Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
DAMN! I just closed Miriam in my laptop after laughing so hard!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
"behave"

"step han fry"

"the iPhone is still not flash enabled"

"Peace is given a chance"

Haha .... this guy's good. Rare to see an author who can speak as captivatingly as he writes.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
"behave"

"step han fry"

"the iPhone is still not flash enabled"

"Peace is given a chance"

Haha .... this guy's good. Rare to see an author who can speak as captivatingly as he writes.
step hen free is no ordinary author.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #19
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Hello. We're talking about language.

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Hello. We're talking about language.

oh no ! stop it !!! if i watch that skit right now i think i'll rupture my spleen !!!!!
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel

"by 'demagogery', i mean 'demagogery'."
"i thought so."

"we're talking about chickens, we're talking about eggs."

"hold the news-reader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers."

"that surely is a thought to take out for a cream tea on a rainy sunday afternoon."

despite the over-riding silliness of the whole sketch i'm pretty sure the "ode to language" at the end is completely sincere.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #22
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
60° ?? crikey. that'll be a new experience for them...
Chapter II: The Seduction

Lefty: Where is Madam Z when you need her? I could use some support on this steep incline. I'm getting all bunched up.
Hugo: We support her Lefty, it's the other way 'round. Besides, don't you remember, she's laid up with that bad ankle? I'm sure the kittehs were involved in that mischief.

The husky voice exclaimed, "Oh my! Those are a fabulous looking pair!"

And four proud voices chimed, in unison, "Thank you".

Lefty: Is there an echo in here?
Hugo: How can there be an echo when we chimed in unison?
Lefty: Well then, who chimed? It wasn't just your old voice I heard.
Hugo: Who're you calling old? We're both spun from the same llama. Those voices sounded like they came from above but I can't see a thing. I'm stretched to the knee but I still can't see! Can you see anything Lefty.
Lefty: Cannoli. Mmm.

Voice from above, "Help! My name is Miriam and I'm trapped.
Another voice from above, "Me too! My name is Shan.... [the last part of the name was cut short by the sound of another zipper] Did someone say cannoli?"

Lefty: Hugo, are there damsons in this dress?
Hugo: :groan: That's not how the saying goes. [Shouts above] Who are you? Where are you? Are you trapped like we are? Are you damsels in distress?
Lefty: [Shouts above]Are there damsons in this dress?

Voice from above, "We told you who we are. We're trapped too, in this double catapult-like device. Can you help to set us free? We've been referred to as mellons or butternut squash before, but nothing so small as plums. Our torturer is often referring to his googly bits though.

Hugo: You're in a double trebuchet? How can we help. (Thinking to himself one can never have enough trebuchets.)

Voice from above, "Do you have fingers?"

Hugo: No, but we know a few toes and we have a safety pin if that will help.
Lefty: You have cannoli? I told you we were in Italy.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
Lefty: Is there an echo in here?
Hugo: How can there be an echo when we chimed in unison?
Lefty: Well then, who chimed? It wasn't just your old voice I heard.
Hugo: Who're you calling old? We're both spun from the same llama. Those voices sounded like they came from above but I can't see a thing. I'm stretched to the knee but I still can't see! Can you see anything Lefty.
Lefty: Cannoli. Mmm.
classic hugo and lefty ! "damsons in this dress ?"

poor miriam and shane, trapped in a double trebuchet. those things can be so uncomfortable. i don't even want to think what poor godfrey is going through.

however, i'll have you know for the record the kittehs are INNOCENT !! innocent i tell you. they had nothing to do with the mischief which has left me half maimed.

(and also : cannoli, mmmm....)