Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #286
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydm View Post
I'm excited to announce that ROGUE WAVE (formerly The Palmyra Impact) is now available as an ebook. Thanks to everyone for reading it last year when it was self-published.

I know it's available now on Kindle, Nook, and the iBookstore, but I'm not sure what other platforms it will be on.
Thanks for reminding me. I saw a full-page ad in a magazine recently (maybe Romantic Times?) and was very pleased to see that it would be available in mass market. But I forgot to look for the ebook, until now.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #287
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
The paperback of The Ark doesn't come out until 1/25/2011. I'm sure the Kindle price will match the paperback when it does.
Ah cool... seems like I've been waiting so long to read this. Should have got it when you offered it for free. Oh well.. .you snooze you loose. I'm going to buy rouge wave before they bump the price up.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #288
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The paperback of The Ark doesn't come out until 1/25/2011. I'm sure the Kindle price will match the paperback when it does.
I'm not sure at all. In fact, I'm more sure the eBook price will stay the same then drop when the MMPB comes out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #289
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is Rogue Wave any different then The Palmyra Impact?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #290
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
JSWolf, there are some differences between Rogue Wave and The Palmyra Impact. In Rogue Wave, the pacing has been tightened and some extraneous characters have been cut, but the overall plot is the same.

Unfortunately, ROGUE WAVE has been missing from the Kindle store for the last two days, and I don't know why. I've been pestering Amazon to get it back online, but no progress yet. I apologize for the mix-up, and I'll let you know when it's back online.
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #291
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
It's $5.99 on the Sony site as well; I picked it up yesterday. I really enjoyed the Ark.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #292
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
It's $5.99 on the Sony site as well; I picked it up yesterday. I really enjoyed the Ark.
I also enjoyed The Ark. I may pick up the new one sometime soon since it's available in ePub for a reasonable price.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #293
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
It is $4.69 at Kobo. And with today's promocode (1stbirthday) only $2.35.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #294
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

After an extended absence from the Kindle store due to formatting issues, Rogue Wave is now back online! Sorry for the delay to the Kindlers out there. And thanks to everyone on all the other formats! I appreciate it.

Rogue Wave on Kindle
Old 12-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #295
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Well, I paid the Sony price, but finished the book last night; it was a fun read! Thanks.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #296
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
After an extended absence from the Kindle store due to formatting issues, Rogue Wave is now back online! Sorry for the delay to the Kindlers out there. And thanks to everyone on all the other formats! I appreciate it.

Rogue Wave on Kindle
Thanks just bought. Now get The Ark under $10 and I will buy that one too.

BOb
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #297
Boydm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm still waiting for the Kindle version to come under $10. I just think there are too many books out there to pay $17. No matter how much I want to read it.

BOb
Hi Bob,

Wanted to let you know that ebook price of THE ARK has dropped to $7.99 because it comes out in paperback tomorrow in the US.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #298
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the personal heads up. I just bought it for my Kindle. After Rouge Wave I have great expectations that this book will be awesome too.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 01-26-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #299
Boydm
Connoisseur

Here's the new US cover. I think it turned out really well:

[Image too large, please resize. 300 pixels in height. -- MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-23-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #300
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Boyd,

I'm reading The Ark and I was a bit disheartened about a pretty obvious mistake about airplanes. Or perhaps it was obvious to me being a private pilot.

The passage about the autopilot trying to keep the airplane at the same altitude and the chase planes watching the elevator go "down" so the plane wouldn't descend.

This is exactly backward. The elevator would go "up" as the auto-pilot tried to keep the plane at the same altitude due to decreased air speed. Do you have people do any type of technical fact checking when you write about stuff like that?

Ug... I guess I'll have to overlook it though... the book starts out very well. Looks like I'm in for another great ride.

BOb