Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
paulrw
Enthusiast
paulrw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Oasis, iPhone, iPad, PC
Quote:
And all this would lead me to believe you are having disk problems. I dont know if newer versions of windows come with disk checking tools, but if they do, I suggest running a disk check.
Already did this - no errors found, and to be honest, it would be unusual to find any with a mirrored set.

I will do the reinstall, but please tell me that I can keep the metadata and library, that represents a just about all my spare time for the last few weeks (:
paulrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes re-installing doesn't affect your library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrw View Post
Already did this - no errors found, and to be honest, it would be unusual to find any with a mirrored set.

I will do the reinstall, but please tell me that I can keep the metadata and library, that represents a just about all my spare time for the last few weeks (:
A fresh install or un-install leaves the Library and settings intact. Just remember where you put the library
Calibre also keeps settings in the users (hidden application) directory and that does not get overwritten, so if you think that is corrupt, you might want to kill that before re-installing

One last thought.
Anti-Virus scans of your Library. You might want to exclude the active scan (the files should have already passed in their original location, the library is a copy)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
paulrw
Enthusiast

switching off Virus scanning on the folder is a good idea, I will do that. I was unsure from Kovid's first response whether anything was safe to keep! Think I will also install a copy on another PC and sync it there as a read only version for security (I mean by that I won't add remove or change on the other machine, otherwise someone will tell me it won't run if the files are read only. I am slowly learning to spell things out!)

Last edited by paulrw; 07-26-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #20
paulrw
Enthusiast

Just to conclude the thread, uninstalled and re-installed and everything now seems OK, including the books and metadata - Phew!
Thanks to everyone for all the help
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrw View Post
Just to conclude the thread, uninstalled and re-installed and everything now seems OK, including the books and metadata - Phew!
Thanks to everyone for all the help
for reporting back.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote