Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #16
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You're not downloading the mobi file "from gmail" you are sending it to your Kindle address using gmail.

Do you have your mail settings setup similar to the image attached to post 10?

Did you test these settings by sending a book to another email account?
I am downloading the mobi from Gmail. Or at least trying to, the same way Daffy does. The idea being that I'd be able to download files for free over 3G.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
I am downloading the mobi from Gmail. Or at least trying to, the same way Daffy does. The idea being that I'd be able to download files for free over 3G.
My mistake, Good luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #18
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
I got it to work. Just had to wait long enough.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #19
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Kinda stupid I have to now set up a gmail account just to send my ebooks to my kindle. (be nice if you could connect directly via wi-fi but I'm sure amazon doesn't allow/provide for that).
Uhm- you can. It's called the Calibre content server.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #20
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSeven View Post
Daffy - this is what I'm looking to configure next. Want Calibre to scrub websites/blogs, package them for the Kindle, auto-send them to my kindle email account for WiFi pickup.

I've got the news feed pulls setup, need to sort out the packaging and sending aspects next. Any hints?
Hi,

I have a way to automate the web-to-mobi conversion and auto-send them to my Kindle account. See from this link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78183
and
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78282

I'm not sure it will work for complex webs; but it works perfectly at least from the weblog I do.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert