Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 AM   #16
HectorHugo
HectorHugo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
The most reliable and robust way I've found is;

1./ Use PDFCreator to generate a profile for the ebook using the settings from the Sony instructions document (thanks Clancy_s).

2./ Use BRISS to crop off the white borders.

By reformating the pdf through PDFCreator then BRISS'ing them, it seems that the SONY reader software doesn't add on huge white margins. Still a little bit of an effort but not too bad. Only slight problem is that BRISS doesn't scale the PDF document to my laptop screen so the crop area at the bottom/top is not totally optimised-anyone else with this problem?
HectorHugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #17
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorHugo View Post
Do you still use the Sony "Reader Library" software with the PRS900? I've noted that the whitespace addition to the cropped margins is only present when the zoom level is on "S".

Playing around with BRISS it does seem to do the job albeit a little bit fiddly...ideally there should be a virtual printer driver for pdf files to format them for ebooks; are there any?
I do use SONY's software, because I want to be able to view my annotations.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
Xaphiosis
Connoisseur
Xaphiosis doesn't litterXaphiosis doesn't litterXaphiosis doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1
I've gotten nice results with BRISS when all the pages are the same, but for books with irregular patterns (and weak scans) BRISS gets a bit confused. I've had the better luck with:
Code:
pdfcrop --debug in.pdf out.pdf
This file is distributed with texlive-extra-utils on linux, renamed from pdfcrop.pl
It seems to live here: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/pdfcrop/
Xaphiosis is offline   Reply With Quote