Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Today is absolutely horrible and I can't seem to have it on without it freezing after a few minutes, and I have now contacted support through Email.

My name is Patrick McQuaid.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #17
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Today is absolutely horrible and I can't seem to have it on without it freezing after a few minutes, and I have now contacted support through Email.

My name is Patrick McQuaid.
Dear Patrick:

I will check with support to be sure they got your email.

I do know that all of us are leaving for a trade show in about two jopurs and working all weekend. We will be back Monday afternoon.

I hate to say it... but robertb is really sick too. I pulled something in my stomach and it is very painful. Was out most of yesterday. Very hard night. Please, all, forgive me if I am not my normal helpful self.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Yeah I got an email back with fixes. I haven't tried them yet but it hasn't froze in a while. I don't know what's going on!

But yet I cannot access the Reader on the computer. I am getting an I/O error!

I know I backed up all my books before but still kind of annoyed with this now.

Last edited by rock; 04-23-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Patrick:

I will check with support to be sure they got your email.

I do know that all of us are leaving for a trade show in about two jopurs and working all weekend. We will be back Monday afternoon.

I hate to say it... but robertb is really sick too. I pulled something in my stomach and it is very painful. Was out most of yesterday. Very hard night. Please, all, forgive me if I am not my normal helpful self.
Oh no, Robert! Take care of yourself!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #20
rock
Addict

Disabled 2.0 and now I can get into the device here at work to back up stuff.

I am thinking about reflashing the firmware to something else and see if it helps.
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Yeah I got an email back with fixes. I haven't tried them yet but it hasn't froze in a while. I don't know what's going on!

But yet I cannot access the Reader on the computer. I am getting an I/O error!

I know I backed up all my books before but still kind of annoyed with this now.
What operating system on your computer?

I/O error can be disk file system corruption (seems to happen to me a lot withe SD cards, but not with pen drives.).
Running a disk repair program may be in order.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #22
rock
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What operating system on your computer?

I/O error can be disk file system corruption (seems to happen to me a lot withe SD cards, but not with pen drives.).
Running a disk repair program may be in order.
Running that now, I wasn't even able to get to properties, but then saw Dave_S talking about the 2.0 causing problems, so I disabled them so now I could get in.

running a scan disk now, and I REALLY hope this fixes all my issues. I hate to send it in.

I did fix automatically, was that a bad deal?

Just habbit but it is done and I got no report.

Last edited by rock; 04-23-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Running that now, I wasn't even able to get to properties, but then saw Dave_S talking about the 2.0 causing problems, so I disabled them so now I could get in.

running a scan disk now, and I REALLY hope this fixes all my issues. I hate to send it in.

I did fix automatically, was that a bad deal?

Just habbit but it is done and I got no report.
Fix automatically is what I do.

The PEZ USB 2 is a problem on Windows XP with Intel USB chips (not the CPU). I added an older USB 1 board so I could still have USB2 for other things that don't glitch.
The USB2 issue might be the cause of your MD5 error on firmware. I use a card reader to put the v5setup.bin onto the SD Card (lots faster for 127MB transfer)
Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #24
rock
Addict

I use a card reader on my netbook.

I think that was the battery was just completely dead. I haven't had a freeze today and that is a first in the past week.

I think MD5 was a battery issue (being completely dead it seemed).

Still I am thinking of using that custom firmware with the spiral library.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #25
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I use a card reader on my netbook.

I think that was the battery was just completely dead. I haven't had a freeze today and that is a first in the past week.

I think MD5 was a battery issue (being completely dead it seemed).

Still I am thinking of using that custom firmware with the spiral library.
I don't recommend you jump to 3rd party FW until you have your stability issues resolved. I have no stability issues with TXT or EPUB. Those should be a good yardstick
Some other formats have lockup issues, which make them less reliable for judging Hardware problems.
YMMV
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #26
rock
Addict

Yeah I was reading a greek mythology book I have that is TXT and that ran fine no hang ups.

Epub, The Mysterious Island runs fine, but the DRM Physics of the Impossible is slow but once I have loaded the page once, it is fine.

I will see how the weekend goes with it, as I am probably going to just read all weekend.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #27
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Fix automatically is what I do.

The PEZ USB 2 is a problem on Windows XP with Intel USB chips (not the CPU). I added an older USB 1 board so I could still have USB2 for other things that don't glitch.
The USB2 issue might be the cause of your MD5 error on firmware. I use a card reader to put the v5setup.bin onto the SD Card (lots faster for 127MB transfer)
Just to add to your post, the USB issue isn't limited to just Intel USB chips on WinXP, it is also an issue on Linux systems using the Intel chipset. I don't experience the USB problem often, but it is drastically reduced if I have no other USB devices plugged in when transferring files to the PEZ. I am a Linux user BTW.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Just to add to your post, the USB issue isn't limited to just Intel USB chips on WinXP, it is also an issue on Linux systems using the Intel chipset. I don't experience the USB problem often, but it is drastically reduced if I have no other USB devices plugged in when transferring files to the PEZ. I am a Linux user BTW.
I use Linux and XP and my Laptop is Dual boot.
I think you may have explained one case of corruption. I added a USB stick while my PEz was attached to my Karmic system Lost half the files on the Pez. Wasn't sure if I failed to "eject" properly (My built-in Card reader is also a USB device (Ouch, I had a SD Card in it) 4 computers, all have Intel chipsets
Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #29
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
I use Linux and XP and my Laptop is Dual boot.
I think you may have explained one case of corruption. I added a USB stick while my PEz was attached to my Karmic system Lost half the files on the Pez. Wasn't sure if I failed to "eject" properly (My built-in Card reader is also a USB device (Ouch, I had a SD Card in it) 4 computers, all have Intel chipsets
You know, that's probably how I trashed my PP's internal memory, only I was plugged into a Windows 2000 box that already had a USB stick in the nearby port.

We may be onto something!
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote