Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #16
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
I expect a certain number of persons going IN the B&B store for this promo will exit the store witha shiny new Nook and/or accessories.
I think that's what they hope. In reality I think they'll be lucky to increase their sales more than a percent or two this way though. They definitely need to pump the profile of the device, and quick, because whatever part of the market Kindle doesn't already own, iPad is taking, and Kobo is going to scoop up the low end.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #17
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This is (good) news to me. What's this week's code? I'm with the poster above, it's too far to drive. The cost of gas to get there would be more than buying the book. And I'm still moving mighty slow since my lumpectomy on Monday.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #18
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
This is (good) news to me. What's this week's code? I'm with the poster above, it's too far to drive. The cost of gas to get there would be more than buying the book. And I'm still moving mighty slow since my lumpectomy on Monday.
I went by my local B&N yesterday and got a code, but I already own this week's book, so if you would like the book, I can send you the code when I get home from work.

Over at the B&N forums, there are other people who have codes they are willing to give to people too far away from a physical B&N store:

NOOK-General-Discussion/Promotion-Code-Request-Thread
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #19
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
If you've got a nook, don't forget the free 7-layer bar coupon for the B&N cafe, good the entire month of May, when you pick up the coupon for the free book!
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #20
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
I went by my local B&N yesterday and got a code, but I already own this week's book, so if you would like the book, I can send you the code when I get home from work.

Over at the B&N forums, there are other people who have codes they are willing to give to people too far away from a physical B&N store:

NOOK-General-Discussion/Promotion-Code-Request-Thread
I would love to have the code! Live too far away to get close to a physical store. PM-ed you!
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #21
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khai View Post
I would love to have the code! Live too far away to get close to a physical store. PM-ed you!
Once I got home, I saw that they had given me two fliers so I had two codes. I've PM'd both you and DixieGal. These are one-time use codes, so if you don't need it any longer, you can forward it to someone else who is looking for one.

Quote:
And I'm still moving mighty slow since my lumpectomy on Monday.
I hope you are doing well DixieGal!
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #22
notyou
Connoisseur
notyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle / Palm Pre / iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
Well, except for the thread already existing called "B&N "Fun and Free eBook promotion..."
Uh, no. That's a different promotion. But you've made a good point. I buried the lede. :-{

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Hochman (Administrator in the B&N Community)
This promotion is entirely different from Free Fridays. You can go into the store any day of the week for this giveaway and show them your NOOK. You'll be given an access code that you can redeem for a free eBook.
http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...p/531591#M2199

Last edited by notyou; 05-22-2010 at 02:16 AM.
notyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #23
BonafideZulu
BonafideZulu began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Hello all!

I just bought a nook today, but I see I missed the offer for No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I loved the HBO series, so I'm a bit disappointed I arrived on the scene so late.

By any chance, does anyone have a spare code? It would be much appreciated!
BonafideZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #24
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Several people on the nookboards forum were sending out spares, but I think most of them gave them all out. You might want to check in nook specific forums (and on the B&N web boards) to see if anyone still has any.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote