Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #301
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'd love to have Mary Stewart's Touch Not the Cat in ebook format. I've gone through two paperback copies of the book in my lifetime (worn out on me!).

Oh and Barbara Cartland's The Husband Hunters. It's the only plot of any of her books that's stuck with me over the years. My grandmother was an avid fan of hers, and had a boatload of her books. Dunno whatever happened to 'em?

Last edited by copyrite; 08-26-2012 at 03:27 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #302
Ararose
Enthusiast
Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I'd love to have Mary Stewart's Touch Not the Cat in ebook format. I've gone through two paperback copies of the book in my lifetime (worn out on me!).

Oh and Barbara Cartland's The Husband Hunters. It's the only plot of any of her books that's stuck with me over the years. My grandmother was an avid fan of hers, and had a boatload of her books. Dunno whatever happened to 'em?
copyrite, do you have access to Open Library through your local library system? A lot of printed books from before the ebook era have been scanned and made into ebooks there. Of course, you don't get to keep the ebooks; you can only borrow them. And the epub versions have a lot of flubs in them. But they do have Mary Stewart books there as ebooks.
Ararose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #303
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
That would be great if there was local access, but I just scoured their web site and I don't see a mention of Open Library.

I see enough mistakes in what I read through Overdrive!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #304
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
That would be great if there was local access, but I just scoured their web site and I don't see a mention of Open Library.

I see enough mistakes in what I read through Overdrive!
I've been able to borrow books direct from the Open Library without going through Overdrive. I had to open an account with them, though. IIRC, you're entitled to 5 loans at a time, and you get to keep the book for up to 14 days. You get the usual ACSM file which opens up in Adobe Digital Editions.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #305
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post
Thank you all for posting these books! A tad off topic, but I do so wish some of these old timers were in ebook form: Phyllis Whitney, Victoria Holt, Mary Stewart, Jane Aiken Hodge and Patricia Veryan. These are really, really old timers, but it would be fun to see some of them published by the likes of Sourcebooks.... I wonder if they would hold up today. If you have read any what do you think? It is the Cartlands that started me thinking.
Ditto. I want all the books written by Mary Stewart, Victoria Holt, Phyllis Whitney, all the early books by Jude Deveraux, Judith McNaught and Kathleen Eagle as well. All of these in ePub format of course.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #306
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
I just looked at Open Library and they have not only Mary Stewart, but Victoria Holt, Phyllis Whitney, Jane Aiken Hodge and even Patricia Veryan. I am so surprised! Where did this place come from? How much fun. I would like to own some of these, but this is most definitely better than nothing at all. Thanks Loosheesh.

Tattncat, they also have McNaught, Deveraux and Eagle...I'll be...

Just downloaded one. I really want these published in ebook format not photocopied and needing to be read in adobe digital editions... Oh well.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 08-26-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #307
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspag View Post

The Last Bride in Ballymuir by Dorien Kelly (previously published by Pocket Star in 2003)
I read this quite a while ago and loved it very much. I'll download it for a possible reread. Thanks.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #308
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post
I just looked at Open Library and they have not only Mary Stewart, but Victoria Holt, Phyllis Whitney, Jane Aiken Hodge and even Patricia Veryan. I am so surprised! Where did this place come from? How much fun. I would like to own some of these, but this is most definitely better than nothing at all. Thanks Loosheesh.

Tattncat, they also have McNaught, Deveraux and Eagle...I'll be...

Just downloaded one. I really want these published in ebook format not photocopied and needing to be read in adobe digital editions... Oh well.
I've been to that site but never figure out how to use it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #309
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
I think I finally figured it out. Went to Open Library and opened an account (I was on the computer). Then used the browser on my tablet, (ipad in this case, but am sure it would be the same with Kindle fire or other tablets) went to Open Library, borrowed a book, and clicked download. It then asked which format pdf or epub. I selected pdf because it said epub might contain errors. The next window asked if I wanted to open it in Bluefire reader or open in.... The second option led to Bluefire or Overdrive. I selected Bluefire and got asked to authorize it with my adobe username and password (which I had) then up it popped with the book downloading. The pdf is like a zeroxed copy of the hardback. I think that any reading software that works with Adobe digital will work. I find that I have to wait for a page to download which is inconvenient. I may try the epub and see how that is. Not the best maybe, but not too bad. Miss my kindle though.

downloaded a book in epub. Page turn is quick, just like on an ereader.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 08-27-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #310
Ararose
Enthusiast
Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Fire
I've never been able to figure out how to use the .pdf versions from Open Library on any of my readers. They either crash the device or load each page so slowly that it wasn't worth it. So I usually get the epub versions and deal with the errors. Some are better than others. It's better than nothing.
Ararose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #311
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free today on Amazon US:

Hunter (Crossfire Series) by Gennita Low/Harper Collins

Loosheesh, thank you for the information on Open Library!
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #312
inspiredromance
inspiredromance began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Free on Amazon 8-27 - 8-29: Sam's Treasure by Terri Crews.
inspiredromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #313
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredromance View Post
Free on Amazon 8-27 - 8-29: Sam's Treasure by Terri Crews.
Adding the Link. Thanks!

Sam's Treasure by Terri Crews (Amazon US)
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #314
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
One day Kindle freebie:

Babies in the Bargain [Kindle Edition] Mona Risk (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Babies-in-the-...30527&sr=1-2#_

Product Description
Babies in the Bargain, voted BEST ROMANCE NOVEL at Preditors & Editors Readers Poll 2009.
Babies in the Bargain won 2010 BEST CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE NOVEL at Readers Favorite

With only one year left to complete her medical training, Dr. Holly Collier vows not to let anyone mess up her sacrosanct schedule. Especially not Dr. Marc Suarez. The heartthrob of the hospital who used to collect sports' trophies and nurses' kisses broke her heart seven years ago.

When a tragic accident transforms the carefree playboy into a dedicated, but novice father to his nephew, Holly gives in to her maternal instincts and turns her structured life upside down for the orphaned preemie. But can she learn to trust Marc again and believe in true love?

If you like sexy romantic comedies, you'll enjoy reading Mona Risk's other novels:
NEIGHBORS and MORE: With too many skeletons in their own closets, would her dear neighbors do their best to save her or incriminate her?
SAILING WITH YOU: Their physical attraction sizzles, but will he be able to convince her he's not the enemy anymore?
NO MORE LIES: a lie that brings a smile or a truth drawing tears?****
RIGHT NAME, WRONG MAN: What's a girl to do when she whispers another man's name in her fiancé's arms?
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #315
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just found out that if you sign up for Kristen Ashley's newsletter she emails you 20% off coupons for her books on Smashwords!

If you have not read her books you are really missing out!
I get mine mostly through Kindle's Lending program but if you are not able to go that route you can sign up for her newsletter and get the coupons. They are good till October 2012 otherwise they are bit pricey but after reading 6 of her books she's an autobuy for me.

Whatever you do, don't start with her book Knight like I did.
I still can't believe she wrote that one.

I am burning through her Rock Chick Series books. I ask myself what will I do after I finish them. I try to savor them but the last one I read in two days, it was that good. I think I will cry because I've come that attached to the Fortnum gang.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote