Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #16
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Thanks, Dargref! I had a look, they are not available on the Kindle, but I ordered the paperback version of Hotel Transylvania: A Novel of Forbidden Love.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #17
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
How about the Noble Dead Series by Barb & J. C. Hendee I thoroughly enjoyed them
or not Vampires but demons in the Word & the Void trilogy by Terry Brooks
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #18
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Kiwimick!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #19
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
did anyone mention the dresden files? i find in some ways they remind me more of the sookie books, although not in other ways.

also have you read all charlaine harris' short stories in various compilations?

btw, i second tanya huff's vicky nelson in the blood series and the sequels featuring one of the characters, and also the first 9 anita blakes. another one already mentioned - i also love glen cook's garrett pi books, although they have a very different type of scenario.

Last edited by basschick; 05-18-2010 at 07:37 AM.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #20
EliNoah
Enthusiast
EliNoah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader Pocket Edition
The best set of vampire books out there after sookies is Jeanine Frosts Vampire Huntress (Cat and Bones) books. They might even be better.
EliNoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #21
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Thank you basschick and EliNoah, some great recommendations!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #22
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Harris's other books. I'm personally partial to the Lily Bard mysteries, set in the small town of Shakespere.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #23
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i don't care for them - they feel less personal, in a way, and no one seems to have fun in them. and i really don't like the grave books, although i did end up reading two of them all the way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Harris's other books. I'm personally partial to the Lily Bard mysteries, set in the small town of Shakespere.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #24
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I just read Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It features a strong protagonist and a set of interesting characters who support her. I look forward to seeing the relationships and characters develop more in the next book. What I appreciated most, though, about the book, was its sense of humour and sharp wit.

Thanks for the recommendation above!
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #25
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #26
sbaum4853
YA Fantasy Author
sbaum4853 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
New vampire novel that is getting a ton of buzz comes out on Tuesday. The Passage.
sbaum4853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #27
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Geez, I forgot to suggest Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt series (starts at Already Dead). A neat mix of 'contemporary vampire noir.'
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #28
ImogenRose
PORTAL

The Passage... will have to look that one up, thanks!

Penforhire, thanks!

I'll compile all these into a list, some really great suggestions here.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #29
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Liz Williams Inspector Chen
No vampires, but paranormal and sweet and quite different
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #30
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Blood Oath is a new novel by Christopher Farnsworth kind of a vampire politacal/thriller with at least two more books to come. I really liked it and I have read all the Sookie Stackhouse books.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote