Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Sipix displays are less DPI(130's or 140's can't find it right this second) and the speed is no faster. The blacks are a bit darker but then so are the whites.
In the E-book Reader Matrix the Jinke A9 is using the SiPix screen (142 ppi). The DR-950 isn't there because there are few details so far.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Well the 5 inch E-ink displays are 160 dpi versus this 140ish.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #18
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
The 5" e-ink screens are 200dpi, no? The 6" ones are 167...and the KDX at least is 150dpi.

150 vs 142 isn't massive.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Dawn is correct 5 inch are 200.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
danamr
danamr began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
£250 doesn't translate to $354. It translates to $250
£1 = $1.63 as of today that makes £250 = $403
I don't think the £ has ever been 1=1 with the $
danamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #21
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Yes, it's a nice theory. However, in practice, it doesn't work that way and $1=£1 is a very good guide for electronics, not least because the UK price includes 17.5% VAT and additional costs related to UK return and warranty laws.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #22
Spirity
Follow Your Bliss!
Spirity doesn't litterSpirity doesn't litter

Device: Dreaming of a HP TouchSmart tm2!
I've got to laugh - I thought I was all set in my mind that I would buy the QUE, but then the Skiff intrigued me until I saw no release date or price.

Now the Asus dr-950 really looks great, and at a much better price! I like that it has an SD card slot as well -

I think if this hits the market before the QUE, I might take the leap. My top priority is being able to read pdf's (not technical) on a big screen. I have quite a library of pdf books that I want to read on something other than a laptop

Every time I come to this great forum, I learn something new! lol

Thanks~
Spirity is offline   Reply With Quote