Nov 7 until the time it shipped.

Last edited by BenG; 11-01-2017 at 03:09 AM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:42 AM   #311
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
A small snipet from my non delivery saga. The replacement order shipped at 23.15pm last night, it arrived at my local deport at 3.40m this morning. I am no good with geography but it's obviously quicker to get from the warehouse to my area than I thought
Mine is now "out for delivery", so fingers crossed I'll have it soon!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:48 AM   #312
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Good news Josie, hope you enjoy it when you get it 😃
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:57 AM   #313
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Mines still at the depot but I tend to be an afternoon delivery anyway.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #314
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Great news, Harry. I love mine already. I hope you do too😃
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #315
tweebee
Enthusiast
tweebee doesn't littertweebee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
My 32GB WiFi order scheduled for Nov 7th delivery has shipped last night with new delivery date of tomorrow. This was a nice surprise to wake up up to this morning. I am super excited!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
tweebee is offline   Reply With Quote