Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #301
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
Yea I get that also, did not looked what is the reason.
How about inv, is that working ? And whatever else was added etc
Yes, it is working on my Aura.

I usually use a full screen refresh after every page turn (DRCOUNTMAX = 1).

Maybe it is possible to automatically set DRCOUNTMAX to 6 when using inversion and set back DRCOUNTMAX to 1 when reverting to the non inverted screen?

Otherwise the flashing is very annoying, especially when you read in the dark.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #302
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
it should work if you edit koreader/frontend/ui/reader/readerview.lua func ReaderViewnSetInv
like this(end of the file) :

function ReaderViewnSetInv(x)
-- print(x)
if x == "inv" then
Screen.inv = true
UIManager:set_FULL_REFRESH_COUNT(DRCOUNTMAX_inopt)
else
Screen.inv = false
UIManager:set_FULL_REFRESH_COUNT(DRCOUNTMAX)
end
end

EDIT: this will not work maybe change global var DRCOUNTMAX instead

Last edited by cgm999; 07-19-2013 at 04:05 PM.
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #303
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
1 Step Hack

I've finally installed all new stuff with the option to toggle my settings:
  • Show hidden files in filemanager
  • Enlarge fonts in filemanager
  • Open lua- and sh-files in koreader
  • Set screen dpi for Aura to 235 instead of 265

The new stuff is of course cgm999's koreader, Sergey's File Monitor and KoboLaucher. It also installs dictionary support for english and german in the pdf-viewer. You can now choose whether you lauch Sergey's menu (with games, chess calculation etc.) or koreader.

The toggle is named M_toggle and can be found at the debug-commands. It switches out the files I changed with the originals and kills koreader. Automatically koreader restarts and you got your changed filemanager.

I've packed everything in one gigant Koboroot.tgz file. So it's down to a 1 step Hack. Download the rar-file with instructions here.

You can also upgrade to firmware version 2.8.1 before applying 1-Step-Hack!

Last edited by Markismus; 07-24-2013 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Info added
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #304
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@ cgm999 Your debug script works great! And of course your screen inversion is working here, too.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #305
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
wow, thanks guys! The touch interface may stop me from installing while I am travelling, but the pace at which you are going is amazing!

On a side note, since Marksimus is mentioning a giant file, I wonder whether you guys need to have a look at copy - new cloud storage giving 20GB for free if you sign up, and 5GB for each referral - check the thread here, i've played around with it, and it looks like dropbox on steroids
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #306
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I've finally installed all new stuff with the option to toggle my settings:
  • Show hidden files in filemanager
  • Enlarge fonts in filemanager
  • Open lua- and sh-files in koreader
  • Set screen dpi for Aura to 235 instead of 265

The new stuff is of course cgm999's koreader, Sergey's File Monitor and KoboLaucher. You can now choose whether you lauch Sergey's menu (with games, chess calculation etc.) or koreader.

The toggle is named M_toggle and can be found at the debug-commands. It switches out the files I changed with the originals and kills koreader. Automatically koreader restarts and you got your changed filemanager.

I've packed everything in one gigant Koboroot.tgz file. So it's down to a 1 step Hack. Download the rar-file with instructions here.
So, we have hidden files and 235DPI and cfont=24 at the start, before use of your toggle? I guess to be safe I will remove my external SD card when I try it out. I guess I needn't worry as the ebooks on my external SD card are behind a hidden folder so unless you turned hidden folders on in Nickel all that would happen is the koreader would lose sight of them as well.

Also, have you left in Giorgio's model id code and just make your changes to the return for the "Dragon" model? In other words, should the other Mark 4 model's DPI remain unaffected if they were to use your Hack?

One other potential problem; Sergey's pbchess applications all seem to have a serial number. If you have included more than the launcher parts, in your .rar... Those who use your hack may all have the same Serial Number that was issued to your download from Sergey's site.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-19-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:42 AM   #307
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you all think that it would be a good idea for me to post the following in the "Kobo Reader" forum:

A Kobo AluraHD Plus
------------------------------

How about all the features of the Kobo AluraHD, Plus:

An added reading program that uses a File Manager, can read more ebook formats, is tolerant of files that the regular Kobo would reject, has a landscape mode, has a Night Mode, has no problem with large numbers of files and is launched from the regular Kobo interface by clicking on a tile.
For info; no need to download anything yet: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216960

Also, a Launcher program that gives you a menu of games (Chess, Checkers, Sokoban, Reversi, and Gomoko, as of now) and utilities ( Notepad, Calculator, and usbnet) It also lets you add menu items linked to your own scripts, so you can run even more programs.
For info; no need to download anything yet: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201632

How about all this by just adding three files to your AuraHD? It will probably work fine in the other "Mark 4" Kobos (The Touch model with an internal uSD card, the Glo, and the Mini, as well as the AuraHD), but the "1 Step Hack" has only been tested on the AuraHD.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=303 This is the one you download.

Remember these are all in addition to your current AluraHD's functions.

To keep your AuraHD from processing (forever) the massive file structure that you can have on your external uSD card all you have to do is make a "hidden" folder to put them behind (Giorgio130's port of Koreader will be set to be able to read hidden files, while the Kobo programs can't.) To make the hidden folder, using windows, on the uSD card, just put a dot/period at the front and back of the folder name. Like: .Books. when you finish the dot in the back will be gone and you will have your hidden folder. Just place your ebook folders inside the hidden folder and the Kobo Reader will not be able to see or process them. The Koreader will be able to read all the ebook files on both uSD cards. The regular Kobo program will see everything outside of the hidden folder.

Luck;
Ken
----------------------------------------

I don't know if the new firmware will effect things and if we should wait to see how that works out. I'm thinking it's almost a monthly release schedule. Anyway, we probably have some time before Giorgio is back from holiday.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-20-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #308
Markismus
Guru

@Ken Yes, only the Aura is affected by the 235 vs 265 setting. By the way, cfont is set at 28 for now.

@Ken If you find you've lost your hidden files, just open a book, open lower menu, press M_toggle on most left tab: done. No worry.

I made the toggle, so that I can change whatever I like and see what happens: run-time compiling in lua-script, right? I toggle to the original settings. I make changes in for example menu.lua-markismus via the shell with vi and I toggle back to see what those changes do. For the package it comes in handy in that I don't have to force my adjustments on other users or retain an extra untweaked set of scripts.
Anyway, it is not like I do any serious script hacking.

For those who want to know what is adjusted:
  • run.sh is added to the main directory. It is an empty script. In it you can put commands which will be executed just before Nickel starts.
  • toggle_markismus.sh is added to the .kobo\koreader directory. It switches out the orignal versus the changed scripts. You can add or delete lua-scripts you do (not) want to toggle.
    1. credocument.lua in .kobo/koreader/frontend/document is changed. Two lines are added to the last part enabling sh- and lua-scripts to be read in koreader.
    2. screen.lua in /.kobo/koreader/frontend/ui is changed. In line 104 the dpi for the Aura is set to either "return 235" or "return 265".
    3. filechooser.lua in .kobo\koreader\frontend\ui\widget is changed. In line 8 "show_hidden = true" is toggled with "show_hidden = false".
    4. menu.lua in .kobo\koreader\frontend\ui\widget is changed at 4 lines.
      1. In line 69 ("cfont", 22) is toggled with ("cfont", 35). This controls the size of the -[X]-
      2. In line 96 ("cfont", 22) is toggled with ("cfont", 28). I don't know when this is used.
      3. In line 209 ("cfont", 22) is toggled with ("cfont", 28). This is the size of the file names in filemanager.
      4. In line 211 ("tfont", 25) is toggled with ("tfont", 35). This is the size of the title, e.g. "Filemanager".
Old 07-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #309
Markismus
Guru

@Ken I think you nailed it when you say that it has not been tested on anything but the Aura. My mum is out of town otherwise I would test it on her Glo.
Let's wait until we have success with it on other devices and then post it.

Anyone installed 1-Step-Hack on a Kobo Glo or Kobo Mini yet?

Last edited by Markismus; 07-20-2013 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 07-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #310
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Personally I like the cfont at 24, it has no line through it and fits enough text to work with my long file names. So I changed them. In koreader_kobo.sh I also changed the argument for /reader.lua from /mnt/onboard to /mnt/sd/.Books/ so that Koreader starts in my hidden directory.

I like it that the changes I made stay there as one of toggled options.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-20-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #311
Markismus
Guru

@Ken Did you add reader.lua to the toggle script? Or is that a change you do not want to toggle?
Old 07-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #312
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
@Ken Did you add reader.lua to the toggle script? Or is that a change you do not want to toggle?
Actually, I never found a toggle script, but I didn't look too hard. The change to where Koreader opens its File Manager in the file structure is not one that would need toggling, in my opinion. It is more an individual setting you would make to match your file structure. I wanted to have the File Manager open to the listing of my ebook folders on my external uSD card, when Koreader starts. So I just changed the argument after reader.lua in koreader_kobo.sh.
I suppose it would have been more elegant to use a variable so it could be set from outside, but it seems more a one time setting.

I found (much to my surprise) that the changes I made to your initial values in menu.lua remained for that toggle position after using the m-toggle. I could toggle to the original Koreader menu.lua settings and when I toggled back my changes were still there, instead of yours.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #313
Markismus
Guru

There are actually only one pair of scripts, which are switched out by renaming. So if you change one of the two scripts: it's changed. That simple.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #314
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
There are actually only one pair of scripts, which are switched out by renaming. So if you change one of the two scripts: it's changed. That simple.
That works out great for me. Hmm... that presents the potential for me to turn the M-Toggle/Markismus-Toggle into the My-toggle, I'll have to take a closer look at that.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #315
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
p=2573127&postcount=303"]1-Step-Hack[/URL] on a Kobo Glo or Kobo Mini yet?
yes, I took the plunge tonight, and your 1 step hack made my life really easy! I will now install the dictionaries, but in the meantime, do I get it right that in order to exit the programme I have to reboot? The [X] in the top right corner seems unresponsive.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote