Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Our tastes seem to run very similiar... Subtract Star Trek, add in Stephen King, and we're a match!

I'd recommend:
Mistborn trilogy by Sanderson (very inventive magic system, truly fun to read)
Assassin's Apprentice by Hobb (and if you like it, the entire Farseer trilogy and Tawny Man trilogy; Hobb is one of those authors you either love or hate)
Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Heinlein
Rendezvous with Rama and The Gods Themselves by Clarke
Old Man's War series by Scalzi
Dark Tower ("Gunslinger") series by King
Lost City of Z by Grann (it's non-fiction! and I loved it!)
World War Z by Brooks (fantastic zombie story)
Handmaid's Tale by Atwood
Earth Abides by Stewart
Jumper by Gould
Replay by Grimwood
Fragile Things by Gaimen (I really don't like the rest of his stuff, but his short stories are fantastic)
Anubis Gates by Powers (I didn't like this much when I first read it, but I love it more and more as time goes on)
Fire Upon the Deep by Vinge
Soothsayer series by Resnick (fun little space opera romp)

Last edited by queentess; 09-21-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: wrong Vinge title
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote